Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts

2023 Cars, livery and tests thread

With testing only a week away, we're finally seeing the shakedown runs, some livery changes, some subtle and some huge cars changes. What else is to come? So far RB are showing us nothing..... keeping their cards close. Merc has shown major changes, but Toto is claiming more changes once the car hits the track.

One thing for sure, the Ferrari influenced "bathtubs" are in, in many forms. Major deep channels with slides to the rear, even up high as with the Merc. Merc is sticking to a small pod for now, but most others are doing large on the sidepods, with many variations of the undercut channels and the tubs on top.

One thing for sure, everybody except for Merc seems to be taking the approach of RB and Ferrari with the wider sidepods to manage the rear. Williams has made changes and are sort of still doing their own thing, but not really small pods.

I'll guess we'll see better photos and such next week, but so far what's out there is fairly wild on the sides. It will be interesting to see who got it right this time.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    The livery team announcements was so blah...

But I am looking for the rumbles that roll out from Testing.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Is testing going to be on tv in the
    US?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Is testing going to be on tv in the
    US?

I do not see it on ESPN. First thing they show is Bahrain Practice 1 on 3/3/23.

Now, if you are a subscriber to F1TV they seem to show they will have coverage of pre-season testing from 23-25 February.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Thanks mate!

May the forza be with you

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    The cars hit the track for the first time Thursday morning. Lot of flow vis, huge aero rakes, mega sandbagging, and no doubt some glory runs will be in the mix. All designed to get in the heads of other teams, leave us guessing, and to some extent stretch the legs of the cars without showing their hand.... or by at times showing all of it in hopes of crushing the will of other teams.

I'm really interested to see how things shake down. There have been a lot of major changes, so all the teams seems to have found what they think are some of the answers to the new regs.