Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It is really funny how some people troll me with Mikkelsen no matter what the topic is.

But w/e:

I wrote in Estonia that Suninen did good job ending "just as expected" (and commented that the 8/10 he got from Clark was spot on). If Mikkelsen did that there I would comment the same.

Finland was different. As in Suninens own words it is supposed to be his best rally. His pace went downwards from Estonia. For Mikkelsen Finland is historically his worst rally (no podium) that he last drove in 2019. So ending like Suninen did would be about as expected.
    Well I thought who else you would have seen as a driver for these events and answered the question myself, but of course I can be wrong. Who would you have offered the drive? I'm actually curious who people think could drop in and do better than either Mikkelsen or Suninen.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    I don't think anyone currently available was better choice than one of those two.

Based on both past and recent results Mikkelsen was seemingly as good choice for Estonia (which off course doesn't mean he would do better).
    But Suninen was seemingly better choice for Finland.

In the end I would rank Suninens results as 8/10 in Estonia and 4/10 in Finland.

Then the already asked question is whether Sordo or Mikkelsen would do worse. Sordo would definitely do worse in Estonia but for Finland I don't think either of them would do worse.

Whats the point of getting Suninen when at his two best events (again his words) he does barely better than what could be expected from the two others.

CA's words were that he wasn't looking for replacement just for the two events but for a longer term solution. Suninen didn't exactly confirm he is one. And funnily enough Hyundai announced Sordo for Greece within an hour after end of the rally, while these kinds of announcements usually come 2-3 days after.

No I don't expect CA to call Mikkelsen for next season at all. I expect him to try to get Ogier really hard an use Suninen as "fill" for those relatively few events Ogier won't do.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Suninen expectations:

https://dirtfish.com/rally/david-eva...teemu-suninen/

Reality... slowest WRC bar a hobby driver 4 years out.

4th as a result doesn't sound bad. Until you look on who was running.

Suninen was hired to do a better job than Sordo. In Estonia he did that. In Finland it is rather debatable.
    Sunninen was hired to drive in some of the rallies Sordo won’t do. He will do better job regardless.

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Personally I think Sunninen did ok, I suspect had it been a dry rally he would have been somewhere nearer the pace and in front of Taka. Lack of seat time and that loose rear end of the Hyundai in the high speed, coupled with the wet conditions…..I think his pace is understandable, and as others have said, I don’t suppose anyone else would have done better. He didn’t bin it and he scored points.

5. Likes: cali (6th August 2023),Corcaíoch (6th August 2023)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    My video from Rally Finland, bit depressing with so many retiring but pretty good event in the end anyway!
    https://youtu.be/8q9LNWyfzow
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

7. Likes: dimviii (6th August 2023),EstWRC (6th August 2023),Jewy46 (8th August 2023),Lead (6th August 2023),seb_sh (6th August 2023),Sulland (7th August 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Takamoto Katsuta @TakamotoKatsuta

It was really big fight with Teemu Suninen during Rally Finland.

I enjoyed a lot but I never ever felt 0.1sec is so big.

Big respect for him, he was fast and this was only 2 rallies with Rally1.

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Is it really so, that if you don't race for points, then no trophies for drivers?

I mean Solberg's post in Instagram, where they showered their own champagne and jumped into lake

Doesn't matter it's Solberg this time, let it be whoever, but if you are fastest in your class and win it, then it is a shame not being given a trophy for that..

Racing for pointa should only be for formalities, but if you race fair n square in certain class and win it, then it should also be awarded.

10. Likes: becher (6th August 2023),Corcaíoch (6th August 2023),Eli (6th August 2023),EstWRC (6th August 2023),Jewy46 (8th August 2023),Lead (6th August 2023),Norm75 (6th August 2023),Rallyest (7th August 2023),seb_sh (6th August 2023),skarderud (6th August 2023),steve.mandzij (6th August 2023),TWRC (7th August 2023),ZoomanSP206 (10th August 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I fully agree. Another joke from modern WRC.

Promoter and President should be changed, I do not see any other alternative.

12. Likes: Eli (6th August 2023),EstWRC (6th August 2023),Lead (7th August 2023),seb_sh (6th August 2023)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    My video from Rally Finland, bit depressing with so many retiring but pretty good event in the end anyway!
    https://youtu.be/8q9LNWyfzow
    Looking at this and the video from 2019, the Hyundai i20 Coupe seems a bit less tail happy than the i20 Hybrid Rally1, comparing them side by side.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Is it really so, that if you don't race for points, then no trophies for drivers?

I mean Solberg's post in Instagram, where they showered their own champagne and jumped into lake

Doesn't matter it's Solberg this time, let it be whoever, but if you are fastest in your class and win it, then it is a shame not being given a trophy for that..

Racing for pointa should only be for formalities, but if you race fair n square in certain class and win it, then it should also be awarded.
    No, there is no trophy for winning RC2 class and never was. There is a trophy for winning WRC2. Everything is fine here. Pajari is the winner, not Solberg.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

15. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (7th August 2023)