Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Today I´m leaving for Finland. Ferry from Stockholm tonight. Shall be nice meeting many friends. Especially Pantealex, whom I been watching stages together with for many years now.

Don´t forget Pickems and respect closing time, as I´m not sure to close thread in time, while being on the run in Jyväskylä somewhere...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: cali (1st August 2023),Corcaíoch (1st August 2023),EstWRC (1st August 2023),TWRC (1st August 2023)
    Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    D.Evans wants Suninen to charge for win and get at least a podium.

Is it only me who thinks it is totally unrealistic?
    Imo if he has stagetimes around podium and manages to beat at least one of the "good* drivers (Rovanpera/Evans/Lappi/Neuville/Tanak) on speed it would be very good result. If Friday was fully dry he could hope to beat at least two so that podium might not be impossible. But it doesn't look like it will be dry.

For comparison, in 2019 Breen was in similar situation. On dry rally he had good advantage on Friday which he used, but in the end only managed to beat Neuville on speed (before team orders). At that time it was considered great result.
    Are expectations for Suninen too hyped up because there is so little "unexpected" happening in Rally1?
    I agree, not surprising from Dirtfish though. Best of the rest (Katsuta, Loubet, Latvala) is the most realistic pace for Suninen in my opinion, based on Neuville having refound some pace on fast gravel. A steady approach of aiming for best of the rest and seeing where his pace improves to and seeing what plays out in front of him would be most sensible I think. A big charge setting fast times and ending in and off on Saturday does little for Hyundai or for his own future. Doesn't look like the weather is going to be in his favour either.
    Ironically if Suninen did beat any of Rovanpera, Lappi, Tanak, Evans or Neuville on pace Dirtfish would probably turn around in their rally review and criticise those drivers for being beaten by Suninen in his second start in the Hyundai.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi everyone! This is our first time visiting rally Finland. We come from Spain and it would be amazing to get some nice locations to see jumps in any of Friday’s stages. Any recommendation is welcome. Thanks!

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Hi Emilio! I’m from Spain too. If you want to see jumps on friday, you have to go to Myhinpää SS, it has plenty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Some interesting info and questions raised in the DF Rally Finland preview podcast. (Just skip the first 3 mins blather)

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2zT...urce=copy-link

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    For me it's hard to predict this rally. I can imagine any of Rovanpera, Tanak, Evans or Lappi winning in certain circumstances. Maybe my imagination is working overtime.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Tänak not optimistic and he has valid points actually

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/tanak...nland-chances/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: cali (2nd August 2023)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

Points there are valid and he said all that after rally estonia (at least to Estonian media).

From last year "miracle" there are some expectations now from everyone. He often downplays himself and the car, competition will be harder than last year but it's hard to see that he rises white flag before the rally starts.

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Some of the field parkings already closed now due to rain, so those going prepare for road side parking = long walks and longer queue times

12. Likes: cali (2nd August 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

He says he benefitted by doing a local rally before Estonia but didn't do the Hyacenter before Finland. A bit of a contradiction.

Rovanpera, Evans (& Loubet) did and also had the wet weather practice that will probably help on Rally Finland...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/tampe...nland-warm-up/