Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 30 Times in 13 Posts

About avoiding rallyfans at the stages

Honestly, i'm so fed up withbl this topic.
    Its annoying how WRC promoters and some organizers are playing with rally fans, specially this Montecarlo Rally.

https://www-laregion-es.translate.go..._x_tr_pto=wapp
    Andrés H.-Cachalvite "katxal" -- Spanish Photographer. www.andrescachalvite.es

2. Likes: BleAivano (19th January 2023)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    But specially this Montecarlo Rally at PS2 it was the other way round: fans playing with the rally supposedly created some nasty surprises for the cars ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cWUe1iJNQ

Liked 535 Times in 190 Posts
    And people wonder why spectators are limited or banned on some events…..
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    But specially this Montecarlo Rally at PS2 it was the other way round: fans playing with the rally supposedly created some nasty surprises for the cars ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cWUe1iJNQ
    Is there any actual information confirming that the ice patch was caused by spectators? I've seen lots of vague rumors and offhand twitter comments, but I feel like if there was any actual proof, testimony or footage of it happening, it would be a pretty big deal. Sabotaging the track to deliberately cause accidents seems like a thing people would be speaking up about and the organizers+police would be getting involved heavily.

Liked 535 Times in 190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    Is there any actual information confirming that the ice patch was caused by spectators? I've seen lots of vague rumors and offhand twitter comments, but I feel like if there was any actual proof, testimony or footage of it happening, it would be a pretty big deal. Sabotaging the track to deliberately cause accidents seems like a thing people would be speaking up about and the organizers+police would be getting involved heavily.
    It was obvious by the behaviour of the “fans” running right up to the cars and… not doing much really apart from taking photos. I don’t think there’s any coincidence at all that these people were there and a magic ice patch appeared which the crews had little knowledge of, and the rest of the stage was clear.

Unfortunately these idiots get a kick out of it and will do it again.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    https://twitter.com/paddocknews/stat...93560010543104

Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    It's not new on the Monte that spectators throw snow on the road. Breen even said when he was commentating that happens. But with snow the drivers can at least see it and adapt.

It was suspicious instantly, a corner where some ice magically appeared and a lot of spectators filming at exactly that place and nowhere else. Now of course it could be coincidence... but come on.

"this is why we can't have nice things".

9. Likes: J4MIE (21st January 2023)
    Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
    Ok, I can see some searious criminal charges here, but IMHO negative repercusions shouldn't be directed to all the fans. It is like kicking all the fans from Tour de France, because some idiot collided with the cyclist. Was there any disscussion about that after last year's accident?
    Rallies are less sport and more advertising tool with each passing year. Potential repetition of 1986 Portugal is what they are fear of. It would be disastrous for marketing, and marketing is what this former sport is about now.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    It was obvious by the behaviour of the “fans” running right up to the cars and… not doing much really apart from taking photos. I don’t think there’s any coincidence at all that these people were there and a magic ice patch appeared which the crews had little knowledge of, and the rest of the stage was clear.

Unfortunately these idiots get a kick out of it and will do it again.
    But was it not said on WRC+ that even Rovanperä had "ice" in his notes there?

12. Likes: Lead (22nd January 2023)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToKu View Post
    It would be disastrous for marketing, and marketing is what this former sport is about now.
    Rallying has never been a "pure sport". First it was the hobby of rich people and when the factories came in the 60's, it became marketing.

14. Likes: cali (21st January 2023),seb_sh (22nd January 2023)