Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    They kept the shakedown?

Ppfffff
    At least now it represents the fast route better. There's hardly any small road sections anymore, and for example Myhinpää and Västilä will be very fast, as will be Lankamaa without small roads. Halttula probably similar speed as Laukaa.

Västilä and Myhinpää will have more or less artificial chicanes.

The national Vetomies event will now extend to Friday as well. A part of the crews will drive both Friday and Saturday, a part only Saturday stages, between the two WRC runs. More to see for spectators.

Also, if you are booking your trip, consider extending it to the weekend before for a test event in Tampere with possibly some WRC or WRC2 teams participating on some classic 1000 Lakes fast and wide stages

3. Likes: Rallyper (19th April 2023),satnav (19th April 2023)
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I’m already planning my trip to Rally Finland 2023. I have a dilemma: I’d love to attend to Myhinpää SS, but by doing so, it looks almost impossible to attend to 4 stages on friday. The easy choice would be to go to Laukaa and Halttula in the morning, and repeat in the afternoon. So my question is the following: Do you think the Myhinpää stage is worth that much, or it’s better to attend to more stages? I’ve seen some onboards from when it was run in reverse and looks like an amazing stage to spectate. Thanks!

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparerax7 View Post
    I’m already planning my trip to Rally Finland 2023. I have a dilemma: I’d love to attend to Myhinpää SS, but by doing so, it looks almost impossible to attend to 4 stages on friday. The easy choice would be to go to Laukaa and Halttula in the morning, and repeat in the afternoon. So my question is the following: Do you think the Myhinpää stage is worth that much, or it’s better to attend to more stages? I’ve seen some onboards from when it was run in reverse and looks like an amazing stage to spectate. Thanks!
    It's exactly like you mention. If you put weight on spectating on Myhinpää, that's it for the morning, at least, no other stages. It's been 13 years since Myhinpää was ran on Friday and eight years since it was ran at all, so it should get crowded there. Myhinpää is not the easiest stage to access when it's crowded. 2009 on Sunday it was over 5 km walk from the car. It can be easy too, you never know, but if you decide to go there, better to be one hour early and have the boring wait rather than walk few extra kilometers in a hurry.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

6. Likes: AnttiL (23rd May 2023),Rallyper (23rd May 2023),satnav (5th June 2023)
    It's difficult to give advice because people value different things: some want to see as many stages as possible, some want to take their time to get a good spectating place and watch all cars. But going for three stages on Friday would be a good compromise, with two stages on either loop and just one stage on other.

It's almost clever that they have put the more "boring" stages Laukaa and Halttula as those which you can use for two-stages-in-a-loop and then the more "popular" stages Lankamaa and Myhinpää in the middle of the loop. It should balance out traffic.

8. Likes: tommeke_B (28th May 2023)
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks!! I think I’m gonna go with the two stages per loop (Laukka and Halttula). I expect the new begginig of Laukka to be very fast and with some jumps. Halttula doesn’t look bad either for flatout spots!

Laukaa new begin has maybe two jumps on a straight but mostly it’s a technical stage.

Halttula is a bit boring, just straights and 90s, no jumps.

https://youtu.be/3HMggKII3ag

Västilä, a new stage on Saturday, first half is absolutely incredible, as Tommi would put it

12. Likes: Jewy46 (1st June 2023),Rallyper (29th May 2023)
    Liked 208 Times in 109 Posts

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    On the following video we can find the recce for the Laukaa stage (with its new beginning). Thanks Joonas for the video!!

https://youtu.be/wXwDlwjwD7o

15. Likes: Rallyper (6th June 2023),satnav (5th June 2023)