Lando Norris predicting a lengthy wait before first F1 title challenge.
Few would doubt his talent but Lando Norris believes he is still some way off from competing for a Formula 1 World Championship.
Thursday 19th January 2023 7:23 AM
Sam Cooper
PlanetF1.com

In 2019, he scored his first points. In 2020, he stood atop the podium for the first time and in 2021, he improved that tally to four including a career-high P2 at Monza. But while 2022 saw him stagnate with just a single podium and 38 points fewer than he acquired the year previous, there are few who would argue that was down to the ability of Norris.

The Brit has been occupying the ‘best of the rest’ category for a while now, picking up six seventh place finishes in 2022, but while some say a title battle is soon on the horizon, Norris himself is a little more hesitant.

“With everything I’ve learned, maybe I could win a race, but I’m unlikely to win a championship until possibly that time,” he told GQ magazine of his contract end date in 2025. “I know I need to be at the absolute top of my game in those years.”

‘Lengthy wait’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lando-...ge-prediction/

NORRIS DISCUSSES DOUBTS ABOUT BEING GOOD ENOUGH FOR F1
Even in Formula 1, the topic of mental health is often still taboo. Norris is fighting against the stigma.
19 Jan 2023, 08:40
Lena Ferle
FormulaNerds

Since Norris first set foot in Formula 1 in 2019, he has repeatedly struggled with mental health issues. For several years now, he has spoken openly about it. Norris wants to use it to help other people open up.

Norris and his team McLaren are working with the mental health charity Mind. Since the start of this collaboration, Norris has made several appearances on television shows. On “This Morning”, he talked about how mental health affected him in the early stages of his Formula 1 career.

‘DISCUSSING DOUBTS’;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/no.../?nowprocket=1

Brown reveals Norris' only bad habit that 'frustrates' him
19 January 10:25AM
Author Rory Mitchell
RacingNews365

Zak Brown has admitted that the one thing about Lando Norris that occasionally "frustrates" him is the Briton's punctuality. "What frustrates me about Lando?" said Brown in an interview with GQ magazine.

"He’s been five minutes late more than once. If we’re supposed to leave at 8.00, it might be 8.07." It's a minor problem for the team boss though, who insists that Norris is very good at integrating himself within the team and has matured since joining.

He added: "The great thing about him is he is very honest and owns everything. And he’s definitely improved.” Norris' calm nature is the thing that has impressed Brown the most, with the team CEO believing that his driver will be World Champion within the next "10 to 15 years" of his career.

‘Briton's punctuality’;

https://racingnews365.com/brown-reve...frustrates-him

Lando Norris got on 'pretty well' with Daniel Ricciardo despite Drive To Survive 'tension'.
11:30, 18 JAN 2023
BY Mark Whiley
Daily Star

Lando Norris has opened up about his relationship with now-former McLaren teammate Daniel Ricciardo, insisting they got on “pretty well”. Recent series of the hit F1 documentary Drive To Survive have suggested tension between Norris and his last two stablemates, Carlos Sainz and Ricciardo.

Norris’s negative portrayal in the Netflix series has attracted criticism, most notably from F1 world championship Max Verstappen, who boycotted the show over what he saw as fabricated events and rivalries, although he made himself available for interview for series five, which airs next month.

‘Got on pretty well';

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f1...tflix-28985215

Lando Norris admits what he 'hated' about Daniel Ricciardo relationship at McLaren
Lando Norris has opened up on his relationship with Daniel Ricciardo at McLaren.
09:46, Thu, Jan 19, 2023
By Luke Chillingsworth
Daily and Sunday Express

Lando Norris has admitted he and Daniel Ricciardo both “hated” being beaten by each other on race weekends. But Norris also stressed the pair also didn't enjoy getting the better of each other as a result of their great relationship.

Norris added they got on “pretty well” and “respected each other” away from the race track. The Brit told GQ Magazine: “Carlos [Sainz] and I get on extremely well. I kind of grew up with him. Daniel I got on with pretty well. He and I were the perfect competitors: we hated beating each other like we hated getting beat by one another.

“Away from the track we respected each other massively. I keep it separate; I can be the biggest competitor I need to be on the race track, but I can also respect and be good mates with other people.” His comments come after Netflix’s Drive to Survive producers hyped up a rivalry between Norris and Ricciardo. In the series, Norris asks his engineers to tell Riccardo to hurry up as he is driving too slow.

‘Opened up on his relationship with Daniel Ricciardo’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...claren-f1-news