Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Looks like Ingram retained CarFinance24/7 but they have downgraded their spending. Shame, i liked the orange car!
    The sponsorship reduction means Chris has had to start crowd-funding...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/chris-ing...f74852276f542d

I have worked tirelessly to raise further funding to let me compete throughout 2023. However, due to the current economic climate in the UK, it has been extremely difficult to find new brand partners and one of my main partners has had to drop out, despite the progress made in 2022 and World Rally Championship glory being within touching distance.

I now feel I have exhausted every option so have decided to launch this new campaign ahead of Rallye Monte Carlo. I am calling on you to join the Rally Warrior army and support my team on this mission. Every penny of your support will be used towards WRC competition. This campaign will run throughout the WRC 2023 season.

If you can help, I’d be so grateful and honoured to bring you along for the ride!

Thank you

Chris Ingram
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    With Toksport it might be that they won't have tons of cars, just that they will go with 4-5 to more rallies. With the 7 rally champ limits there were quite a few rallies last year where they had few or no cars.

Also while Fabia seems to be the best allround car you still need a driver, when you have one even a "worse" car can win. See Janer now with Fourmaux or say Croatia last year.

But for Skoda motorsport the main goal is to sell cars, which they succeed with.
    Sadly in 2016-2017 it seemed the success would lead to top tier entry, but that got called off. Now I am not quite sure whether the overall effect is positive for WRC, since it takes money from MSport or Hyundai. But C3 Rally2 success would do the same.
    Last edited by mknight; 7th January 2023 at 21:47.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    But for Skoda motorsport the main goal is to sell cars, which they succeed with.
    Sadly in 2016-2017 it seemed the success would lead to top tier entry, but that got called off. Now I am not quite sure whether the overall effect is positive for WRC, since it takes money from MSport or Hyundai. But C3 Rally2 success would do the same.
    I won’t shed any tears for them, it should just drive them to make their own products better.

It seems now that Skoda give partial support to many drivers instead of full support to one (Mikkelsen) and I think that has to be a good thing for WRC. It’s just a shame there are limited options for those drivers to progress further at the moment.

BTW, it’s quite surprising Solberg is not in one of the two main Toksport teams, but I suppose the deals were already done with the others when he signed up.

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    I won’t shed any tears for them, it should just drive them to make their own products better.
    The difference with Skoda is that they only make a Rally2 car and can give it 100% priority. Whereas others have a whole range of different rally cars to build and perfect (like M-Sport).

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    The sponsorship reduction means Chris has had to start crowd-funding...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/chris-ing...f74852276f542d

I have worked tirelessly to raise further funding to let me compete throughout 2023. However, due to the current economic climate in the UK, it has been extremely difficult to find new brand partners and one of my main partners has had to drop out, despite the progress made in 2022 and World Rally Championship glory being within touching distance.

I now feel I have exhausted every option so have decided to launch this new campaign ahead of Rallye Monte Carlo. I am calling on you to join the Rally Warrior army and support my team on this mission. Every penny of your support will be used towards WRC competition. This campaign will run throughout the WRC 2023 season.

If you can help, I’d be so grateful and honoured to bring you along for the ride!

Thank you

Chris Ingram
    Sadly it’s probably a problem for Ingram that sponsors, particularly ones who only operate in the UK, don’t get very good exposure from WRC2. Hopefully with maybe sparser WRC1 entries this year the promoter might up their game.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (8th January 2023),TWRC (9th January 2023)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    BTW, it’s quite surprising Solberg is not in one of the two main Toksport teams, but I suppose the deals were already done with the others when he signed up.
    Maybe Oliver could take Ingram onboard Toksport 3, and introduce him to the Monster gang, so he gets a full season for once!?

Liked 3,296 Times in 1,735 Posts
    Toksport enters two teams in WRC2 2023:

Team #1:
    Emil Lindholm
    Sami Pajari

Team #2:
    N. Gryazin
    Marquito Bulacia

source:
    https://twitter.com/toksportwrt/stat...C88ZW3_90sAAAA
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts
    So, in which Tok Sport team is Greensmith then?
    MS-RT

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Managarium View Post
    Separate "team" with his family company as a title sponsor?

Liked 658 Times in 317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Managarium View Post
    Probably not running as a team.

Just going for Drivers / Co-driver's championships