Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    It should´ve been fines with money. Not time penalty.
    And when creating rules they should be only dealing with dangerous habits.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Chris Ingram update:

Dear Rally fans and my loyal supporters,

I wanted to share my plans for the rest of the season and clarify why I haven't been out competing recently. I received incredible support ahead of Rallye Monte Carlo from my supporters via my crowdfunding army and again finished the 1st full privateer driver in the rally.

However in Monte Carlo, It became evident that the older Skoda WRC2 car was no match for the latest version. Unfortunately, I couldn't secure a deal with Toksport to compete in Portugal and Sardinia using the new car. They already have seven cars running, and the cost per event was simply not feasible for my current limited budget.

I have taken a step back to focus on making solid foundations for my career by working on fundraising, promoting my driver training and launching the Rally Warrior Experience in the UK, France, and Belgium.

The plan for the rest of the season is to build back up to WRC.

I have decided to enter the Ypres Rally with Wevers Sport in the highly succesful VW Polo GTI R5. The event will be intergrated with a Rally Warrior Experience day beforehand where you can have the chance to ride with me flat out on some iconic rally stages. I will also offer one lucky supporter of my crowdfunding army a ride in the car, as I did at my Rally Experience in Wales back in April.

If everything goes well, my plan is to then participate in the European Rally Championship in either Rally di Roma or the Czech Barum Rally before returning to the WRC towards the end of the season for the brand new Rally Central Europe. I feel these events will provide me with a platform to prepare for a full attack and full season in the World Rally Championship in 2024 with manufacturer support.

Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting a legendary British racing driver, who has been incredibly generous and has facilitated some key introductions, including some at the F1 Monaco GP this weekend !

I hope to have some more positive news in the near future.

Thank you for your amazing support and I hope to see many of you in Belgium !

Chris

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    The crowd funding promised the supporters' names on the side of the car on WRC events from Croatia onwards. Do they get refunds now?

4. Likes: J4MIE (23rd May 2023)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Geez that guy is full of rubbish.

6. Likes: EstWRC (23rd May 2023)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I feel these events will provide me with a platform to prepare for a full attack and full season in the World Rally Championship in 2024 with manufacturer support.
    How can he even be serious?

8. Likes: EstWRC (23rd May 2023),seb_sh (23rd May 2023),steve.mandzij (23rd May 2023),TWRC (24th May 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    How can he even be serious?
    There are many conversations going on and there could be 2024 seats available in Rally2 cars supported by M-Sport, Hyundai, Toksport and even Toyota will have their new Yaris.

10. Likes: RS (24th May 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The crowd funding promised the supporters' names on the side of the car on WRC events from Croatia onwards. Do they get refunds now?
    No fans ever gave money for that reason. It was his way of thanking them, as he's done a few times before.

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    There are many conversations going on and there could be 2024 seats available in Rally2 cars supported by M-Sport, Hyundai, Toksport and even Toyota will have their new Yaris.
    Maybe maybe maybe.

Why would any of those teams / manufacturers choose him, over any one of about a dozen other guys (who are just as fast or even faster), who have done more than 1 WRC rally in 2023 and can actually commit to a program?

I don't want to sound harsh, I admire the guy for what he's done on a smaller than average budget, but the sport doesn't stand still. If he doesn't absolutely dominate Ypres he's going to look pretty stupid with this decision.

13. Likes: AnttiL (24th May 2023),EstWRC (23rd May 2023),J4MIE (23rd May 2023),Paul Hudson (24th May 2023),TWRC (24th May 2023)
    Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc2-...grades-rossel/

The game changer is the Rear diff for gravel

15. Likes: TWRC (24th May 2023)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Mikkelsen admits that he doesn’t have the budget to do full WRC2 championship:
    https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2023/wrc...-a-crossroads/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!