Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Any news on what happened to the engine in Olivers car?
    Ended up just being a loose cable after a heavy compression! Would have been an easy fix in a service.

2. Likes: cali (22nd March 2023),Rallyper (22nd March 2023),Sulland (23rd March 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Personal opinion: if you win all you can win, then you can call yourself the winner. Everyone knows what he means, he's not fooling anyone so no harm done.

What did annoy me slightly was his comments throughout the rally saying how nice it was to be in control/be able to be so fast and afterwards, like when he got out the car and said 'easy' - plus the media saying how he 'dominated' the rally. If it wasn't for a phantom puncture for a rival on Friday it could have been quite a humbling rally for Gus, so to have such an arrogant air of superiority wasn't a good look in my eyes.

And I know my username suggests some bias, but compare Gus to Ogier, who kept saying how sorry he was for Lappi and that he knows it wasn't an easy win and he could have been pushed all the way by EP. And even to Lindholm who said he understands he only got P2 in WRC2 because of others' misfortune. It's just the done thing, and not to mention another driver (and teammate's) rapid pace all weekend seems a bit odd to me.
    I don't know about arrogance. It was probably just nice for him to get through a rally without making any mistakes, or having the car fall apart on him, or to be way off the pace.

In fact, more than nice, it was probably a bit of a strange situation for him to find himself in, and if he (with everything still to prove) didn't handle it as well as an eight-time world champion who's basically driving for fun... well, can you blame him?

He got lucky with the stage cancellations, sure. But while it COULD have been a humbling event for him - it was not. Quite the opposite.

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (23rd March 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    I don't know about arrogance. It was probably just nice for him to get through a rally without making any mistakes, or having the car fall apart on him, or to be way off the pace.

In fact, more than nice, it was probably a bit of a strange situation for him to find himself in, and if he (with everything still to prove) didn't handle it as well as an eight-time world champion who's basically driving for fun... well, can you blame him?

He got lucky with the stage cancellations, sure. But while it COULD have been a humbling event for him - it was not. Quite the opposite.
    Fair points.

Still think if I was Gus I would feel a bit humbled seeing as he is an experienced driver with many years of top level WRC experience and WRC2 events, yet was comprehensively beaten on pace by a kid that most people think isn't good enough for the WRC. Fair enough Gus had nothing to push for, but still think it would make me tone down the celebrations a bit.

6. Likes: Rallyper (22nd March 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    I do see what you mean. He didn't dominate as he might have wanted or been expected to, considering his experience. But at the same time, he drove a great rally, stayed out of trouble, and I think proved he's no mere pay driver without any discernible talent. What he did isn't an easy thing to do, and ultimately he didn't need to be faster than Solberg, once Solberg had lost the best part of two minutes.

8. Likes: AnttiL (22nd March 2023),Fast Eddie WRC (23rd March 2023),pettersolberg29 (22nd March 2023)
    Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Ended up just being a loose cable after a heavy compression! Would have been an easy fix in a service.
    Any source of this?

Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    Any source of this?
    Direct from the team.

11. Likes: cali (23rd March 2023)
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Sparkplug cable?

Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts

Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    Chris Evans @summit6

Yesterday I was privileged to attend the inaugural Rally Warrior Experience day with @ChrisIngramGB

Chris is raising funds to help him and @craigdrew75 complete the ‘23 WRC2 with @toksportwrt
    these guys are the real deal and need your help ...

Link ⬇️

https://gofundme.com/f/chris-ingram-wrc

https://twitter.com/i/status/1642459974566592512
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Loeb wins rally azores infront of Mikkelsen in a fabia rs rally2...........
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

16. Likes: cali (3rd April 2023),er88 (3rd April 2023),Jarek Z (3rd April 2023)