Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Marko claims Mercedes F1 atmosphere ‘tense’ after Vowles exit.
    Red Bull’s Dr Helmut Marko claims that there is unease within the Mercedes Formula 1 team following the exit of James Vowles.
    25th January 2023, 11:47
    by Fergal Walsh
    Motorsport Week

When asked if he was worried that Vowles could shape Williams into a B-team for Mercedes, Marko said: “No, I have completely different information. Vowles went of his own accord and – so it is said – even takes good engineers with him. My sources tell me that’s why the mood at Mercedes is so tense.”

However, while Marko was cautious over whether Vowles’ exit could hurt Mercedes form next year, the Austrian states that he expects the Brackley-based outfit to be Red Bull’s biggest competitor this year.

“We’ll see,” he said. “However, I still believe that Mercedes will be our biggest challenger when it comes to defending our title.”

‘Mercedes F1 atmosphere tense’;

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/...r-vowles-exit/

How Williams Hired Away Mercedes’s Strategy Director, James Vowles
    January 17, 2023 6:49 PM
    By Madeline Coleman Sports Illustrated
    News & Observer, North Carolina

Throughout his 21-year F1 career, he’s been part of more than 120 race victories and played key roles in winning nine constructors’ championships. Williams Racing’s announcement of hiring James Vowles as the Formula One team’s new team principal shocked many, but it wasn’t because he’s not a qualified candidate.

He’s overseen more than 120 race victories and played a key role in nine constructors’ titles. And for the last 13 years, he’s been with Mercedes in key engineering and strategy roles, working his way to being the motorsport strategy director. Now, Vowles replaces Jost Capito, who stepped down as Williams’s CEO and team boss in December. Vowles told select media that the conversations between the Grove outfit and himself began “over the last month or so,” adding that it wasn’t a complete “cold call” given the relationships within F1.

“From my perspective, the conversation just started picking up initially because it’s an incredible opportunity and I feel like I can add to it,” he said, per formula1.com. “And really from both sides, both Williams and myself, we concluded that the fit is very, very good after a number of meetings with the board. We actually found a way of working, a way of thinking, a way of approaching things, culture, people, systems, was incredibly aligned.”

‘How Williams Hired James Vowles’;

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...mainstage_card

Vowles taking engineers from Mercedes
    JANUARY 25, 2023
    Motorsport Week

"Vowles went of his own accord and, so it is said, is even taking good engineers with him. My sources tell me that's why the mood at Mercedes is so tense," the Austrian added.

‘Taking engineers’;

https://www.grandprix.com/news/vowle...-mercedes.html

ANALYSIS: Why Williams made Mercedes’ James Vowles their new Team Principal
    16 January 2023
    Lawrence Barretto
    F1 Correspondent & Presenter
    Formula One - Official Site

Williams are F1’s second most successful team in terms of constructors’ championships won, but have struggled to replicate that form and compete at the front since the turn of the century. They have finished last three times in the last four years.

Owners Dorilton Capital decided late last year that things needed to change, and thus parted ways with Capito – while removing FX Demaison from his role as Technical Director. At the time, they didn’t have a replacement ready to go, with sources suggesting there were more than 10 under consideration.

Vowles was high on their list – and Dorilton moved swiftly, getting the deal over the line in a month or so. Vowles says he told Mercedes boss Toto Wolff of the offer “a few weeks ago, into the New Year” and said the Austrian, as he expected, was “incredibly good” about the news.

‘New Team Principal’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...LDEEzejN5.html

‘Like a divorce’: James Vowles opens up on Mercedes exit as he denies claim

James Vowles will join Williams as their team principal at the start of next month.
    16 January 2023
    by Jack Devonport
    Formula1News

While a move from being a strategy director to a team principal may seem as a massive leap, Vowles has explained that he has been working towards this role for a while and that he feels more than ready for his Mercedes ‘divorce’.

“Fortunately, I’m not seeing it… it is a leap, it is a jump, but I don’t think it’s a massive leap,” he claimed. “I think this journey towards team principal has been one that has been in my head for many years, and Toto and Mercedes have been incredibly kind in order to provide me a pathway to get there.”

“However, it’s the same if I asked any of you to change what you’re doing and move onto a different organisation, even perhaps if you’re doing the same job. The best analogy I can use so far is almost like a divorce. It’s hard. That’s a lot of people that are incredibly close to me, that I’ve grown up with.”

‘A Divorce’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/like-a-di...-denies-claim/

TEAM GUIDE: Aston Martin's complex F1 roots – and how they're aiming to fulfil lofty title ambitions.
    Welcome to the beginner’s guide to Aston Martin – the British marque aiming for World Championship success, with ex-Red Bull expertise and a two-time champion at the wheel…
    26 January 2023
    Samarth Kanal
    Staff Writer

Fernando Alonso #14: 2 World Championships, 32 wins, 98 podiums, 22 pole positions, 2061 points, 355 starts
    Lance Stroll #18: 3 podiums, 1 pole position, 194 points, 122 starts

Double world champion Fernando Alonso joins Aston Martin for this year after spending two seasons with Alpine, the team formerly known as Renault and with whom Alonso won his two titles in 2005 and 2006. The Spaniard spent 2019 and '20 pursuing other motorsports before deciding on a return to F1.

The oldest driver on the grid joins 24-year-old Canadian Lance Stroll, who is about to begin his fourth full season with the team. Lance made his F1 debut with Williams back in 2017 and joined Racing Point in 2019 after Force India were purchased by a consortium led by his father.

‘Aiming to fulfil lofty title ambitions’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...cD54VT4xR.html

Krack: Aston 'credible and acting' in F1 while rivals 'talk'.
    Aston Martin team boss Mike Krack says his team walks the walk in Formula 1, while its mid-field rivals just "talk".
    26/01/2023 at 14:54
    Michael Delaney
    F1i.com

Krack insists Aston's actions are well aligned with its ambitions and rhetoric. "The green team stands out because we are expanding, we are very serious about our ambitions", he told Spain's AS.”

"It’s not just words, we are building a new headquarters, a new wind tunnel, we have hired a lot of very good people. It’s a matter of making everything work together, but the potential of our project is absolutely real.”

"There are teams that say yes, that in three years they will be winning, that in a hundred races they will be winning, but what are they doing to win?" Krack's remarks appeared to be directed at McLaren and Alpine, two teams that comprehensively outpaced Aston last season.

‘Aston Martin team walks the walk in Formula 1’;

https://f1i.com/news/464675-krack-as...vals-talk.html

Aston Martin takes aim at rival midfield teams for lack of ambition
    26/01/2023, 10:41
    by Taylor Powling
    Motorsport Week

Aston Martin Team Principal Mike Krack has criticised the Formula 1 competition for what he’s perceived as continued talk without the necessary action when it comes to making gains towards the front of the grid. Alonso surprised many when he opted to trade Alpine for Aston Martin over the winter.

However, Krack states the British marque’s newest recruit held absolutely no reservations about investing in the project being assembled at his new home. “That’s why Fernando was clear about it so quickly, in fact we didn’t even have to convince him, he already knew it. He has his contacts everywhere,” said Krack. “We are credible, we are not only talking, we are acting.”

While Sebastian Vettel became the next high-profile name to exit F1 at the end of last year, Alonso is still going strong at the age of 41 and Krack believes the Spanish driver can remain behind the wheel by the point in which the team hopes to be on an equal pedestal with the sport’s elite.

“He has his contacts everywhere”;

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/...k-of-ambition/

New Alonso-influenced Aston Martin is ‘95% different’ says deputy tech chief, as he promises ‘clever innovations’ to AMR23
    23 January 2023

Aston Martin have two-time champion Fernando Alonso at the wheel and a brand new challenger set to be unveiled very soon – and the team's deputy technical chief Eric Blandin has hinted that the AMR23 will be a massive departure from last year's car.

"We took all our learnings from last year's car and applied them to this year's car. So much of the AMR23 is new, it's completely different from the AMR22. We've changed more than 90 per cent of the parts and more than 95 per cent of the aerodynamic surfaces are different," said Blandin in an interview on Aston Martin's website.

"We've implemented a few clever innovations on the new car – they're the icing on the cake. They're a nice-to-have, but not a must-have. It's great when you find a small loophole and can use it to your advantage, but it's not often you can base an entire car around it. Instead, it's essential to get the basics right, and then you can add things."

‘95% different’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...hKW41Hj5V.html

No grand targets despite signing Alonso says Krack
    JANUARY 26, 2023
    GrandPrix.com

Wins and the Formula 1 title are not yet on Aston Martin's radar for 2023. That is the insistence of boss Mike Krack, even though the Silverstone based team is now heralded as one of the most aggressively-developing and ambitious midfield teams on the grid.

"You say that he does not have many years of F1 left but I am not sure he agrees with that," Krack told the Spanish publication. "If you have someone with this level of motivation, as we have seen with Valentino Rossi, and it's combined with the motivation, dedication and the physical and mental preparation and his talent and experience, I don't think it means time is running out."

The risk, of course, is that Alonso will put too much pressure on Aston Martin. "I've only heard good things about him," Krack laughed. "You hear stories of course but I like to live my own experience and until now I have only had good relations. I don't expect any problems with Fernando as long as we give him a fast car and we are transparent."

‘No grand targets’;

https://www.grandprix.com/news/no-gr...ays-krack.html

VASSEUR REVEALS DECISION BEHIND FERRARI F1 STRATEGY TEAM NOT BEING REPLACED.
    The Maranello team lost out on several points due to strategy errors during the 2022 Formula 1 season.
    27th Jan 2023, 15:05
    Nathan Hartley
    FormulaNerds

Like Binotto, Vasseur believes that the strategy department wasn’t entirely to blame. Instead the Frenchman believes that there are deeper issues within the team, affecting their potential performance. However, Vasseur still admits that the strategy needs to be improved, hence why discussions are being made within the team. The 54-year-old thinks that Ferrari’s solution involves more than just personnel at the strategy front.

Whilst speaking to Motorsport.com, Vasseur explains what changes he planned to make at the Maranello outfit before the season started. “When you are speaking about strategy or aerodynamics or another topic, you have to avoid being just focused on the top of the pyramid.”

“Very often, when you are speaking about strategy, it’s much more a matter of organisation than just the guy who is on the pitwall. I’m trying to understand exactly what’s happened on every single mistake and what’s happened last year. And to try to know if it’s a matter of decision, if it’s a matter of organisation, or of communication?”

‘Wasn’t entirely to blame’;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/va.../?nowprocket=1

Vasseur 'really convinced' Ferrari has everything to win F1 title
    27/01/2023 at 09:34
    Phillip van Osten
    F1i.com

New Ferrari team boss Frédéric Vasseurs says the Italian outfit has "everything it needs" to win the F1 title but it has to put "everything together" to do the job. "I'm really convinced that Ferrari today, and, for sure, my experience is limited to the last two weeks, but we have everything to win," Vasseur said on Thursday in his first meeting with the media.

"We have to put everything together to do a good job, but we have everything to be able to win. You can have a look on the results of the last decades that the wheel is always running, and it's just a matter of continuous improvement for me.”

"If we are doing a better job than the others in a couple of months or years, then we will be able to win. Nothing is set in stone. If you have a look at some teams that were in a very dominant situation a couple of years ago, they are nowhere today.”

'Really convinced';

https://f1i.com/news/464701-vasseur-...-f1-title.html

Ferrari 'wakes up' for the new season at Fiorano
    25/01/2023 at 17:07
    Andrew Lewin
    F1i.com

The Ferrari team has been holding its traditional three day 'wake up test' to launch the new racing year, with outings for Carlos Sainz, Antonio Giovinazzi and Robert Shwartzman at the team's test track in Fiorano.

Teams aren't allowed to use newer specification cars in private tests, other than very limited running on 'filming days' intended to produce sponsorship and marketing footage.

The private 'wake up test' has become something of a tradition for Ferrari, and has proved useful for drivers, mechanics and engineers alike to get back into the swing of things.

'Wakes up'

https://f1i.com/news/464621-ferrari-...t-fiorano.html

F1: Frederic Vasseur addresses suggestions of Ferrari favouring one driver over the other
    Published: 27 Jan 2023, 10:30
    By George Dagless
    Give Me Sport

Frederic Vasseur has said that it has been made ‘crystal clear’ to both Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz that Ferrari will not have a number 1 driver, at least to start with this coming F1 season.

The Prancing Horse burst out of the starting gates in 2022 with two wins from the opening three Grands Prix but, soon after, it began to stumble with reliability issues, strategy errors and mistakes creeping in.

Indeed, as they faltered, Red Bull grew stronger and stronger and, before too long, the championship was a foregone conclusion.

‘Crystal clear’ no number 1’;

https://www.givemesport.com/88109505...over-the-other

Vasseur reveals talks with Binotto and Todt in preparation for Ferrari start
    2023 F1 season
    Posted on 27th January 2023, 14:50
    Written by Keith Collantine and Claire Cottingham
    RaceFans

New Ferrari team principal Frederic Vasseur revealed he has spoken to two notable predecessors in preparation for taking over the role. He has already met with Mattia Binotto, who has been replaced by Vasseur after four years in charge of the Scuderia. Vasseur was approached to take over his position shortly after last year’s season finale.

“The process was crystal clear,” Vasseur told selected media including RaceFans. “Even if we had some rumours in the press before Abu Dhabi or during Abu Dhabi, we didn’t discuss before. We had the first discussion the week after Abu Dhabi and it was very, very quick as a process.”

“Then I had a call with Mattia and I even met Mattia during the handover and we had a one-to-one discussion and I [will] thank Mattia for this because I appreciated the move from Mattia. They had to wait for me to discuss together, it was really appreciated from my side.”

‘Vasseur reveals talks’;

https://www.racefans.net/2023/01/27/...ferrari-start/

‘Joke’ 30bhp Ferrari gain claims highlight a sensitive F1 issue
    27th Jan 2023, 07:06
    By Mark Hughes
    The Race

New Ferrari Formula 1 boss Frederic Vasseur insists that rumours of a 30bhp performance boost from the 2023 power unit are ‘a joke’ and that all power unit development during the off-season has been concentrated on fixing the reliability issue which blighted the team’s 2022 season.

This distinction between reliability and performance upgrades has always been set to be a particular bone of contention, from the time of the specification freeze last year. Vasseur says that the early indications from dyno testing suggest the reliability problem has been brought under control.

“So far it looks OK,” he says, “but the reality of the track is a different aspect. A couple of issues the teams – not just Ferrari – were seeing was coming from track issues, bouncing vibration and we’ll have a much better picture in testing in Bahrain.”

‘ ‘Joke’ 30bhp Ferrari gain’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/joke-...tive-f1-issue/

F1’s new qualifying rule change could backfire after 2016 update went badly wrong.
    F1 is set to introduce a series of changes next season.
    07:01, Sat, Jan 28, 2023
    By Luke Chillingsworth
    Daily and Sunday Express

F1 will trial a new qualifying format for 2023 in the first change since the disastrous 2016 update. The new rule will see teams forced to run on certain tyre compounds during each segment of qualifying at two events next season.
    It means competitors will be forced to use the hard tyre in Q1, medium tyre in Q2 and soft tyre in Q3. The system moves away from the current rule where drivers can make the decision themselves over which compound to use.

The update is a bid to improve F1’s sustainability with the number of tyre compounds reduced from 13 to 11 per driver at the select races. Lawmakers believe drivers will use a wide variety of tyres, including the hard which is rarely used due to its low performance.

An FIA statement read: “This will be done to evaluate the impact of the reduction in tyre allocation on track-running, with the overall intention to move to more sustainable use of tyres in the future." Pirelli boss Mario Isola also backs the new plan, suggesting teams would “save a lot of tyres” under the proposals.

‘Qualifying rule change could backfire’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ia-news-latest

F1: FIA chief gives update on potential new arrivals on grid

Published: 27 Jan 2023, 10:49
    By George Dagless
    Give Me Sport

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has said that only Andretti have made their intentions known ‘directly’ about potentially joining the F1 grid. Ben Sulayem called for expressions of interest from parties to potentially join the F1 grid in the future, and Andretti were quick to respond.

They’ve been vocal about their intentions to try and join the sport for some time, though the feeling from a number of the teams and F1 towards their plans has felt lukewarm at best.

Indeed, the FIA’s standpoint has been considerably more positive, with president Mohammed Ben Sulayem making no secret over his hopes that Andretti can be successful and join, with them teaming up with General Motors to potentially form an Andretti Cadillac outfit.

‘Only Andretti’;

https://www.givemesport.com/88109507...rivals-on-grid

FIA accused of "targeting" Lewis Hamilton and slammed by House of Lords peer.
    More strong opposition to the FIA's new protest ban has emerged, this time from Lord Scriven who asserts that the F1 governing body's move will "shield host countries from scrutiny".
    19:06, 27 Jan 2023
    By Daniel Moxon F1 Writer

The FIA has been accused by a House of Lords peer of "targeting" Lewis Hamilton with its "suppression of Formula 1 drivers' voices". Motorsport's governing body has controversially changed the regulations so any driver who wants to protest or make a political statement on a race weekend will need to seek advance permission. Hamilton is one of those who has most often used his platform to highlight social injustice.

The FIA says the move was made to bring its policies in line with other major sporting organisations like FIFA and the IOC. But its critics have slammed the move and say it supresses the right the drivers have to protest. Scriven wrote: "It is very clear to me that this policy targets Sir Lewis Hamilton, your most outspoken driver, whose comments on countries with abysmal rights records, particularly Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, would have undoubtedly not been well received by these corrupt and abusive regimes.

He also went on to accuse president Mohammed ben Sulayem of being "discourteous and unprofessional" for ignoring a joint-letter he co-signed a year ago. Scriven questioned by the FIA chief had not responded to their concerns over the human rights implications of racing in Gulf countries.

The Mirror

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...t-ban-29070868

FIA only rented out F1 rights says president
    JANUARY 26, 2023, 09:32
    GrandPrix.com

This week, F1's American owner Liberty Media lashed back at Ben Sulayem after he said the FIA is "cautious" about reports that Saudi Arabia is interested in buying the sport for $20 billion. Formula 1's legal department slammed the FIA chief's comments as "unacceptable", insisting Liberty Media has the "exclusive right" to "exploit the commercial rights".

F1 concluded by threatening potential legal action against the FIA, indicating that the new-in-2022 president of the Paris-based federation has kicked off a period of potential internal conflict. Dubai-born Ben Sulayem, however, appears reluctant to back down for now.

"The championship is ours," he is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport as saying at the Monte Carlo rally. "We have only rented it out." Indeed, just over 20 years ago, a 100-year lease deal was agreed between the FIA and former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone for what the German magazine described as a "ridiculously low" $300 million.

‘100-year lease deal’;

https://www.grandprix.com/news/fia-o...president.html

FIA could use ‘Don King Clause’ in escalating row with F1
    26 Jan 2023
    Lewis Larkam
    Crash.Net

The FIA could reportedly use a ‘Don King Clause’ to block a potential future sale of F1 amid an escalating row between the two parties.

It is understood the clause was inserted into the 100-year lease deal - bought two decades ago for $360m by former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone - by ex-FIA president Max Mosley and hands the FIA veto power over any sale.

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem appeared to reference the clause, named after the controversial boxing promoter, during his recent appearance at the Monte-Carlo Rally.

‘Don King Clause’;

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/101949...alating-row-f1

Haas 2023 F1 car launch. Haas – launch date: January 31. The launch date for Haas's 2023 VF-23 car and livery, plus all the driver line-up and key personnel.
    January 26th 2023
    Author Motor Sport
    Motor Sport Magazine

The team has looked to address the above areas for the upcoming season. The reliability bugs associated with any new generation of cars will have been ironed out to some extent, whilst it’s strongly rumoured the Ferrari power unit’s issues have been addressed, meaning it can be turned up to full song once again, potentially making it the most powerful in the pitlane.

In signing Nico Hülkenberg, the team will hope solid points finishes can move further up the constructors’ standings once more. Consistency, not pace, was what it lacked in 2022.

‘Haas 2023 VF-23’;

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...3&nowprocket=1

Haas banks on experienced line-up as it seeks another step forward in 2023
    2023 F1 preview: Haas
    Posted on
    30th January 2023, 12:58
    Written by Will Wood
    RaceFans

Tomorrow Haas will become the first to step into the spotlight to reveal their new livery for 2023 – though not an actual VF-23 chassis. It’s fitting they should raise the curtain, as arguably no F1 team has been transformed in the sport’s new ground effect era as much as they have.

Haas are determined not to suffer the same fate in 2023 and are willing to take unpopular decisions to strengthen their driver line-up. The young and unpolished Schumacher has been jettisoned from the team to the ire of many of his many admirers. In his place, none other than Nico Hulkenberg earns another opportunity in Formula 1 at the fifth different team of his career.

In many ways, Hulkenberg is the opposite of Schumacher; an experienced veteran considered to be a safe and reliable pair of hands in the cockpit. When it comes to the madness of the midfield, it’s hard to think of anyone with more laps in and around the minor points places than the 35-year-old.

‘Step forward in 2023’;

https://www.racefans.net/2023/01/30/...rward-in-2023/

Mick Schumacher could have 'been a hero' like dad Michael as F1 boss slams Haas decision.
    Mick Schumacher was dropped by Haas ahead of the 2023 season with Nico Hulkenberg stepping in.
    10:16, Fri, Jan 27, 2023
    By Luke Chillingsworth

Mick Schumacher could have followed in his father Michael’s footsteps and become a “new hero” for German F1 fans, according to F1 team boss Franz Tost. The AlphaTauri team principal claims big names like Schumacher Sr “trigger a boom” in interest as he did did back in the noughties.

He told Sport1: “One thing is certain: people need heroes, and they need them made of flesh and blood, not metal. Back then, you wanted to see Michael Schumacher win and not the engine or the Mercedes car. Only heroes trigger a boom. As Michael Schumacher showed.”

Demand for F1 in Germany has waned in recent years despite a run of dominance from home team Mercedes. However, a German driver has not won an F1 Grand Prix since Sebastian Vettel topped the podium at the 2019 Singapore Grand Prix.

‘Could have’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...f1-news-latest

Guenther Steiner suggests Haas ready to sign Williams driver
    Haas had an all-new driver line-up in 2021, with both Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean being sacked.
    28 January 2023
    by Nick Golding
    Formula1News

“Of course I would like to see an American driver with us,” Steiner said to American broadcaster KVUE.

“I think what we need to see is the development of an American driver, which is very difficult. We had the last two years ago with two rookies, last year with one inexperienced driver. And we as a team are still very young.”

“And for us at the moment there is more performance to be gained for the team to make it better, to get ready, because at the moment there is no American driver with experience in F1. Therefore, we decided not to take an American again.”

‘Haas ready to sign Williams driver’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/guenther-...lliams-driver/

Foul-mouthed F1 boss Guenther Steiner learned English 'in the pub' after ditching lessons
    Drive To Survive cult hero and Haas F1 team principal Guenther Steiner has explained the unique way he learned English as he started out in his motorsport career
    10:24, 27 JAN 2023
    BY Mark Whiley

Potty-mouthed F1 team boss and Drive To Survive legend Guenther Steiner has revealed how he learned English - by going to the pub. The Haas team principal has developed a cult following for his appearances in the hit Netflix documentary series, which has brought new audiences to F1, particularly in the United States.

Steiner is best known for his no-nonsense approach and fruity language, which he often uses towards his drivers and even in conversation with team owner Gene Haas. He enrolled for lessons but gave up after one class and decided a drinking establishment would be the best place to learn English instead.

“But I had to speak with other mechanics. I went to one class and left after one hour, thinking, ‘I’m not going to f****** do that again’, and went straight to the pub, where I learned a lot more by actually speaking to people. But I think when you speak two languages growing up, it’s easier for you to learn another language.”

‘Learned English 'in the pub';

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f1...-haas-29064684

GALLERY: Take a closer look at the all-new Haas livery for the 2023 F1 season.
    Haas kicked off the F1 launch season on Tuesday by releasing several digital renders of their 2023 livery, which represents a striking new look for the American-led operation.
    31 January 2023
    Formula One Official Site

Haas have switched things up for the VF-23 by moving to a black base with white features and red highlights.

New title sponsor MoneyGram takes centre stage, with the payment company’s logos covering both front wing and engine cover, where the numbers of Kevin Magnussen and new team mate Nico Hulkenberg also slot in.

Haas’s new car will break cover later in the month, with the teams heading to Bahrain for pre-season testing from February 23-25.

‘All-new Haas livery’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...sLPNKnBy9.html

Guenther Steiner’s assessment of new VF-23 livery as Gene Haas reveals F1 2023 target
    Tuesday 31st January 2023 3:37 PM
    Toby Miles
    PlanetF1.com

Team principal Steiner is hoping to take another step into the midfield battle this year with Kevin Magnussen and new signing Nico Hulkenberg spearheading their challenge. The 57-year-old approves of the livery, too.

“I obviously share everyone’s enthusiasm around the livery unveil, not least as it’s a checkpoint in the preseason calendar which means we’re another step closer to doing the thing we actually want to be doing – and that’s go racing,” Steiner said. “I like the livery, it’s undoubtedly a more elevated and modernised look which is fitting as we move into a new era alongside MoneyGram as our title partner.”

“It’s an exciting time of year for Formula 1 and it’s great that we’re first out the gate to showcase our livery but our attention is firmly on getting the VF-23 on-track and preparing for the season ahead. We really have something to build on following last year’s performances. The whole organization has been working hard to reach this point and obviously in Kevin (Magnussen) and Nico (Hülkenberg) we have two proven points-scoring talents locked in behind the wheel. I can’t wait to get started.”

‘Guenther Steiner’s assessment’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/steine...s-2023-target/

Haas set date for shakedown of the VF-23 F1 car
    31 January 3:30PM
    Author Luke Murphy
    RacingNews365

Haas have confirmed that their new 2023 car will hit the track for the first time in mid-February.

Following a reveal of their livery for the coming season, the Haas team will shakedown the VF-23 at the Silverstone circuit on February 11.

This will be less than two weeks before the start of preseason testing, when Haas will likely reveal the full design of the 2023 car.

‘Haas shakedown’;

https://racingnews365.com/haas-set-d...e-vf-23-f1-car

Gene Haas confident 2023 car will deliver points
    31/01/2023 at 17:09
    Andrew Lewin
    F1i.com

“I was very pleased to welcome MoneyGram as title partner for the 2023 season and beyond," Haas said after the digital launch of the livery.

“We head into a new season buoyed by some strong team performances last year and a return to points paying finishes," he continued. "The aim for the 2023 season is naturally to do that more consistently and with Kevin Magnussen and Nico Hülkenberg I certainly believe we’ve got an experienced driver pairing more than capable of delivering those points on a Sunday.

“It’s been thrilling to experience two global organisations truly come together as one team to form the MoneyGram Haas F1 Team,” responded Alex Holmes, MoneyGram Chairman and CEO. "As we both usher in a brand-new era with a clear plan and vision in place, we’re prepared to work closely together to reach new heights this year," he added.

‘2023 car will deliver points’;

https://f1i.com/news/464918-gene-haa...er-points.html

F1: Grading the 2023 MoneyGram Haas Livery
    January 31, 2023
    By: Jack Oliver Smith
    Last Word On Sports

MoneyGram Haas F1 Team has become the first Formula 1 outfit in 2023 to break cover with their digital livery launch. LWOS Livery Rankings. The black is a refreshing change. But both white and red continuing in the color scheme spoil the overall look a bit. Perhaps one of the two along with the black may have been a better option.

The VF-23 will make its debut next week at Silverstone when Haas will hold a shakedown test.
    So here it is, the #VF23 livery, the first of our title-partnership with @MoneyGram #HaasF1 #MoneyGramDrivesYou pic.twitter.com/RGyeUZXDbP
    — MoneyGram Haas F1 Team (@HaasF1Team) January 31, 2023

Team Principal Guenther Steiner said: “I obviously share everyone’s enthusiasm around the livery unveil, not least as it’s a checkpoint in the preseason calendar which means we’re another step closer to doing the thing we actually want to be doing – and that’s go racing. I cannot wait to get started.”

‘Grading the 2023 MoneyGram Haas Livery’;

https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsp...m-haas-livery/

Guenther Steiner makes surprise "changes" claim about Haas after 2023 F1 livery reveal.
    17:12, 31 Jan 2023
    By Daniel Moxon F1 Writer
    The Mirror

Guenther Steiner may have a much larger budget to play with at Haas these days, but he insists it will not mean any structural changes within the team. He told Motorsport.com, the extra cash will be poured straight into car development in the hope of pushing themselves further up the grid. "We want to invest the money in the car," the team principal said.

"At the moment, whatever we have got, we invest in the car. There is nothing that you want to do outside at the moment. The system we have got, we just want to stabilise it and just make sure that we use everything to make the car go quick, nothing else.”

"We are not focusing on other stuff, [saying] 'oh we want to do this ourselves' – no. Let's stabilise how we do it now, and then if we want to change something, change it after, because otherwise if you try to do too much, we trip over.

‘Extra cash will be poured straight into car development’;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...einer-29098494

‘Surprise "changes" claim’;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...einer-29098494

All the angles: Take a closer look at the all-new Haas VF-23 livery
    Tuesday 31st January 2023 2:30 PM
    Sam Cooper
    PlanetF1.com

Speaking about the new car, team principal Guenther Steiner said; “I obviously share everyone’s enthusiasm around the livery unveil, not least as it’s a checkpoint in the preseason calendar which means we’re another step closer to doing the thing we actually want to be doing – and that’s go racing,” he said.

“I like the livery, it’s undoubtedly a more elevated and modernised look which is fitting as we move into a new era alongside MoneyGram as our title partner. It’s an exciting time of year for Formula 1 and it’s great that we’re first out the gate to showcase our livery but our attention is firmly on getting the VF-23 on-track and preparing for the season ahead.

“We really have something to build on following last year’s performances”;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/closer...-vf-23-livery/

Steiner hails 'elevated' and 'modernised' look for 2023 Haas
    31 January 3:22PM
    Author Rory Mitchell
    RacingNews365

Haas Team Principal, Guenther Steiner, has hailed the "elevated" and "modernised" look for their 2023 challenger.

The team unveiled the new colours for the VF-23 which will be driven by Nico Hulkenberg and Kevin Magnussen, which features a more prominent black and red. It follows their rebrand to 'MoneyGram Haas F1 Team' after bringing the US-based money transfer company onboard as a title sponsor last year.

“I obviously share everyone’s enthusiasm around the livery unveil, not least as it’s a checkpoint in the pre-season calendar which means we’re another step closer to doing the thing we actually want to be doing – and that’s go racing,” remarked Steiner.

‘Guenther Steiner, has hailed the "elevated" and "modernised" look’;

https://racingnews365.com/steiner-ha...-for-2023-haas

STEINER ON HAAS: “IT’S A WORK IN PROGRESS”.
    The Team Principal discussed his choices for the future of the team as well as the past season ahead of the new car's launch.
    07:24 Tue, 31 Jan 2023.
    Dalila Zanardo
    FormulaNerds

Haas Team Principal Gunther Steiner admitted he believes his team can still grow and build consistency, although “difficult” 2022 was better than the past seasons. 2023 then will see a new focus for the American team, which is launching its new single-seater today at 2 pm.

Discussing the past season, Haas Team Principal Gunther Steiner admitted 2022 was not an easy year, as quoted by Autosport: “If you could have more equal [form], it would be better. But as long as you can have some highs, it’s good. It takes a lot of energy out of you, the ups and downs, because you have got these highs where you are flying, and you’ve got these lows where you need to recover. So it’s very difficult. But in the end, it’s better having a rollercoaster than having just downs like 2021.”

“IT’S A WORK IN PROGRESS”;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/st.../?nowprocket=1

11 F1 tech themes to watch out for in 2023 launch season.
    Everyone is on tenterhooks to discover the design trends that emerge for the second generation of the revived ground-effect regulations in 2023.
    1st Feb 2023, 07:46
    By Edd Straw and Gary Anderson
    The Race

Design convergence - Given this is only the second year of the new ground effect regulations in F1, teams will have the chance not only to work extensively on their cars through the season but also to observe the development trends throughout the grid.

Front wing loading - The front wing is the first thing the airflow hits and is critical to the airflow structure going over the rest of the car.

Raised floor edges - Teams have a tendency to keep an innovative floor-edge design hidden at launches, but we do know changes are coming – with regulations requiring the floor edges to be raised by 15mm.

‘Front suspension configuration, Rear suspension configuration, Cooling package, Side impact structure solution, Sidepod concept, Rollover structure, Weight, Loopholes’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/11-f1...launch-season/

F1 driver contracts ending in 2023: who has to impress to stay on grid?
    February 1st 2023
    Author: Cambridge Kisby
    Motor Sport Magazine

Seven drivers are due to head into the 2023 F1 season with less than a year left on their contracts. But with each at different points in their F1 career, what do they need to do to keep their seat safe?

The 2023 F1 season is fast approaching and with it comes another opportunity for every driver to move up the grid – but some in particular will need to make a serious impression.

A dramatic and memorable ‘silly season’ midway through the 2022 campaign saw six teams change driver line-ups, marked by the shock retirement of Sebastian Vettel and the controversial exchange between Alpine and McLaren over Oscar Piastri. 2023 has the potential to deliver similar off-track action.

‘Who has to impress’;

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...3&nowprocket=1

Why one F1 team boss is “convinced” Mohammed Ben Sulayem drama will stop soon
    1 Feb 2023
    Connor McDonagh
    Crash.Net

New Ferrari team principal Frederic Vasseur believes the start of the new F1 season will come at a good time for under-fire FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem.

Ben Sulayem has dominated the F1 media headlines during the off-season over a range of issues. He started the year off by announcing the FIA’s desire for new teams to join the sport by opening the "expressions of interest"

Andretti-Cadillac shortly after announced their intention to join F1 by 2026 - something that was met by a lukewarm reception by F1. The drama continued as he took to social media again to question the “inflated” reported $20bn by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund.

‘Ben Sulayem drama will stop soon’;

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/101973...will-stop-soon

Marko warns caution over potential Saudi F1 bid
    01 February 10:20AM
    Author Jake Nichol
    RacingNews365

Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko feels there is one major sticking point of a potential F1 sale to Saudi Arabia. Helmut Marko believes that caution is needed over Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) potentially buying Formula 1 from current owners Liberty Media.

Rumours surfaced last week that PIF had tabled a $20 billion bid to obtain the rights to F1, having also taken control of Newcastle United Football Club in the English Premier League in 2021 - the same year the first Saudi Grand Prix was held at Jeddah.

While admitting that the fact F1 attracting takeover interest was a "good sign," Austrian Marko believed a culture clash with Saudi Arabia would prove a problem.

‘Marko warns caution’;

https://racingnews365.com/marko-warn...l-saudi-f1-bid

February's key F1 diary dates
    Wednesday 1 February 2023 11:50
    Stuart Hodge
    GPFans

The arrival of February means the nine remaining F1 launches are just around the corner as excitement for the coming season ramps up.

Launch dates 2023 cars
    Team 2023-------Car Reveal Date
    Red Bull Racing--Friday 3 February
    Williams----------Monday, February 6
    Alfa Romeo------Tuesday, February 7
    AlphaTauri-------Saturday 11 February
    Aston Martin-----Monday, February 13
    McLaren----------Monday, February 13
    Ferrari------------Tuesday, February 14
    Mercedes---------Wednesday, February 15
    Alpine------------Thursday, February 16

‘Excitement for the coming season ramps up.’;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...ve-to-survive/

Classic video: Red Bull RB7 driven through New York streets.
    Red Bull might be conducting a 2023 launch in New York this month, but it's not the first time that the team have taken to the streets of the famous city.
    02 February 10:20AM
    Author Luke Murphy
    RacingNews365

Red Bull will be launching their 2023 season in New York later this month, but that won’t be the team's only association with the 'Big Apple'.

Ahead of the inaugural Miami Grand Prix last season, Sergio Perez took part in the team's promotional video to drive from New York to Miami.

This particular video came around ten years after Sebastian Vettel completed a similar stunt on the city streets.

‘Driven through the New York streets’;

https://racingnews365.com/classic-vi...w-york-streets

Mark Hughes: Red Bull prowess stems from a very different ruleset
    Feb 2 2023
    By Mark Hughes
    The Race

Even before the introduction of last year’s radically new Formula 1 aero regulations Red Bull was on a very productive development path, as evidenced by the season-long fight with Mercedes in 2021 after seven years of playing second (or third) fiddle.

But the advent of the new regulations last year coincided with Red Bull’s dominance. Partly of course this was down to key errors made by Mercedes in the conception of its car – but also quite possibly because the new regulations were a great fit with the direction Red Bull’s aerodynamic development was already heading.

To explain, let’s rewind back to 2020 when Red Bull’s RB16 spent most of the season being soundly thrashed by Mercedes in a car that only Max Verstappen could make vaguely competitive and which Alex Albon struggled with. But towards the end of the season the car came on increasingly strong, Albon’s deficit to Verstappen reduced significantly and at the final round Verstappen was able to win from pole.

‘Very different ruleset’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mark-...erent-ruleset/

Red Bull’s Christian Horner: Cost-cap penalty has driven team to become more “efficient and effective”
    February 1, 2023
    By Ashley Cline
    The Checkered Flag

Red Bull Racing Team Principal Christian Horner revealed that the team is feeling the impact of the cost-cap penalty they received after going over budget for the 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship season. Between a seven million dollar fine and a significant reduction in wind tunnel time, Horner told RACER that the team has had to become more efficient in their development strategy.

“We’re probably 25% almost of the way through that penalty, and of course it has an effect. It’s limiting significantly, the amount of runs that we can do in our wind tunnel over each quarter. And I think that the team are they’re having to adapt to that.”

“And it just means you have to be a bit more focused, and more disciplined in what we put through the testing process within the tunnel or within our simulation tools.”

‘More “efficient and effective”!’;

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...and-effective/

Team races on with Mateschitz ‘spirit’ – Marko
    2nd February 2023, 07:46
    Grandpx.news

Dr Helmut Marko wants Red Bull to defend its Formula 1 titles this year with the "spirit" of the energy drink's late founder Dietrich Mateschitz. "It was the second big loss," Marko, who was widely regarded as Mateschitz's right hand man in all Red Bull's F1 matters, told RTL.

"I miss him a lot. We want to build on the successes of 2022 now, continuing to lead the team in the legacy of Dietrich and defend the world championship with his spirit."

Since Mateschitz died, Marko admits he now has to "make decisions alone". "I no longer have this opportunity to exchange ideas at the same level," he added.

‘Spirit of the energy drink's late founder Dietrich Mateschitz’;

https://grandpx.news/team-races-on-w...-spirit-marko/

Red Bull car launch: Date, time and how to watch live
    Thursday 2 February 2023
    Stuart Hodge
    GPFans

The waiting is almost over, F1 fans. This Friday, Red Bull Racing pulls the cover off the RB19, the car with which Max Verstappen will look to land a third world title in a row and Sergio Perez will hunt for a maiden crown.

At the time of writing, the Austrian team has revealed very little about the launch. All we know so far is that the will be held in New York and will start at 2pm UK time.

The show can be followed live for free via Red Bull TV, the streaming service of Red Bull Racing and you can also download the app. We also know that Verstappen, Perez and team boss Christian Horner will be present and will speak to the press after the launch. Anything else will come as a surprise!

‘The waiting is almost over, F1 fans’;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...h-live-stream/

Is James Vowles the right man to turn Williams around?
    James Vowles was announced as Williams' new team principal in mid-January, but is he the right person for the job?
    January 31, 2023
    By Ed Spencer
    Total Motorsport

For over a decade, Vowles has been an integral part of the Mercedes machine that has dominated F1, with his performances as chief strategist helping the team win seven constructors championships. Vowles was also head of strategy at Brawn GP when they won the 2009 world championship, meaning that whatever team he’s at, he can turn them into winners overnight.

Vowles won’t have it easy, but with this being his first team principal job and being handpicked by Dorilton, he could be given more time than his predecessors. In an era of continued manufacturers’ interest, Williams is a team unique to F1 as it receives engines from Mercedes with no added factory support.

‘The right man?’;

https://www.total-motorsport.com/jam...liams-f1-2023/

Why Wolff is certain Vowles won't be 'fooled' at Williams
    02 February 3:15PM
    Author Jake Nichol
    Co-author Luke Murphy
    RacingNews365

Incoming Williams Formula 1 Team Principal James Vowles will not "be fooled" in his new role, according to Toto Wolff.

"[Being a Team Principal] is such a niche position, because you need to have the commercial understanding, the political perspectives and not be fooled by what you've been told by someone in the technical or engineering area," Wolff told media, including RacingNews365.com.

"James ticks many of those boxes, and on the commercial side he was involved in many of the activities that we've done in the past few years. Before the last step was done, he came to me and said: 'What do you think about it?,' and [more often than not], we were very aligned.”

‘Won't be fooled';

https://racingnews365.com/why-wolff-...ed-at-williams

Photo: Could this be Williams’ new-look 2023 livery?
    Williams are set to unveil their 2023 challenger on February 6, in an event hosted by F1 presenter Will Buxton.
    1 February 2023
    by Nick Golding

With Haas having kicked-off the 2023 launch season on Tuesday, several more launches are set to take place in rapid fashion, starting with Red Bull’s on Friday. Following Red Bull’s launch on February 3 is Williams, who will reveal their 2023 challenger and potentially a new livery on February 6.

As always, fans have created concept designs as to what they think, or at least hope the Grove-based outfit’s 2023 car will look like. A theme amongst many is a design that includes the famous colours of Gulf Oil, following speculation that the company are set to join Williams for the 2023 campaign.

Gulf Oil have teased about a return to F1 on their social media channels since announcing their departure from McLaren at the end of last season, with Williams seemingly being the most likely partner for the company.

‘Famous colours of Gulf Oil’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/fan-predi...s-2023-livery/

Williams F1's latest £36m move speaks volumes about owners Dorilton Capital.
    Struggles for performance on the track and difficulties attracting financial partners have led to rumours that Dorilton might look to sell Williams, but their most recent move suggests otherwise
    20:15, 20 Jan 2023
    By Daniel MoxonF1 Writer
    The Mirror

Dorilton Capital appears to have injected another £36m into Williams as the historic team's Formula 1 woes continue.
    The team has a glorious history of success in the sport and has employed some of F1's best-ever drivers, but glory is not a word often used in association with Williams these days. Sadly, the once-great racing brand has largely been making up the numbers in recent years. Problems on and off the race track have led to some suggestions that Dorilton might be keen to sell. But the latest development regarding the team's financial situation appears to be a hint that the investment group is here to stay – for now, at least.

Shares totalling £36m were issued by Williams on December 22nd last year. It is not known exactly who those shares were issued to but, given a very similar number of shares were issued to Dorilton the previous year, it is not unreasonable to suggest the owners have again pumped cash into the team.

Dorilton Capital who bought the team in 2020, were fully aware of the problems. Financial performance was poor in 2019, when Williams was first put up for sale, and the Covid pandemic only exacerbated that issue. Even now, they continue to struggle to attract big sponsorship deals.

‘Williams F1's latest move’;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...pital-29011522

Who is Logan Sargeant? F1's new US star profiled
    Wednesday 1 February 2023
    Sam Hall
    GPFans

Logan Sargeant will become America's first full-time F1 driver since 2007 when he lines up on the grid to begin the Bahrain Grand Prix in March. Sargeant joined the Williams Driver Academy in 2021 at the United States Grand Prix when he was still racing in F3.

Shortly after, the American got his first taste of F1 machinery when he got behind the wheel of the FW43B at the post-season test in Abu Dhabi. Sargeant made his debut in an official F1 session almost exactly a year after joining the Williams set-up when he took to the track in FP1 at the Circuit of the Americas.

‘Logan Sargeant?’;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...1-driver-2023/

Red Bull Racing unveils 2023 RB19 livery.
    Red Bull unveiled its car on Friday at a presentation that took place in New York, at the Classic Car Club in Manhattan.
    03/02/2023 at 14:58
    Michael Delaney
    F1i.com

Red Bull title sponsor Oracle once again occupies the prime real estate on the team's 2023 machine which appears little changed from last season's livery and which will be steered by two-time world champion Verstappen and teammate Sergio Perez.

While Friday's launch was a livery-only presentation, Red Bull will likely unveil its genuine RB19 when pre-season testing kicks off in Bahrain on February 23.

‘2023 RB19 livery’;

https://f1i.com/news/465051-red-bull...19-livery.html

In photos: Every angle of the new Red Bull RB19 F1 livery
    03 February 4:02PM
    Author RacingNews365 Staff
    RacingNews365

Red Bull have released pictures of the livery for their F1 car for the 2023 season, the RB19.

The Milton Keynes team unveiled the design in a special launch ceremony in New York on February 3rd.

The uncovering of their final design for the upcoming season will take place at a later date.

‘Every angle’;

https://racingnews365.com/in-photos-...rb19-f1-livery

How we know this isn’t Red Bull’s real 2023 F1 car
    Feb 3 2023
    By Rosario Giuliana
    The Race

World champion team Red Bull Racing called the Formula 1 car it unveiled in New York on Friday the RB19. But what went on stage in the American city was – as expected – a presentation of the 2023 livery, with some new sponsors, placed on the car of 2022.

Gary Anderson’s view: It’s obvious from Red Bull’s launch of what it calls the RB19 that it thinks we are all idiots. What a waste of time, effort and money for all concerned. Being honest about what it was doing in New York would be very easy because it was simply done to release the news about Ford.

Red Bull will unveil the real RB19 at the tests that begin on February 23 in Bahrain. Red Bull had already disappointed fans – eager to see the first ground effect Red Bull designed by Adrian Newey – by presenting at its 2022 launch a mock-up car almost identical to the one shown by the FIA to announce the new rules, but still calling it the RB18.

‘Gary Anderson’s view’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/how-w...l-2023-f1-car/

‘We’re the hunted now’ – Red Bull launch 2023 F1 car as Max Verstappen aims to win third straight title
    Friday 3 Feb 2023 2:55 pm
    Callum McAvoy
    Metro.co.uk

Red Bull have launched the RB19, the car they hope can defend Max Verstappen’s Formula 1 title, at a flashy launch show in New York on Friday. They are the first team to reveal their 2023 challenger, after Haas unveiled the livery for the VF-23 last Monday.

‘We go from being the hunter to the hunted now. That is added motivation,’ team principal Christian Horner said. ‘It is going to be an incredible season, our rivals for sure haven’t stood still. We are going to have to be at the top of our game.”

‘Ferrari are going to be competitive, Mercedes are going to be there, there are some other teams that could make some big progress as well.’ Verstappen commented: This is the first time I’ve seen the car! I think our livery has been pretty similar for a couple of years now but I’ve always found it a cool looking car.

‘We’re the hunted now’;

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/03/red-b...o=newsnow-feed

Why the Red Bull-Ford partnership is a perfect fit
    03 February 4:45PM
    Author Dieter Rencken
    Co-author Rory Mitchell
    RacingNews365

Following Red Bull’s split from Porsche in September the reigning champions today announced a technical partnership with Ford, which returns to F1 after an absence of over 20 years. RacingNews365 Editorial Director Dieter Rencken explains why the deal is about more than merely sticking the Blue Oval on a tappet cover.

As analysed here in December, there are compelling reasons for Ford to enter Formula 1 as technical partner to Red Bull Powertrains: not only does the Blue Oval, currently splitting itself into Ford Blue (internal combustion engined vehicles or ICE) and Ford Model e (battery electric vehicles or BEV) divisions, gain an expedited, cost-effective dual-stream presence on the F1 grid, but does so as partner to F1’s reigning double champions.

Clearly the FIA’s 2026 power unit regulations, designed for 1000bhp with a 50/50 ICE/hybrid split, and the sport’s burgeoning popularity (particularly in the USA, Ford’s major market) are the primary drawcards, with the opportunity to ‘buy’ into an FIA-registered, turn-key PU operation owned by the eponymous energy drinks brand provides obvious global marketing opportunities beyond those provided by F1.

‘A perfect fit’;

https://racingnews365.com/why-the-re...e-technologies

Video: ‘Our Time’ – Ford returns to Formula 1 with Red Bull Racing
    3rd Feb 2023, 16:28
    by Ryan Wood
    Motorsport Week

After more than 20 years, and as F1 transitions to a new and more electrified future, now is the time for Ford to make its long-awaited return to Formula 1.

‘Our Time’;

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/...d-bull-racing/

Horner cautious over 'big progress' of F1 rivals
    Friday 3 February 2023 15:20
    Sam Hall
    GPFans

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has warned of the challenges that will face the outfit this term. "Our rivals, for sure, haven’t stood still, so we’re expecting Ferrari to be competitive, Mercedes are going to be there. There are also some other teams that could make big progress as well."

“This time of year, it’s all a big unknown and it’s a question of focusing on ourselves, doing the best that we can, and then in Bahrain in a couple of week's time we’ll get to see everybody’s car and we’ll realise have we missed something, have we not? “

“Then we’ll set off on this 23-race journey from March to November. There are going to be highs and lows along the way, I’m sure, but we’re in a good place and looking to carry on that momentum from last year.”

"Our rivals, for sure, haven’t stood still,”;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...ival-progress/

Max Verstappen: Red Bull working flat out to make it three in a row
    3rd February 2023, 17:39
    Sky Sports

Max Verstappen says Red Bull are 'working flat out' to be in the best shape possible to make it three driver championships in a row.

‘Red Bull working flat out’;

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...three-in-a-row