Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Since you think I'm picking on your hero, I'll bold and italicize plenty of statements which includes all of them. If reading comprehension isn't your strong point, maybe in the future I will provide a list of all drivers so that you understand what I mean by saying "all of the" or "none of them". For most those types of statements are obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

It happens. Teams screw it up, drivers screw it up. None of them are winning championships in average cars, and none of them dominate without the best cars. Had luck always come his way and he had always been mistake free, Lewis would probably have 9 WDC's now. But he managed to snatch 7 of them, which is still a great record.

None of them did it in crap cars, and IMHO often the drivers with great track records against the other top drivers in top cars can easily make a bad move and end up with lesser records in a hurry.

If you want to build shrines to drivers go ahead, but don't think I'm going to do the same.

And if you actually paid attention, I mention Alonso right after Lewis. The names mean nothing other than some press coverage if they aren't driving well. Their value to the top teams will have a lot more to do with their driving then it will with press coverage.

And if you do compare the drivers on the same team, often the "greatest" suddenly is proven to be "greatest" only when teamed with lesser drivers. The ones that are really on top fare just as well when put up against the best at the same team.

With any car superiority taken out of the picture, often they suddenly become much more equal, so fans of any particular driver tend to shy away from such comparison.

What is nonsensical is thinking that any driver on the grid is psychic.

Now I'm certain that you can easily tell us which other WDCs Lewis dominated in equal cars, since by your assertion that is always the case. We'll wait patiently for your attempts as misdirection or finding a way of considering small points margins complete domination of a driver. If that were the case, there might be others that think he is worth 10 times what he is paid as you have claimed in this thread. But being he is one of the highest paid in the sport, even then I doubt many people would join that thinking.

And they wouldn't think it if it were Fernando, Kimi, Jenson, Nico, or Max either, unless they somehow placed a favorite driver as ungodly talented above all drivers, even when the record showed otherwise.

As for the best teams only wanting the best drivers in their cars.... you might want to take a look at the history of who drove where. They often want ONE of the best in their cars, no doubt, but two hasn't happened a lot in recent years.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Since you think I'm picking on your hero, I'll bold and italicize plenty of statements which includes all of them. If reading comprehension isn't your strong point, maybe in the future I will provide a list of all drivers so that you understand what I mean by saying "all of the" or "none of them". For most those types of statements are obvious.

Now I'm certain that you can easily tell us which other WDCs Lewis dominated in equal cars, since by your assertion that is always the case. We'll wait patiently for your attempts as misdirection or finding a way of considering small points margins complete domination of a driver. If that were the case, there might be others that think he is worth 10 times what he is paid as you have claimed in this thread. But being he is one of the highest paid in the sport, even then I doubt many people would join that thinking.

And they wouldn't think it if it were Fernando, Kimi, Jenson, Nico, or Max either, unless they somehow placed a favorite driver as ungodly talented above all drivers, even when the record showed otherwise.

As for the best teams only wanting the best drivers in their cars.... you might want to take a look at the history of who drove where. They often want ONE of the best in their cars, no doubt, but two hasn't happened a lot in recent years.
    Now l get it, you are having a dig because you think Hamilton is my hero. Then please have a go at Schumacher and Senna as well. I wonder what you would have to say about these great world champions.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Now l get it, you are having a dig because you think Hamilton is my hero. Then please have a go at Schumacher and Senna as well. I wonder what you would have to say about these great world champions.

Dude, Hamilton is your hero.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Once again, terms like "none" or "all" used by me are all inclusive. No driver is above the car, with the possible exception of freak wet racing letting a lesser combo do well.

What about that domination you claim? Where is it for any of them in equal cars?

Once again, terms like "none" or "all" used by me are all inclusive. No driver is above the car, with the possible exception of freak wet racing letting a lesser combo do well.

What about that domination you claim? Where is it for any of them in equal cars?
    Many F1 champions have won championships with second-best cars, sometimes it is also the guy behind the wheel. It is simply the excellence of a man-machine synergy that produces greatness. And sometimes, the man must drag an inferior car to the front of the pack.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Many F1 champions have won championships with second-best cars.
    If you could please name them, that would be cool.

'Many' implies more than just three or four.

I can't think who they might be, at least since the 1970s.
    Last edited by ouvreur; 6th April 2023 at 13:33.

7. Likes: airshifter (8th April 2023),gm99 (6th April 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    If you could please name them, that would be cool.

'Many' implies more than just three or four.

I can't think who they might be, at least since the 1970s.
    Easy, Lewis Hamilton 2014 &15 and from 2017-2020. He actually outperformed the cars, it's well documented... here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Easy, Lewis Hamilton 2014 &15 and from 2017-2020. He actually outperformed the cars, it's well documented... here.
    And nearly did in 2021 if not for Masi madness. Jochen Rindt, James Hunt, Raikkonen, Senna and many more.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th April 2023 at 21:56.
    William Shakespeare

And nearly did in 2021 if not for Masi madness. Jochen Rindt, James Hunt, Raikkonen, Senna and many more.
    My comment was firmly tongue in cheek...
    Merc had a humongous performance advantage over everyone else for most of these years.
    You know it.. so why pretend it was all because of Lewis? This is why I can never take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    My comment was firmly tongue in cheek...
    Merc had a humongous performance advantage over everyone else for most of these years.
    You know it.. so why pretend it was all because of Lewis? This is why I can never take you seriously.
    I knew what you were up to buddy, hence the reverse tongue in cheek.

But seriously, Vettel in the Ferrari should have won in 2018 or 2019 when the Ferrari was marginally faster than the Mercedes in a straight line. Everyone l know harps about "if Alonso was in that Ferrari, he would have won one of those seasons!". There was very little doubt that Mercedes was on their back foot in 2021 but clawed forward to a winning poisition until the very last lap of the season when it was snatched from Hamilton. But then again l am talking to a wall as you are blindsighted to anything Hamilton.
    William Shakespeare