Well it's not like we didn't know the time would come. It will be interesting to see who fill the spot, but most likely someone who can deal with a short lived position.

I personally think Ferrari keep shooting themselves in the foot. Overall I though Binotto was good at the technical and engine side job that he was doing before. The track and operations side since he took over has been a clown show though, and he didn't seem willing to own the mistake rather than pass them off. Overall I thought Arrivabene did a better job, and they were short sided to release him so quickly. I think in the post Schumacher era they seem to have lost their way, thinking a new team principle would somehow bring back the dominance they had for a period. Instead they have wasted some talent in the RB and Merc domination years, yet they keep doing it again and again.

I tend to think this likely means Merc steps up to the number two spot next year, as Ferrari was a more than capable car this year and they still couldn't make it work.