Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Chris Ingram update:

Dear Rally fans and my loyal supporters,

I wanted to share my plans for the rest of the season and clarify why I haven't been out competing recently. I received incredible support ahead of Rallye Monte Carlo from my supporters via my crowdfunding army and again finished the 1st full privateer driver in the rally.

However in Monte Carlo, It became evident that the older Skoda WRC2 car was no match for the latest version. Unfortunately, I couldn't secure a deal with Toksport to compete in Portugal and Sardinia using the new car. They already have seven cars running, and the cost per event was simply not feasible for my current limited budget.

I have taken a step back to focus on making solid foundations for my career by working on fundraising, promoting my driver training and launching the Rally Warrior Experience in the UK, France, and Belgium.

The plan for the rest of the season is to build back up to WRC.

I have decided to enter the Ypres Rally with Wevers Sport in the highly succesful VW Polo GTI R5. The event will be intergrated with a Rally Warrior Experience day beforehand where you can have the chance to ride with me flat out on some iconic rally stages. I will also offer one lucky supporter of my crowdfunding army a ride in the car, as I did at my Rally Experience in Wales back in April.

If everything goes well, my plan is to then participate in the European Rally Championship in either Rally di Roma or the Czech Barum Rally before returning to the WRC towards the end of the season for the brand new Rally Central Europe. I feel these events will provide me with a platform to prepare for a full attack and full season in the World Rally Championship in 2024 with manufacturer support.

Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting a legendary British racing driver, who has been incredibly generous and has facilitated some key introductions, including some at the F1 Monaco GP this weekend !

I hope to have some more positive news in the near future.

Thank you for your amazing support and I hope to see many of you in Belgium !

Chris
    For me, it is strange that if he has such difficulties, maybe he should try stepping back into the Stellantis Cup or JWRC. Many have done before him, and it could work out for him too.

Liked 9,338 Times in 4,958 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Mikkelsen admits that he doesn’t have the budget to do full WRC2 championship:
    https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2023/wrc...-a-crossroads/
    Further proof if any was needed of how hard it is to raise the budget to drive a competitive Rally2 car in WRC2.

Liked 2,115 Times in 914 Posts
    It's not like the new skoda is the only car to drive and others are total crap..
    All other cars have also shown good performance this season.

Liked 287 Times in 106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    It's not like the new skoda is the only car to drive and others are total crap..
    All other cars have also shown good performance this season.
    I think all the hype behind Skoda's new car is behind excelent marketing and getting top drivers behind their new cars.
    If you rent out 6-7 cars each rally 1-2 out of all ought to be on the podium, and i think this draws the image of the car being "superior" even tho all the other cars are capable also

5. Likes: Corcaíoch (25th May 2023),EstWRC (25th May 2023),J4MIE (25th May 2023),lancia037 (25th May 2023),PLuto (25th May 2023),Rallyper (25th May 2023),seb_sh (25th May 2023)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    If Toyota want some top drivers in theire new Rally2 car, have they drivers "in-house" or are they looking for some new ones?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 400 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    If Toyota want some top drivers in theire new Rally2 car, have they drivers "in-house" or are they looking for some new ones?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Well I'd like to see the team principal in it for the WRC debut or better still Katsuta in the Rally2 and Latvala as a one of substitute.

Wishful thinking of course.
    Last edited by becher; 25th May 2023 at 17:56.

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts

9. Likes: Eli (25th May 2023),Jarek Z (25th May 2023),RS (25th May 2023)
    Liked 165 Times in 100 Posts
    Prokop's livery is sooo sick!

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Good livery indeed!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 9,338 Times in 4,958 Posts
    How the other half live. Like Solberg, Greensmith can afford to do non-scoriing rounds...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/why-g...s-in-sardinia/