Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    JACQUES VILLENEUVE MAKES BOLD FORMULA 1 2023 PREDICTIONS.
    The 1997 world champion also speculates whether Sebastian Vettel will get “restless” and wish to return to the sport. According to Jacques Villeneuve, 2023 will be an important season for Perez, and he expects “the best Lewis”
    09:01 Tue, 22 Nov 2022.
    Rhiannon Temporal
    FormulaNerds

2023 will be an important year for Sergio Perez. It has been a tale of two halves for Perez in 2022. While the Mexican driver has celebrated two victories and 11 podiums, he does finish the year 149 points adrift from his teammate. Villeneuve did not mince his words whilst reviewing Perez’s season, he said: “Perez was strong early in the season. After that, I thought he was invisible.” Could we see Perez leave Red Bull if he fails to keep up with two-time world champion Max Verstappen? The arrival of Daniel Ricciardo and the lingering threat of Lando Norris.

Are we about to see the best version of Lewis Hamilton in 2023? Another driver discussed in Villeneuve’s column is the seven-time world champion, Hamilton. The 1997 champ makes the bold prediction, that: “Next year, I expect a lot from Lewis Hamilton. We are going to see the best Lewis yet.”

He believes that Hamilton not scoring a pole position or race win in 2022 will motivate the Mercedes driver. And that failing to achieve either a pole or a victory within a season, “will have done something to him.”

‘BOLD FORMULA 1 2023 PREDICTIONS’;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/ja.../?nowprocket=1

Formula 1 2023 – a way too early preview…
    10:38 Sun, 27 Nov 2022.
    by Motorsport Week
    Motorsport Week

It’s been just over a week since the 2022 Formula 1 season ended, with a final battle between Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc and Red Bull’s Sergio Perez for the second spot in the championship leader board. The Monegasque driver pulled off an incredible race in Abu Dhabi, getting the edge over the Mexican, who still recorded the best season of his career to date.

But now it’s time to move past this season and focus on the next one, where the rest of the grid will try to catch up with Red Bull and Verstappen. Today, we’re going to take a way-too-early preview for the 2023 Formula 1 season.

‘Way too early preview’;

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/...early-preview/

Formula 1: Early 2023 world championship favorite revealed
    The 2022 Formula 1 season is in the books, and the odds for the 2023 world championship have been revealed. Who is the favorite?
    10:38 Sun, 27 Nov 2022.
    Motorsport Week

Red Bull’s Max Verstappen capped off a dominant championship-winning season with a record 15th victory, and it is no surprise that the two-time reigning champion is the early favorite to win a third consecutive title in 2023.

Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton, a seven-time world champion, is listed as the second favorite for 2023. He is coming off of a career-worst season in 2022, one which saw him fail to win a race for the first time in his 16 seasons in the sport and one which saw him fail to finish in the top five in the standings for the first time.

2022 runner-up Charles Leclerc is listed as the third favorite. Early in the 2022 season, the Ferrari driver was the betting favorite, but a string of errors — driver errors, mechanical errors, strategy errors, etc. — following a hot start ultimately knocked him out of contention.

‘Early 2023 world championship favourite’;

https://beyondtheflag.com/2022/11/22...rite-revealed/

F1 TV Tech Talk - Sneak peak into 2023 Formula 1 cars
    23 Nov 2022
    Formula 1.

F1 Technical experts Sam Collins and Craig Scarborough take a closer look at the forthcoming tweaks to the technical regulations which will alter the aerodynamics and safety of next year's machines. Watch the full episode on F1TV.com

‘Sneak peak’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...445818206.html

Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix in 2023 ‘to be cancelled’ ["not certain" to take place]
    November 23, 2022
    Gavin Hamilton

F1 chief executive Stefano Domenicali previously said the scheduled race was "not certain" to take place.

F1 declined to comment on the matter and the race has not yet been officially called off, but the decision was "an inevitability".

A cancellation would be particularly disappointing at this time as China's first full-time Formula 1 driver, Zhou Guanyu, is currently taking part in the series and is yet to race in his home country.

‘ "not certain" to take place’;

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/c...-be-cancelled/

The sad logic behind Ferrari’s latest act of F1 scapegoating.
    Mattia Binotto deserves credit for the many good things he’s done at Ferrari recently, including helping to fix the woefully uncompetitive first iteration of the manufacturer’s turbo hybrid V6 and then adeptly taking over full technical leadership of the Scuderia after James Allison left unexpectedly during 2016.
    By Ben Anderson
    The Race
    1st Dec. 2022, 13:02

The cars Ferrari produced under Binotto’s technical direction (2017-19) were its most competitive since 2012, when Fernando Alonso came within four points of winning the world championship. Sebastian Vettel was a title contender for much of 2017 and 2018, and the 2019 car made Charles Leclerc a grand prix winner.

Binotto took overall charge of Ferrari’s F1 operations in 2019 (Maurizio Arrivabene carried the can for the championship failures of the preceding two seasons) and undertook two significant restructurings through 2020 and 2021 to get the team firing on all cylinders again for F1’s new ground affect era.

Binotto delivered a spirited defence of his own record in Abu Dhabi, saying Ferrari under his leadership met its 2022 target to return to competitiveness. That much is true – but having started the season with the absolute fastest car on the grid, and one which scored more pole positions across the season than any other, Ferrari singularly failed to capitalise on the advantage it gained from spending two seasons in the wilderness.

‘The sad logic’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-s...-scapegoating/

Mika Hakkinen offers thoughts on Mattia Binotto's Ferrari exit
    Published: 1 Dec 2022, 13:41
    By George Dagless
    Give Me Sport

Mika Hakkinen has given his view on Mattia Binotto’s exit from Ferrari and addressed speculation it was because he and Charles Leclerc didn’t get on. Speaking to Sky Sports at the official launch party of the F1 Arcade in London on Wednesday night, the ‘Flying Finn’ said it’s not about people liking each other in F1 anyway, so long as the job is done in terms of winning:

“I always thought when I was in Formula 1, it’s not a question about if you don’t like somebody, it’s a question of how good they are, how committed they are, how clever they are – that’s what matters.”

“It doesn’t matter if you like them or not. That’s nothing to do with your success. You have to work in a team. You have to respect people’s talent, knowledge, and commitment. I don’t know. I doubt it’s the true story.”

‘Mika Hakkinen offers his thoughts’;

https://www.givemesport.com/88090488...s-ferrari-exit

Mattia Binotto 'never' had the backing of Ferrari boss amid team tensions
    Ferrari is on the search for a new team principal after parting ways with Mattia Binotto.

07:58, Thu, Dec 1, 2022
    By Luke Chillingsworth

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto “never” had the backing of chairman John Elkann, according to reports in the Italian media. According to Italian newspaper Calciomercato, Binotto and Elkann were like “water and oil” with the Ferrari chief not getting involved. They claim Binotto “never had the support” of the Ferrari president on the bigger issues such as the team’s stance on the Red Bull budget cap fiasco.

They conclude that Binotto received “no real support” from the owner during his spell at the team. However, ahead of the final race weekend, Ferrari had released a statement claiming any rumours of Binotto leaving were unfounded. A statement from Binotto earlier this week read: “With the regret that this entails, I have decided to conclude my collaboration with Ferrari.

"I am leaving a company that I love, which I have been part of for 28 years, with the serenity that comes from the conviction that I have made every effort to achieve the objectives set. I leave a united and growing team. A strong team, ready, I'm sure, to achieve the highest goals, to which I wish all the best for the future. I think it is right to take this step at this time as hard as this decision has been for me.”

‘Never had the backing of Ferrari boss’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...nn-news-latest

‘Calmer guys’: Ferrari lambasted for sacking Mattia Binotto
    Ferrari have confirmed that team principal Mattia Binotto has resigned, but a replacement is yet to be announced.
    30 November 2022
    by Jack Devonport

Despite the team releasing a statement last week rubbishing claims that Binotto was set to get the axe, Ferrari will now be on the lookout for a replacement following their team principal’s resignation. Former F1 driver Heikki Kovalainen believes that Ferrari will regret Binotto’s departure, claiming that there is more to blame for Ferrari’s shortcomings than just their boss.

“Binotto to me comes across as a good leader, he’s been of the calmer guys at Ferrari,” he stated. “I think there is something still missing from the Ferrari team that is causing this chaos and panic at times, at crucial moments of the weekend.”

In such a brutal and cut-throat sport, Kovalainen believes that the constancy and calmness brought by not chopping and changing key staff could have made the difference for Ferrari, who he now thinks might struggle. “If you look at the recent history, the last few years have been a bit more steady and stable at Ferrari than in the past when the team principal was changing more often,” suggested Kovalainen.

‘Ferrari lambasted for sacking Mattia Binotto’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/calmer-gu...attia-binotto/

F1 boss urges Ferrari to find a solution after Binotto's resignation
    1/12/2022, ‎10‎:‎15
    Author Jake Nichol

Stefano Domenicali was speaking after Ferrari announced the resignation of Mattia Binotto as Team Principal. Formula 1 boss Stefano Domenicali has urged Ferrari to "find a solution" after the resignation of Mattia Binotto as Team Principal.

"Of course when you are second in Ferrari, it is something that is not enough," Domenicali explained to Sky Sports F1. "I was in the same position many years ago, and I want [Binotto] to stay focused and believe in himself.”

"I don't want to get into the dynamic of the team, but for sure, I want to wish him the best for the future. I really hope that Ferrari will find the right solution to stay on-track and focus, as they [have done] a big recovery from where they were two years ago (sixth in the 2020 season).”

‘Find a solution’;

https://racingnews365.com/f1-boss-ur...os-resignation

F1 confirms Chinese GP is off, Portugal set to join 2023 calendar?
    Formula 1 has confirmed the cancellation of the Chinese Grand Prix for the fourth straight year in 2023 due to Covid-19.
    02 December 2022
    Ben Issatt

While the rest of the world has been opening up during this year, China has continued with a zero-Covid approach leading to large-scale lockdowns for just a handful of cases and mandatory quarantine for visitors.

After growing unrest in recent days, there have been signs that the country is starting to ease some measures. But F1 along with promoters and authorities in Shanghai have decided to call off the race once again due to "ongoing difficulties".

And it appears the location in pole position to fill that slot is Portimao, which hosted two races as part of Covid-affected calendars in 2020 and 2021. "Portugal once again on the F1 route," commentator Joao Carlos Costa tweeted on Thursday.

‘F1 confirms Chinese GP is off’;

https://www.insideracing.com/formula...-2023-calendar

Six potential replacements for the scrapped Chinese Grand Prix
    13:24, 2 DEC 2022
    BY Mark Whiley

Daily Star Sport looks as six potential alternatives for the race… Portimao, Portugal: The Portuguese circuit ticks many of the boxes having come onto the schedule during the pandemic-effected 2020 and 2021 seasons. Sepang, Malaysia: The Sepang circuit, which hosted F1 between 1999 and 2017, is missed by many fans and drivers, having dropped off the calendar due to rising hosting fees and declining ticket sales.

Mugello, Italy: Another recent temporary addition due to Covid, although it was only used once. A narrow circuit that is more suited to bikes, it produced an eventful, crash-strewn race in 2020. Istanbul Park, Turkey: Another favourite with the drivers, the Istanbul Park Circuit returned to the calendar for 2020 and 2021 and would be ready to go again if required.

Paul Ricard, France: The Paul Ricard circuit has only just dropped off the calendar, despite hosting a successful race in 2022. Germany: Given the country’s motorsport heritage, it’s a travesty that Germany doesn’t have a spot on the calendar. In Hockenheim and the Nurburgring, it has two popular and historic circuits that are synonymous with the sport.

‘Six potential replacements’;

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f1...timao-28638777

F1: Algarve due to replace China on 2023 calendar
    2nd December 2022
    By Michael Bruxo
    Portugal Resident

The return of Formula 1 racing to the Algarve next April is just a few details away from being confirmed. This is according to SportTV motorsports commentator João Carlos Costa, who has reported on his Twitter page that the decision to replace the Chinese Grand Prix with a race at the Algarve International Racetrack is “imminent.”

However, there are still “small details to be sorted out before the FIA World Council takes place on December 9 in Bologna,” according to the motorsports insider.

The official announcement would come as an early Christmas present for motorsports fans in Portugal, who have been longing for the return of F1 action to the country since the Algarve was chosen as a replacement circuit for two races in 2020 and 2021.

‘Small details to be sorted’;

https://www.portugalresident.com/f1-...2023-calendar/

2023 Chinese Grand Prix cancelled due to Covid as F1 'assessing alternative options'
    F1 has decided to scrap the race whch was last held back in 2019.
    By Luke Chillingsworth
    11:17, Fri, Dec 2, 2022

A record-breaking 24-race calendar was introduced last season with F1 still likely to press ahead with the plans at a different venue. According to Sky Sports F1, there are several circuits interested in taking the slot.

These include Portimao who hosted the Portuguese Grand Prix for two consecutive seasons during Covid. The Algarve track appears to be the favourite with the details possibly finalised within days, according to SportTV’s motorsport commentator Joao Carlos Costa.

Turkey’s Istanbul Park was also drafted into the calendar for 2020 and 2021 after other races cancelled due to restrictions. Circuits which popped in during the pandemic also included Germany’s Nurburgring and Italy's iconic Mugello.

‘F1 'assessing alternative options' ’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ronavirus-news

Where could F1 race if it replaces the cancelled Chinese Grand Prix?
    2023 F1 season
    Posted on 2nd December 2022, 13:52
    Written by Keith Collantine

The most surprising thing about the cancellation of the Chinese Grand Prix is that it was ever on 2023 Formula 1 calendar to begin with. Portugal’s Autodromo do Algarve was one of the first tracks to be named as a potential venue. The same could also apply to the Paul Ricard circuit which was dropped from the calendar after this year’s race.

One neater solution might be to add a race as a return stop after the Australian Grand Prix on April 2nd. But a suitable venue would need to be found. Malaysia’s Sepang International Circuit seems a viable option, but the venue has cooled on F1 since holding its last race in 2017. South Africa was a candidate for a race on the 2023 calendar and the continent remains a target for F1.

Each possibility involves some compromises. But there remains the possibility F1 won’t choose any of them. If it embarks upon next season without a replacement the series will have a four-week gap between the championship’s rounds in Australia and Azerbaijan: a ‘spring break’ to go along with the summer and winter hiatus. Given the packed schedule which follows it, many teams might welcome that.

‘Each possibility involves some compromises’;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/12/02/...se-grand-prix/

WOLFF: MERCEDES NOT EXPECTING 2023 RESURGENCE TO BE A GUARANTEE.
    Toto: "And I am 100% sure that this was a difficult year that was necessary for us to re-motivate and re-energise the organisation."
    • 11:18 Thu, 01 Dec 2022.
    • Hamilton Lyndon-Griffiths
    • Read Motorsport

“The regulation changed, we got it wrong,” Wolff conceded. “But all the other pillars are still in place and we have to tune the systems and understand. And I am 100% sure that this was a difficult year that was necessary for us to re-motivate and re-energise the organisation.

“We won eight [championships] in a row, more than 100 races. And this has again made us come back down to the ground, made us appreciate how it feels when you win in Brazil, and also understand how difficult it is to recover – not from [losing] a race like we’ve had it before, but from many races that were just not good enough.

“So I think we will be looking back in a few years and saying ‘that was absolutely necessary’. My perspective is not one season and it’s not two years, my perspective is looking back in 10 years and saying ‘we’ve been there constantly’.

‘NOT EXPECTING 2023 RESURGENCE TO BE A GUARANTEE’;

https://readmotorsport.com/2022/12/0...e-a-guarantee/

Toto Wolff tells fans what to expect from Lewis Hamilton and George Russell in 2023
    • 17:12, 27 Nov 2022
    By Benjamin Goddard
    The Mirror

After tasting victory at the Brazilian Grand Prix in the penultimate race of the season, Mercedes principal Toto Wolff expects his drivers Lewis Hamilton and George Russell to be hungry for more next term.

Speaking to Sky Sports, the Mercedes chief said he was proud at how the team turned their terrible season around. He said: “Not a blip for a race but a full season. You keep pushing so hard, the engine came along really well and I'm proud of what we achieved there.”

"On the chassis side there were more bad moments than good ones but the good ones were spectacular like a week ago (Brazilian GP). It made us feel how good it can be and now we're just pushing forward for next year. It's raw, it's bad and it's okay to feel like this but next year we are back.”

‘Be hungry for more next term’;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...-wins-28595733

TOTO WOLFF REVEALS DISAPPOINTING TRUTH ABOUT MERCEDES’ F1 ENTRY FOR 2023
    The 'Silver Arrows' have had a bumpy ride in 2022...quite literally. Mercedes Team Principal Toto Wolff explains why...
    17:20 Sun, 27 Nov 2022.
    Cambridge Kisby
    FormulaNerds

“[I’m] never confident,” Wolff told GPFans.com. “I’m a glass-half-empty guy, never believing the job we are doing is good enough.” Mercedes just missed out on a P2 finish in the constructors’ standings after struggling heavily with the new car regulations that took effect at the start of the 2022 season. The bouncy W13, Mercedes’ 2022 F1 entry, caused serious headaches for the Brackley-based outfit and even posed alarming physical threats to Lewis Hamilton and George Russell, both of which suffered from back injuries.

Wolf added: “I’m not sure at all whether we can bounce back to a position where we can compete for a championship. You need to acknowledge the competition is strong, but we will do everything in our power – everything – to set our objectives high and try to reach them.”

Reports have suggested that Mercedes’ entry for 2023 will be very aesthetically similar to the car we saw bounce around the world in 2022. With the FIA’s new regulations implemented to reduce porpoising, Mercedes will get a brand new chance to get it right in 2023, which could allow Mercedes to challenge at the front of the grid once again.

“I’m not sure at all whether we can bounce back…”;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/to.../?nowprocket=1

'WE ARE BACK' TOTO WOLFF MAKES 2023 PROMISE TO LEWIS HAMILTON AFTER WORST F1 SEASON
    Lewis Hamilton ended up sixth in the Drivers' Championship for his worst-ever finish in an F1 season.
    00:03, Tue, Nov 22, 2022
    By Stuart Ballard

Toto Wolff has promised Lewis Hamilton that he won't have to worry about a repeat of his worst-ever season in F1 heading into 2023 after the Brit ended the championship in a career-low sixth. Apart from a spectacular weekend in Brazil which saw George Russell win his first F1 race, Mercedes will want to quickly move on from the W13 and put a disappointing 2022 campaign behind them.

"First of all, we're gonna put these cars in reception at Brackley and in Brixworth to remind us every single day how difficult it can be," Wolff told Sky Sports. "But thank you everyone, this is a character-building season. Not a blip for a race but a full season.”

"You keep pushing so hard, the engine came along really well and I'm proud of what we achieved there. On the chassis side there were more bad moments than good ones but the good ones were spectacular like a week ago. It made us feel how good it can be and now we're just pushing forward for next year. It's raw, it's bad and it's okay to feel like this but next year we are back."

'We are back';

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...x-F1-standings

Toto Wolff sends warning to Lewis Hamilton and George Russell
    1 December 2022
    by Jack Devonport

“The regulation changed, we got it wrong,” admitted Wolff. “But all the other pillars are still in place and we have to tune the systems and understand. And I am 100% sure that this was a difficult year that was necessary for us to re-motivate and re-energise the organisation.

“We won eight [titles] in a row, more than 100 races. And this has again made us come back down to the ground, made us appreciate how it feels when you win in Brazil, and also understand how difficult it is to recover – not from [losing] a race like we’ve had before, but from many races that were just not good enough.”

While a race win would have been a huge relief for the team, it is worth noting that both Ferrari and Red Bull were fully focused on developing their 2023 cars while Mercedes continued to upgrade the W13.

‘Re-motivate and re-energise’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/toto-wolf...sell-for-2023/

Alpine's 2023 lineup 'better' than original plan – boss.
    Team boss Otmar Szafnauer says Alpine's 2023 teammate is "better" than the Renault-owned team's original plan.
    05:47 Tue, 22 Nov 2022.
    By GMM F1
    Sports Mole

The Enstone based team had intended to pair the continuing Esteban Ocon with Oscar Piastri next year - before rookie Piastri denied his 2023 contract was valid and he signed with McLaren. "I am happy because our lineup with Esteban and Pierre (Gasly) is better than it would have been if we had won that (Piastri) case," Szafnauer told AS newspaper.

He was asked, however, if Fernando Alonso alongside Ocon would have been even better. "Good question," Szafnauer answered. "This year we have had a great driver lineup, Fernando has done a fabulous job and he is still super-fast. I'm happy with my lineup but ask me next year and I'll answer."

On the face of it, 41-year-old Alonso is leaving Alpine in frustration at a year filled with reliability breakdowns. Nonetheless, when standing next to Ocon at a fan event in Abu Dhabi, he said he would miss the team. "Lie!" Frenchman Ocon joked. "He said he's happy to go!"

'Better than original plan’;

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula...8.html?newsnow

Alpine’s 2023 lineup ‘better’ than original plan – boss
    06:11 Tue, 22 Nov 2022
    ANDREW MAITLAND
    Grandpx.news

Team boss Otmar Szafnauer says Alpine’s 2023 teammate is “better” than the Renault-owned team’s original plan. The Enstone based team had intended to pair the continuing Esteban Ocon with Oscar Piastri next year – before rookie Piastri denied his 2023 contract was valid and he signed with McLaren.

“I am happy because our lineup with Esteban and Pierre (Gasly) is better than it would have been if we had won that (Piastri) case,” Szafnauer told AS newspaper. He was asked, however, if Fernando Alonso alongside Ocon would have been even better.

“Good question,” Szafnauer answered. “This year we have had a great driver lineup, Fernando has done a fabulous job and he is still super-fast. I’m happy with my lineup but ask me next year and I’ll answer.”

‘Alpine’s 2023 lineup ‘better’ than original plan’;

https://grandpx.news/alpines-2023-li...nal-plan-boss/

Szafnauer: Alpine 2023 line-up better thanks to Piastri exit
    24/11/2022 at 15:52
    Phillip van Osten
    F1i.com

Alpine team boss Otmar Szafnauer believes that all things considered, his team has gained from Oscar Piastri's departure from Enstone and Pierre Gasly's arrival, as the latter is a faster driver than the former. Last summer, Alpine initially reacted to the announcement of Fernando Alonos's shock move to Aston Martin by promoting Piastri to a race seat in F1 with the Enstone squad for 2023.

Alpine's intentions of pairing Ocon with Gasly were initially met with a fair degree of skepticism given the bad blood that existed between the two drivers, and which goes all the way back to their karting days. However, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since the duo's early days of banging wheels in the frantic ranks of karting. Both drivers recently said that they can work together at Alpine, and Szafnauer sought a vote of confidence from both men.

"Hopefully, what they say is true, and I believe it is," said the Alpine team principal. "I've talked to both of them, and they both say the same thing. I've talked to Esteban more than Pierre, as I know [him] more, and I asked him: 'Do you think this is an opportunity to rekindle your friendship?' He said: 'Yeah, never say never, let's see what happens', so he is definitely open to it.”

‘Alpine 2023 line-up better’;

https://f1i.com/news/461811-szafnaue...stri-exit.html

‘I was overworked’: Ocon happy to see Alonso leave Alpine, but new threat looms in 2023
    November 30th, 2022 6:18 pm
    Michael Lamonato from Fox Sports

Esteban Ocon says he’s glad to see Fernando Alonso leave Alpine after having to bear more than his fair share of the load alongside the decorated Spaniard.

Alonso returned to Formula 1 after a two-year sabbatical as the French team’s star signing to replace Daniel Ricciardo. The two-time champion’s signature was considered a signal of intent that Alpine expected to maintain its forward momentum as it rebuilt itself into a race-winning force.

But hosting the notoriously prickly Spaniard hasn’t always made for smooth sailing at Enstone. Alonso’s frustration with Alpine’s chronic unreliability this season has boiled over several times, and his ferociousness on the track has frequently led to episodes of friendly fire with teammate Ocon.

‘Ocon happy to see Alonso leave Alpine’;

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...a67bb7d85020e6

GASLY: ALPINE HAS BEEN “WELCOMING IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY”
    What did Gasly expect before stepping into the A522 for the first time?
    01:08 Fri, 02 Dec 2022.
    Lena Ferle
    FormulaNerds

Pierre Gasly leaves the Red Bull family for Alpine in 2023. In his first test in the A522, he was “very positively surprised” by the potential for the coming season.

According to motorsport.com, he explained the first drive in the Alpine car: “It was kind of surprising at the start, but we managed to get everything we wanted.”

“Very quickly I felt comfortable in the car, and I understand now why they finished fourth in the teams’ championship. It all makes sense for me, so I’m very excited for what’s coming.”

“WELCOMING IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY”;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/ga.../?nowprocket=1

Mercedes will be out to seek F1 vengeance in 2023.
    The first form guide for the 2023 Formula 1 season is still a long way off, but Mercedes will already be looking to place high on predictions lists and escape the ‘No Man’s Land’ area it found itself in throughout much of the 2022 campaign.
    15:50 Fri, 02 Dec 2022.
    by Fergal Walsh
    Motorsport Week

Mercedes has travelled a long way from its start-of-season woes, and has set its sights on getting a grip on stability that will provide it with the means to develop accordingly. “I think we much better understand what the problems were [at the start of 2022], we’ve been peeling onion layer after onion layer off discovering more issues and more problems,” Wolff said.

“But I think we’ve come to the point where we understand pretty well why the car is not performing. Like I said, the correlation is there for some tracks. It’s all in the fine details of how can we make the car work aerodynamically, how can we improve the ride height and make it more stable as a basis. It’s multiple factors that contribute to a car that is simply just not good enough.”

“If we are able to sort that out over the winter, at least we can provide a stable platform to the drivers and we can develop it from there.” But Mercedes is a winning team – its setup from 2014 to 2021 arguably ranks as the greatest F1 constructor of all time. Its place on the grid is anywhere but the top, and it will be determined to prove that once more in 2023.

‘Seek F1 vengeance’;

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/...eance-in-2023/

Marko backs Mercedes F1 to return to form in 2023
    03/12/2022, 12:19
    by Fergal Walsh
    Motorsport Week

Red Bull advisor Dr Helmut Marko says he is expecting Mercedes to return to front-running competition during the 2023 Formula 1 season.

Marko believes that Mercedes will have a stronger overall package than Ferrari when the 2023 campaign gets underway. “Ferrari is strong, but Mercedes will be stronger in the overall package. Especially with a driver like Lewis Hamilton. He’s still a top driver,” Marko told SportsBild. “True, Ferrari also has a very good driver in Leclerc, but he still makes mistakes.”

“Mercedes has fought its way up to us over the year,” he said. “They’re not on a par with us yet, but they have more wind tunnel time to develop the car. I’m not too worried, though. We’re on a good track for 2023 and, with Max, we have the best driver in the field.”

‘Marko believes that Mercedes will have a stronger overall package than Ferrari’;

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/...-form-in-2023/

Nico Rosberg predicts slow start to Mercedes 2023 season but backs them for title push
    Saturday 3rd December 2022 11:00 AM
    Sam Cooper

Nico Rosberg suspects Mercedes will be slow off the mark in 2023 but has backed his former team to be amongst the championship contenders. Having had the season that they have had, Rosberg believes pressure fell away from Mercedes as they accepted the role of hunter rather than hunted. Looking towards 2023, the German believed that could work in Mercedes’ favour as they can focus on the sole goal of overtaking Red Bull.

“I think the pressure has come off the team a little bit now because it’s kind of accepted they are not the best and fastest at the moment. They’re the ones chasing the best which is a different situation. So now the hunt is on.”

“For Mercedes, I think they’re massively motivated and they have this wonderfully clear targets which is beat that Red Bull next year, try and get them over the winter. That’s a huge driving force.”

‘Amongst the championship contenders’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-r...s-2023-season/

George Russell dismisses Lewis Hamilton’s excuse for being outpaced by him
    Lewis Hamilton has suggested that his early season poor form was due to his "guinea pig" role within the team.
    2 December 2022
    by Jack Devonport

George Russell was seemingly able to extract a reasonable amount of performance from the car, as he secured consistent top six finishes and a flurry of early podiums. Lewis Hamilton on the other hand was struggling, being lapped by Max Verstappen at Imola as the seven-time world champion struggled to find the pace of Russell in his W13.

Hamilton has explained his early season form, suggesting that due to his greater experience he was acting as a guinea pig for the team, taking part in drastic set-up experiments as the team looked to find their missing performance.

“For sure, at the start of the year, Lewis made more drastic set-up changes within the confines of the car, but that was purely because I was in a happier place and he was still trying to find a set-up that suited him.” Russell hitting back at Hamilton’s claims may come as a warning sign to Mercedes, who are no strangers to their drivers falling out when the have the chance to compete with each other.

‘Was in a happier place’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/george-ru...tpaced-by-him/

George Russell hints Lewis Hamilton 'would have been different' if Mercedes were winning
    George Russell has opened up on his relationship with Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes.
    14:55, Fri, Dec 2, 2022
    By Luke Chillingsworth

George Russell has admitted his relationship with Lewis Hamilton “would have been different” this year if Mercedes were battling for race wins and titles. The former Williams star stressed connections within the team may not have been as strong without the period of uncertainty. However, Russell also revealed there had been some “tension” as the team desperately tried to find a solution to their lack of pace.

He told the High Performance Podcast: “I think for sure the dynamic would have been slightly different had we arrived at the first race and had the fastest car on the grid. A lot of questions were asked. There’s been a huge amount of late nights throughout this season. A lot of tension at times between drivers teams, designers with regards to, are we on the right tracks?”

“Do we need to be doing something different? Do we need to be more drastic? Do we need to follow the same path as what we are on and continue doing what we know best? These were very difficult conversations that we come away from them closer together and we’ve got such great leadership in Mercedes that we are now all pushing in one direction.”

‘Huge amount of late nights’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...es-news-latest

TeamTalk: Binotto departure a big blow to Ferrari.
    Michele Lupini: So. They fired Binotto. What a cock-up!
    11:14 Sat, 3 December, 2022
    NewsDesk
    Grand Prix 247

“Sure, we criticised him. I mean, he opened himself up to it, no? Yet we always remained cognisant of Mattia’s empathy, his leadership. And crucially, his deep, deep understanding of the Maranello politic. Which is why we called for him to be supported. To take some of the pressure away.

“Not fire him! For goodness’ sake! But there we go. He’s gone. And left an enormous vacuum that frankly cannot be filled. Not today, not next week, not next year. And not even by 2025. Which means its idiot management has now put Ferrari’s next world champion off for good few more years. If not forever. Some of us were excited, hopeful for that for 2023. No more. “So, how do we sort this. Honestly the only plausible way to now fix Ferrari, is to break the Scuderia down.”

“Rebuild it from the bottom up. Like Montezemelo did back in the ’90s. But that needs a big balled bastard. Ferrari doesn’t have one of those. Has not had any coglione since the cows came home. “So, what to do? There are probably just three people who can sort this. Steal Woolf or Horner. Or take the flak and bring Briatore in! Then take the best key personnel there is. The modern Todt Brawn, Byrne, et al. Even Max.

‘What a cock-up!’;

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/12...1-resignation/

Montezemolo 'worried' about Ferrari situation.
    Former Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo admits he is "worried" about his former team.
    05:29 Fri, 02 Dec 2022.
    By GMM F1
    Sports Mole

Specialist German reports claim Sauber-Alfa Romeo team boss Frederic Vasseur has now turned down Ferrari's invitation for him to replace axed team boss Mattia Binotto. McLaren's Andreas Seidl and Red Bull's Christian Horner also reportedly said no, with many insiders believing the role is akin to a poisoned chalice at the Maranello-based marque.

Di Montezemolo, who so successfully led Ferrari until he was ousted in 2014, commented: "I'm sorry about the situation at Ferrari and I'm worried. In these moments, since I really care about Ferrari, I prefer not to comment other than to note that it seems to me to be a company without a leader."

‘Luca di Montezemolo admits he is "worried" ’;

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula...7.html?newsnow

Ferrari priorities questioned by departing team boss
    Sunday 4 December 2022 07:30
    Sam Hall
    GPFans

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has questioned the team's priorities after budget constraints limited development across the past F1 season. Speaking before announcing his resignation, Binotto was asked why the team had been unable to match Red Bull in terms of development, to which he replied: "There have been a few factors.”

"The first, in terms of development, Red Bull had a clear route which was the weight of the car, which was not our case, and they knew what to tackle to get performance out of the car itself. "For us, it was more complicated because it was really through aero developments and the aero concept.”

"The development we did was not sufficient. We stopped very early, not only by choice but for expenditure reasons. Have we made the right choice in stopping so early in terms of priority? I don't know. More than that, we could have done better development than we did, which we need to review.”

‘Ferrari priorities questioned’;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/97...nt-priorities/

Brundle: Binotto exit at Ferrari 'a little bit strange'
    02/12/2022 at 15:39
    Michael Delaney
    F1i.com

Sky F1 pundit Martin Brundle admits that Mattia Binotto's departure from Ferrari, with no immediate replacement lined up by the Scuderia, "looks a little bit strange".

Speaking in London at the Guild of Motoring Writers’ Annual Awards dinner on Thursday night, Brundle admitted to being puzzled by how Binotto's exit had played out, with seemingly no replacement plan in place.

"You're working for a country there at Ferrari, not just a team, of course," commented the former F1 driver. They've lost their chief technical officer and their team principal, so unless they have got somebody very, very good to replace him straightaway, it all looks a little bit strange. But that's the nature of it."

‘With no immediate replacement lined up’;

https://f1i.com/news/462192-brundle-...t-strange.html

Can trigger-happy Ferrari harness all the talent at its disposal? – MPH
    With change at the top once more for Ferrari, can it avoid wasting all the ability which runs throughout the team?
    MARK HUGHES
    December 2nd 2022

Ferrari in its wisdom has made its ‘choice’ and “accepted” Mattia Binotto’s resignation. It’s done and there is no sign that the football club mentality of the upper management is about to change anytime soon. There is no-one of the necessary calibre willing to take the team principal job to succeed long term within that environment. But it’s quite possible that short term, at least, the team’s prospects are reasonably good.

In the adjacent garage the team had been intending to also fit Carlos Sainz with inters. “No!” he insisted strongly, before instructing them to fit him with soft-compound slicks and to get him down to the end of the pitlane as soon as possible, if not sooner. This was the third time in the season that we know about that Sainz had intervened in correcting choices the team was about to make – and each time he was proven right.

In Monaco there was his insistence that he go straight through from wets to slicks, missing out the intermediate phase. That prevented him from being passed by both Red Bulls rather than just one. Then there was the Silverstone restart when he had to calmly explain why wasting his new tyres trying to hold the pack off the old-tyred Leclerc’s back wasn’t going to work and that the only way the team was going to win this race was to let Sainz push on and have Leclerc in the defensive position.

‘Trigger-happy Ferrari’;

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...h?nowprocket=1

Helmut Marko details Max Verstappen's special skill which saw him beat Sergio Perez.
    Helmut Marko has revealed Max Verstappen is now better at saving his tyres than Sergio Perez in a major advantage for the Dutchman.
    09:35, Fri, Dec 2, 2022
    By Luke Chillingsworth

Perez has often been credited for being able to preserve his tyres better than others allowing him to run longer stints. However, Red Bull chief Marko claims Verstappen has now adopted the skill and could now be better than the Mexican. This has helped Verstappen to cruise to the title in 2022 with a staggering 15 race wins to his name.

Marko said: “Max has gradually become a tyre whisperer. We give him a certain plan and he executes it optimally. In Abu Dhabi, for example, with Max we had already assumed a one-stop.

“From the same considerations we had gone for a two-stop with Perez, although that first stop of his still came earlier than we expected.” Red Bull’s team principal Christian Horner stressed Perez's tyre issues during his first stint at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix affected his race.

‘Helmut Marko details Max Verstappen's special skill’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...-red-bull-news

Marko doubts Perez's 2023 title credentials
    04/12/2022, ‎07‎:‎55
    Author Jake Nichol

Red Bull driver boss Helmut Marko has doubts over whether Sergio Perez has the ability to challenge Max Verstappen for the 2023 Formula 1 title. Marko: I don't think anybody can challenge Verstappen.

Despite completing his best ever season in F1statistically, Marko is unsure whether Perez can push on and challenge Verstappen, who will be seeking a third world title in 2023. "Checo can certainly win a race or two," Marko explained to Bild. "But at the moment I don't see that he can challenge Max for a whole season.”

"In general, I don't see that anyone can currently do this." The Austrian veteran also outlined exactly where Red Bull need to improve in 2023, despite coming off the back of their strongest ever season in F1. "We want to be similarly dominant in 2023, and even if it is very difficult, there is always room for improvement," Marko added.

‘Marko: I don't think anybody can challenge Verstappen’;

https://racingnews365.com/marko-doub...le-credentials

Coulthard: Verstappen doesn’t give a sh!t about what we say
    4 December, 2022
    Paul Velasco

David Coulthard is adamant that Max Verstappen is already among the greats of Formula 1, but warns that his two titles could be all he gets if he does not have a winning car but could also be the first of many.

But Coulthard warns: “The Verstappen era may be over after two titles, not because he’s not a brilliant driver, but he may not have a title-winning car in the coming seasons. Nobody knows that in advance. “Lewis could have been a nine-time instead of a seven-time F1 champion. At the same time, he has often been in a good car, and someone like [Fernando] Alonso has not.”

“Alonso should have had more than two titles but his choices and the racing gods have put him in the position where he will drive for Aston Martin next year and the chances of him becoming champion are slim,” predicted the Scot.

‘Max Verstappen is already among the greats of Formula 1’;

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/12...t-what-we-say/

HILL: VERSTAPPEN WILL BECOME “A TARGET” AFTER TWO CHAMPIONSHIP WINS
    Damon Hill spoke on the F1 Nation Podcast about Max Verstappen's two world championships
    18:25 Wed, 30 Nov 2022
    Abby Bathurst
    FormulaNerds

On the F1 Nation Podcast, Damon Hill spoke about Verstappen and the two championships he has under his belt. Hill, a former Formula One driver himself, said: “Not everybody loves a winner, their expression is or the idea is once you’re leading, you’re in a happy place. But there’s also this other thing, which is in this business, all the other teams want to bring you down.”

Hill continued commenting on the flip side of a driver’s success. He said: “So you become a target, and it can be sometimes baffling why people don’t celebrate when you’re doing really well. But there is that flip side to being successful.”

‘Other teams want to bring you down’;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/hi.../?nowprocket=1

Max Verstappen warned next season 'won't be straightforward' as surprises predicted
    TWO-TIME F1 world champion Mika Hakkinen has forecasted a tougher title defence awaits Red Bull's Max Verstappen in 2023.
    10:00, Thu, Dec 1, 2022
    By Tom Sunderland

TWO-TIME F1 world champion Mika Hakkinen has forecasted a tougher title defence awaits Red Bull's Max Verstappen in 2023.

Red Bull superstar Max Verstappen will "see some surprises" and encounter a more difficult test in his bid for a third straight F1 crown next year. That's according to two-time world champion Mika Hakkinen, who believes the sport's changing regulations open up opportunities for other outfits to impress.

"He [Verstappen] has done a great job with a great team and great engineers," the Finn told Sky Sports. "Regulations of Formula 1 are different now than it used to be in my time, or used to be three or four years ago. That gives a lot of opportunities to other teams for success.”

‘Next season won't be straightforward’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...-Mika-Hakkinen

Why Verstappen expects a closer title fight in 2023
    ‎02‎ ‎December‎ ‎15‎:‎20
    Author Michael Butterworth
    Co-author Dieter Rencken

World Champion Max Verstappen says he expects a closer championship battle in 2023, as other teams get to grips with the new generation of F1. Speaking after yet another dominant win in the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Verstappen acknowledged Red Bull's superiority over the whole of 2022, but cautioned that other teams would close the gap on the drinks-backed outfit.

"I do think it will be closer," Verstappen told media, including RacingNews365.com. "People are understanding the cars a lot more, and over time, all the teams will just edge closer. From our side, it's been a really positive weekend, so that's really encouraging also for next year.”

"But we also know now, over the winter, we really have to keep pushing and keep trying to find performance and understand the tyres even more, because the tyres will change a bit for next year. So, let's see how we are going to manage all of that."

‘Max Verstappen expects a closer title fight’;

https://racingnews365.com/why-versta...-fight-in-2023

Why McLaren's development is 18 months behind schedule.
    McLaren Technical Director James Key says the pandemic has put his team 18 months behind their development curve.
    04/12/2022, ‎11‎:‎05
    RacingNews365

Key and Team Principal Andreas Seidl joined McLaren at the beginning of 2019 as the team embarked on a restructuring after an underwhelming few years that included an ill-fated engine partnership with Honda.

McLaren's fortunes gradually improved from 2018 onwards, as the team's points tally increased year-on-year, ultimately scoring their first Grand Prix win since 2012 with Daniel Ricciardo's victory in the 2021 Italian Grand Prix.

But the team slipped back in 2022, scoring only 159 points to 275 in 2021, and falling behind Alpine in the final Constructors' Championship, and Key lamented that the onset of the pandemic had affected McLaren's development plans.

‘Development is 18 months behind’;

https://racingnews365.com/why-mclare...ehind-schedule

McLaren forced to sell heritage Formula 1 cars to Bahrain amid financial trouble
    The McLaren Artura has experienced delivery delays, causing the team to look for further funding.
    2 December 2022
    by Jack Devonport
    Formula1News

McLaren are one of the most prominent supercar manufacturers in the world, producing some of the most impressive pieces of machinery over the course of their existence. The McLaren Artura is set to be one of the most impressive supercars produced by the British company, but the process to create and roll out the Artura has been far from straightforward.

The car manufacturer have been forced to seek emergency funding numerous times over the past couple of years to aid with the Artura project, recently raising £125 through convertible preference shares from Ares Management Corporation and Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund.

McLaren have recently reported a loss of £203 million over the previous nine months, nearly three times the figure from the year prior.

‘Forced to sell heritage Formula 1 cars’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/mclaren-f...ncial-trouble/

Seidl unconcerned over McLaren's driver dynamic
    ‎03‎ ‎December‎ ‎13‎:‎55
    Co-author Dieter Rencken

McLaren will have a new driver line-up next year, as Oscar Piastri replaces Daniel Ricciardo in partnering Lando Norris. But team boss Andreas Seidl says the change won’t affect the team’s approach or dynamic.

Seidl dismissed concerns that a different line-up may change the team dynamic for the worse. "Each driver is different, and that could end up in a different relationship between two guys, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one or the other type of relationship is better or worse," Seidl told media, including RacingNews365.com.

"In the end, the way Lando is as a guy, [and] the way we got to know Oscar so far, I don't expect any issues there. We have one common mission together, we want to make sure that the work everyone is putting in and the commitment everyone is putting in, that we simply keep moving forward as a team."

‘McLaren's driver dynamic’;

https://racingnews365.com/seidl-unco...driver-dynamic

McLaren: 2022 season underlined team's operational weakness
    01/12/2022 at 18:11
    Michael Delaney

Andreas Seidl says McLaren's troubled start to its 2022 campaign underscored a few operational weaknesses that remain embedded in the team.

Seidl suggested that McLaren's predicament may have a bearing on the development of team papaya's 2023 MCL37.

"To a certain degree, it probably even had an impact on the development of next year's car, because we couldn't start it as early as we would have liked," he concluded.

‘McLaren's predicament’;

https://f1i.com/news/462162-mclaren-...-weakness.html

Palou: Excited to be a McLaren reserve F1 driver in 2023
    1 December, 2022
    Associated Press

Alex Palou was confirmed as a Formula 1 reserve driver for McLaren Racing on Thursday, bringing to an end a prolonged battle for the IndyCar champion and the F1 team. The Spaniard, who won the 2021 IndyCar championship for Chip Ganassi Racing said, in July, he was declining to return to Ganassi next year and instead would drive for McLaren.

In his role as a reserve driver, Palou will support McLaren whenever it does not conflict with his responsibilities in the final year of his IndyCar contract with Ganassi. He will officially move to McLaren at the end of the upcoming IndyCar season and drive either for Arrow McLaren SP in IndyCar or move completely into an F1 role.

“I’m excited to be part of the McLaren team as one of their reserve drivers in 2023,” Palou said. “I can’t wait for the involvement with next year’s car. I look forward to continuing my development as a driver and I appreciate the trust McLaren have in me with this new role next year.” Palou has four wins and 15 podiums through three IndyCar seasons and is the only Spaniard to win the championship.

‘Excited to be a McLaren reserve F1 driver in 2023’;

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/12...river-in-2023/

Could McLaren switch to Porsche power in F1 2026?
    Wednesday 30th November 2022 8:15 AM
    Sam Cooper

McLaren’s Zak Brown has been discussing a possible move away from Mercedes engines to Porsche for the 2026 season. Porsche, along with Audi, have made their intentions to be on the grid in 2026 clear but while the latter has agreed a deal to take over Sauber, it still remains to be see just what form Porsche’s entry will take.

Volkswagen, who own Porsche and Audi, have made it clear they are looking to partner Porsche with an existing team rather than create their own and they could even enter the sport solely as an engine supplier.

Currently, there are four engine suppliers in F1 in the form of Red Bull Powertrains, Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari but with the new power unit regulations coming in 2026, others are expected to join.

‘Porsche power’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclare...power-f1-2026/

One of Ferrari’s old F1 drivers is the new boss it needs.
    And then there are the politics that come with the job, building relationships with the FIA and FOM. Could Gerhard handle this aspect? You bet.
    Dec 3 2022
    By Jim Wright

The resignation and departure of Mattia Binotto from the Ferrari Formula 1 team shouldn’t be a great surprise. Sure, he had a number of good qualities and he managed to turn the Ferrari super-tanker around and get it back on course to challenge for wins. But the next step, putting together a genuine world championship challenge, is a step too far for his experience and character.

Step forward Gerhard Berger. The amiable but no-nonsense Austrian is the perfect man to lead Ferrari back to world championship honours. What I learnt in that three-year spell working for Gerhard was that he had a very clear way of analysing a challenge and that he had a real skill for identifying the major issues and addressing those issues head on, quickly, simply and without any turning back.

To achieve this, he had a really impressive network of personnel with which he had previously worked or admired from afar. From mechanics to engineers to production personnel, they were all in Gerhard’s Rolodex and between Gerhard and his super-efficient and loyal PA, they could reach anyone that mattered within the motorsport world. And he was ruthless.

‘Ruthless’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/one-o...boss-it-needs/

F1 legend Berger linked with top Ferrari job
    DECEMBER 5, 2022
    ANDREW MAITLAND
    Grandpx.news

F1 legend Gerhard Berger is being linked with the vacant top job at Ferrari’s iconic team.

The 63-year-old, who had two separate stints at the wheel of the Italian team’s Formula 1 cars in the 80s and 90s, has most recently been boss of the German touring car series DTM.

The news comes just after Mattia Binotto was ousted as Ferrari team principal, with the Maranello team’s former technical director Ross Brawn also linked with the role.

‘Gerhard Berger is being linked’;

https://grandpx.news/f1-legend-berge...p-ferrari-job/

Binotto says Ferrari lack 'winning mentality' from Schumacher era.
    05 December 2022
    Ben Issatt
    Inside Racing

Speaking earlier this year, Binotto was asked what main thing Ferrari missed in its pursuit to end the wait for championship success, one that enters its 15th year in 2023. “That winning mentality that was there in the Schumacher era and which pushed you to do better after every victory,” he told Motorsport Italia.

"To win, you have to keep progressing and improving and to do that we have to give 120% if not 130%. We come from very difficult seasons, from sixth place in the 2020 Constructors’ Championship. These were years that marked us because we suffered pressure and criticism, and in a way they shaped us.”

“We promised we would be competitive again and we have kept that promise, but what I want to say is that between having a performing car and drivers and the ability to consolidate the ability to materialise every situation, there is still a step to go.”

‘We have to give 120% if not 130%’;

https://www.insideracing.com/formula...schumacher-era

‘Next season’s engine will be the bomb’ – Steiner reveals Ferrari optimism
    05/12/2022, 17:18
    by Rob Kershaw
    Motorsport Week

Haas Team Principal, Guenther Steiner, has revealed positive talks with incumbent Ferrari boss, Mattia Binotto, regarding next season’s power unit.

Steiner hinted that a nifty bit of machinery will be installed into the back of the Ferrari, Haas and Alfa Romeo cars next year after the manufacturer team turned its attention to that department towards the back end of the 2022 campaign.

“On Thursday I met Mattia Binotto and he told me that next season’s engine will be the bomb,” said the Italian at the ceremony for the Lorenzo Bandini Award, which was won by Magnussen. “In Emilia Romagna, there is a lot of support for Ferrari. And if it [the engine] is competitive, it will be positive for us too.”

‘Ferrari optimism’;

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/...rari-optimism/

Sainz lists two main targets for Ferrari success
    Monday 5 December 2022 13:15
    Ewan Gale

Carlos Sainz has revealed Ferrari's two main targets for next season after the team fell away to second in the F1 constructors' standings over the course of 2022.

The Spanish driver clinched his first pole position and victory in F1 at the British Grand Prix, the highlight in what was otherwise a rollercoaster of fortunes across the year that started with two retirements in the first four races.

"On my side, I want to start the season a lot stronger, a bit more like I finished this one," added Sainz. "Being a better driver with more knowledge, and getting a lot more knowledge of this generation of cars, should make me stronger next year.”

‘Two main targets’;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/97...i-two-targets/