Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Imagine a world where the 2021 drama stays in thread related to 2021. If only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

As fans, we watch these race weekends to see racing gladiators demonstrate great skill and gutsy feats of battles and overcome tough tribulations to triumph in some way.
    This is the type of statement that leads me to believe that you idolize drivers above reality.

They are good drivers, nothing more. Far from gladiators of any kind.

The fact that it's an elitist sport doesn't make it any more dangerous, nor the drivers any less human.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    They are good drivers, nothing more. Far from gladiators of any kind.

The fact that it's an elitist sport doesn't make it any more dangerous, nor the drivers any less human.
    You continue to surprise me with your comments. It goes to show how less you understand what F1 is about. These guys are more than merely good drivers, they are a showcase of the best racing drivers in the world. Since you cannot appreciate that if something goes wrong, they could pay the ultimate price with their lives is something you make ordinary by your comments, this gives me a reason to conclude that you do not get it.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You continue to surprise me with your comments. It goes to show how less you understand what F1 is about. These guys are more than merely good drivers, they are a showcase of the best racing drivers in the world. Since you cannot appreciate that if something goes wrong, they could pay the ultimate price with their lives is something you make ordinary by your comments, this gives me a reason to conclude that you do not get it.
    The best racing drivers in a very niche aspect of motorsport that probably excludes a very large percentage of people from ever trying it due to the amount of both time and money required by a family to get a person even started in the sport. Even then, pay drivers and money backing plays a huge role for many of them if their talents are noticed at all.

As for danger, a lot of lower level motorsports, jobs, even commutes, and daily live is just as dangerous for many people. It's no longer the 60's or 70's and F1 cars are among the safest racing cars made.

They are ordinary people who got fortunate enough to do something like this for a living. They aren't superhuman, exceptionally brave, or as talented as some make them to be. They are just the ones that made it to an exclusive sport.

If you want to worship them as gods feel free. I don't.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    The best racing drivers in a very niche aspect of motorsport that probably excludes a very large percentage of people from ever trying it due to the amount of both time and money required by a family to get a person even started in the sport. Even then, pay drivers and money backing plays a huge role for many of them if their talents are noticed at all.

As for danger, a lot of lower level motorsports, jobs, even commutes, and daily live is just as dangerous for many people. It's no longer the 60's or 70's and F1 cars are among the safest racing cars made.

They are ordinary people who got fortunate enough to do something like this for a living. They aren't superhuman, exceptionally brave, or as talented as some make them to be. They are just the ones that made it to an exclusive sport.

If you want to worship them as gods feel free. I don't.
    When l say you don't get it, you prove me right every time. F1 is the pinnacle of motor racing, or at least that is what the FIA and the F1M are aspiring to achieve. I would accept that they are yet to properly realize this aspiration, particularly because the career paths from various lower formulas are not ending up in F1, the absence of diversity in drivers and teams and the absence of women drivers in F1.

It is however the perceived pinnacle of the sport with a very limited number of seats in ten teams. This exclusivity is what makes the formula a special category of motor racing. If we go by your statement above, we would need a huge amount of cars to satisfy your perspective, and the racing would be ridiculous at best. I think if F1 can get up to 15 teams on the grid, it would provide more chances for more talent from more formulas to enter F1. The grid would be crowded on short tracks and some street tracks but necessary.

Appreciation is not worshipping, l get you can't tell the difference. That's ok!
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 31st March 2023 at 11:55.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Yeah, I read the comments from "the temptress". However,
    I think that if he had to make a choice between F1, and the tart......well....."Box Box". Wait, maybe on second thought that might be a bit ambiguous. Let's just say I think he could find a skirt that will encourage him to keep racing.
    What did I say baggie? The Battle-axe shouldn't have opened her pie-hole
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rand-Prix.html

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

7. Likes: Bagwan (3rd April 2023)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    What did I say baggie? The Battle-axe shouldn't have opened her pie-hole
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rand-Prix.html

Tires still good . Don't wanna box .

You nailed 'er , Taz .

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Tires still good . Don't wanna box .

You nailed 'er , Taz .
    Fred ain't going nowhere dawg!

In the words of Mick Goldmill (Burgess Meredith's character from Rocky);
    He's a "greasy fast Italian tank".
    Ok not Italian, but he is greasy fast.
    May the Forza be with him! (And also with you)

"Now I find myself with the longest career ever in F1, and I'm still fresh, still motivated, still enjoying every single day. So yeah, there's a few more years for me."

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...nt-intentions/

Now that he got rid of "the stink" he's made his intentions quite clear!

May the forza be with you

10. Likes: Bagwan (10th April 2023),Mia 01 (10th April 2023)