Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2023 - Offseason Discussion

It will be interesting to see how teams managed the salary cap.

Williams shake up their team with Team Principal Capito and Technical Director leaving.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Silly season for team principals has went wild in the preseason.

Vasseur to Ferrari
    Seidl to Sauber/Alpha Romeo as CEO
    Stella takes over as principal at McLaren

Williams loses Capito

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Simone Resta going to Ferrari as Technical Director, leaving Haas workings at Maranello.

The Seidl move makes a lot of sense, it's sort of a head start on things since Vasseur was exiting.

As for Williams, I hope they have the budget and will to survive the mix ups. With their history in the sport it would be sad to see them go.

4. Likes: N. Jones (17th December 2022)
    I didn't see this one coming....

James Vowles is leaving his position at Merc to becomes the new Williams Team Principal.

I'm not really sure if he is the guy to turn it around, but only time will tell. As director of strategy at Merc, most of the time he was a fairly solid guy making the right decisions for the team.

The technical director role is yet to be announced, and that is one big seat to fill. I wonder if they have the budget to poach someone already well trusted in the sport.

Haas has already had a livery launch, though it leaves people scratching their head what platform it is on. It doesn't look like the spec car or last years car entirely, but surely they aren't showing the new car yet.

RB has had some teasers suggesting they might make a livery change to primarily white. I'm not sure if the implication is long term or not.

There have also been some keen eyes watching social media with team posts, and a few have given a couple hints at car changes by not blurring out all the appropriate background. BUT.... it's F1, and they could be sending up false flags intentionally as well.

7. Likes: Bagwan (3rd February 2023)