Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 86 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Oh, surprising and disappointing. If Mikkelsen is not with Skoda anymore i suppose Lindholm will be the main man then.

I don't think Skoda are being entirely truthful when they say it is all up to Toksport though.
    How is that surprising?
    Meeke has been testing with Skoda since summer of 2020 and since then he made two competitive starts in Qatar and both of them via private teams. One development test that for a single day happened to be in snowy conditions, almost two months before Rally Monte Carlo and plenty of forum folks somehow managed to convince themselves that Meeke will be starting there.

2. Likes: becher (2nd December 2022),pantealex (2nd December 2022)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Lindholm has never done Monte in his career. He was on mixed Monza 2020 with mediocre result.

Pajari has done it once...in Rally3 and has very few Rally2 starts.

Bulacia has had a nightmare season and he is mediocre on tarmac and previously at Monte.

Surely for a WRC debut Skoda needs someone better. Which is why they say they will have 4 cars and that they will announce later. Likely negotiations ongoing.
    Edit: Negotiations with multiple different drivers. Not sure Meeke is among them.
    Last edited by mknight; 2nd December 2022 at 18:23.

4. Likes: J4MIE (2nd December 2022),Sulland (2nd December 2022)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walach View Post
    How is that surprising?
    Meeke has been testing with Skoda since summer of 2020 and since then he made two competitive starts in Qatar and both of them via private teams. One development test that for a single day happened to be in snowy conditions, almost two months before Rally Monte Carlo and plenty of forum folks somehow managed to convince themselves that Meeke will be starting there.
    It's quite unusual for a driver to do a test for a specific rally and then not drive on that rally.

If they wanted Meeke to drive I can't see it would be a huge problem. He has probably driven more miles in the last year than most drivers in the WRC and knows that car better than anyone else

Bulacia in the car today: https://youtu.be/c9WaPU5LI2c

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Lindholm has never done Monte in his career. He was on mixed Monza 2020 with mediocre result.

Pajari has done it once...in Rally3 and has very few Rally2 starts.

Bulacia has had a nightmare season and he is mediocre on tarmac and previously at Monte.

Surely for a WRC debut Skoda needs someone better. Which is why they say they will have 4 cars and that they will announce later. Likely negotiations ongoing.
    Edit: Negotiations with multiple different drivers. Not sure Meeke is among them.
    4th probably Gryazin?

I think Lindholm is a much more complete driver than he was 2 years ago but i agree with you it would be good to have a more experienced hand at the wheel for the car's WRC debut.

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    4th probably Gryazin?

I think Lindholm is a much more complete driver than he was 2 years ago but i agree with you it would be good to have a more experienced hand at the wheel for the car's WRC debut.
    Gryazin could drive one of them but imo Skoda will 100% not want him to be their best card coming to Monte. For reasons outside rallying.

Lindholm is a better driver now, but lets not forget that this year he was first in the finish of a single gravel rally and even there he wasn't fastest. Sure supporting him for the season is a good idea but to have him as strongest (and only) card for WRC debut of the car at Monte seems less clever.

Comparing with entry list from last year Camilli, Lefevbre, Rossel (all Citroen) and possibly Cais are all likely to be faster than Lindholm. At least two of them will probably show up.
    Last edited by mknight; 2nd December 2022 at 19:07.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    ita media confirming gryazin as 4th toksport

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Toksport: Solberg, Gryazin, Bulacia, Lindholm, Pajari and Miele with new spec, Ingram with old spec.

Cais probably again WRC2 with new Fabia runned by Orsak.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk
    Last edited by mousti; 3rd December 2022 at 18:19.

10. Likes: cali (3rd December 2022)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    Toksport: Solberg, Gryazin, Bulacia, Lindholm, Pajari and Miele with new spec, Ingram with old spec.
    Solberg ? Unless he's going with them for the full season I dont see them picking him to win the Monte for Skoda in the new Fabia RS ahead of Mikkelsen or Meeke.

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Solberg ? Unless he's going with them for the full season I dont see them picking him to win the Monte for Skoda in the new Fabia RS ahead of Mikkelsen or Meeke.
    Mikkelsen is done with Skoda and Meeke won't do MC maybe will start somewhere else later in the season.

13. Likes: cali (3rd December 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post

Cais probably again WRC2 with new Fabia runned by Orsak.

Solberg just did an interview saying it's either Puma or WRC2 in own Polo.

So do you have some sources or just speculation?