Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts

Mattia Binotto "resignation"

Well it's not like we didn't know the time would come. It will be interesting to see who fill the spot, but most likely someone who can deal with a short lived position.

I personally think Ferrari keep shooting themselves in the foot. Overall I though Binotto was good at the technical and engine side job that he was doing before. The track and operations side since he took over has been a clown show though, and he didn't seem willing to own the mistake rather than pass them off. Overall I thought Arrivabene did a better job, and they were short sided to release him so quickly. I think in the post Schumacher era they seem to have lost their way, thinking a new team principle would somehow bring back the dominance they had for a period. Instead they have wasted some talent in the RB and Merc domination years, yet they keep doing it again and again.

I tend to think this likely means Merc steps up to the number two spot next year, as Ferrari was a more than capable car this year and they still couldn't make it work.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Yeah , Shifter , it seems a bit of a shambles .

Todt's not available , nor Brawn , and , scary though it seems , desperation has had even Flav mentioned in the conversation , and all but he , I'm sure , are hoping it's just as the "type" of guy , not a real suggestion .

I don't want the job .

3. Likes: airshifter (6th December 2022)
    Well I'd take the job. I'd just accept up front that is may be a year or two max in duration, regardless of how well or poorly I did it. I'm assuming it pays enough to give me a little more boost to my retirement pool.

It is scary that they seem to be clueless as to who is going to fill the position, or at least they aren't telling us if they do know.

It seems in my view that the strategy and track operations were just shambles. Though I can respect that Binotto did seem to give things an honest chance, I think heads should have been rolling in some departments much earlier in the season. But then again, maybe those positions are already on such a high level that options are limited when it comes to improvement.

5. Likes: Bagwan (6th December 2022)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Fortitude has posted an article in that other thread that Berger is being spoken of as a replacement .

How's your CV compared to his ?

Gerhard apparently can't even drive the safety car fast enough to keep the field happy. I'd run circles around that hack!

I've seen his mention as well, and actually he might be a good candidate. I'm not really sure if he is "in the know" enough these days to have a full grasp on some of the technical matters, but he has enough background to be well suited to the job.

8. Likes: Bagwan (10th December 2022)