Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Hmm... whatever Max's reasons are I'm just not sure about that Monaco rumour... I'll need to go watch it again.
    I watched a youtube video on exactly that the other day. It showed how Perez (on his fast lap) along with 3 other drivers all come on to the throttle very late coming out of that corner. When Perez crashes, he comes back on the throttle very early, then spins and crashes. The video host comes to the conclusion that due to the very early throttle input, it is very likely an intentional crash.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Going for the move despite knowing/thinking that Lewis would break the rules and not leave space is not even close to being the same thing as hitting Lewis intentionally.

You are removing any responsibility from Lewis to race by the rules and effectively giving him Carte blanche to race however he likes.... and anyone who hits him because of he didnt race by the rules? Your logic.. 'they intentionally hit Lewis'

If you are serious that's just ridiculous dude.
    It’s precisely the same thing. If you are going for a move, realise you are both going to come together and then decide not to bail then you have intentionally made a decision hit the other driver. Max admitted he knew they were going to collide, he did nothing to lift out of it, therefore he intentionally caused a collision.
    Whether Lewis knew they were going to come together is unclear but we certainly know Max did.

Those comparing with Silverstone are way off the mark. There neither driver knew a collision was imminent and both went for it. I still maintain it was a 50/50 racing incident.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    It’s precisely the same thing. If you are going for a move, realise you are both going to come together and then decide not to bail then you have intentionally made a decision hit the other driver. Max admitted he knew they were going to collide, he did nothing to lift out of it, therefore he intentionally caused a collision.
    Whether Lewis knew they were going to come together is unclear but we certainly know Max did.

Those comparing with Silverstone are way off the mark. There neither driver knew a collision was imminent and both went for it. I still maintain it was a 50/50 racing incident.

You are pretty funny, I'm just not sure if its intentional.

You are pretty funny, I'm just not sure if its intentional.
    Thanks for your submission.

Thanks for your submission.
    It would only be a submission if I thought you were not either (an admittedly funny) troll... or delusional.

It would only be a submission if I thought you were not either (an admittedly funny) troll... or delusional.
    You fail to articulate a response because you have none- therefore, you label me as funny as part of your denial. Either way, it is a submission

You fail to articulate a response because you have none- therefore, you label me as funny as part of your denial. Either way, it is a submission
    I've already given you a response but you conveniently ignore Lewis's part in the incident then try to claim my 'submission' because I can no longer take you seriously.

You can't blame it on Max for going for a move knowing that there was a pretty high likelyhood that Lewis wouldn't leave the space that he is supposed to leave. Lewis is the one who broke the rules of racing here, not Max.

I've already given you a response but you conveniently ignore Lewis's part in the incident then try to claim my 'submission' because I can no longer take you seriously.

You can't blame it on Max for going for a move knowing that there was a pretty high likelyhood that Lewis wouldn't leave the space that he is supposed to leave. Lewis is the one who broke the rules of racing here, not Max.
    You're confusing blame and intent. If you intentionally hit someone you are to blame. Max didn't start the move with the intent of hitting Lewis, but he did finish it with this intent. Max admits this because he admitted he knew they would collide (not that they were likely to collide as you conveniently skew it). You're assuming because Lewis didn't give Max enough room that he is automatically to blame. This is incorrect. Lewis gave Max the same treatment Max gives everyone else in those situations, no room, with the option of bailing. Just like Imola 2021 first corner with Lewis, Max could have done the smart thing and gone over the kerb like he expects everyone else to do but, as he admitted himself, he intentionally hit Lewis instead. Therefore only he can be to blame for the incident.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 14th December 2022 at 19:26.

You're confusing blame and intent. If you intentionally hit someone you are to blame. Max didn't start the move with the intent of hitting Lewis, but he did finish it with this intent. Max admits this because he admitted he knew they would collide (not that they were likely to collide as you conveniently skew it). You're assuming because Lewis didn't give Max enough room that he is automatically to blame. This is incorrect. Lewis gave Max the same treatment Max gives everyone else in those situations, no room, with the option of bailing. Just like Imola 2021 first corner with Lewis, Max could have done the smart thing and gone over the kerb like he expects everyone else to do but, as he admitted himself, he intentionally hit Lewis instead. Therefore only he can be to blame for the incident.
    Your post is so contradictory it doesn't really make much sense. You say Max intentionally hit Lewis but he didn't start the move with this intent... but he finished it with this intent because Lewis didn't leave the space?

What you are really saying is Max shouldn't have made the move if he thought/knew Lewis wouldn't leave the space. Lewis has carte blanche and can do whatever he wants.... and anyone who tangles with him is to blame because the rules of racing don't apply to Lewis. Your sense of entitlement is incredible.

If Lewis had left the space like he is supposed to there would have been no collision, its as simple as that.

Your post is so contradictory it doesn't really make much sense. You say Max intentionally hit Lewis but he didn't start the move with this intent... but he finished it with this intent because Lewis didn't leave the space?

What you are really saying is Max shouldn't have made the move if he thought/knew Lewis wouldn't leave the space. Lewis has carte blanche and can do whatever he wants.... and anyone who tangles with him is to blame because the rules of racing don't apply to Lewis. Your sense of entitlement is incredible.

If Lewis had left the space like he is supposed to there would have been no collision, its as simple as that.
    Lewis left him space enough with the options to back out or go over the grass. Max could have hit the brakes to avoid a collision he knew was going to happen or gone over the grass, the same options he affords everyone else when he is racing, instead he chose to intentionally ram another opponent.

You seem to believe that Max has no blame in an incident that he openly admitted he caused. He is 100% to blame and his admission lays blame solely at his feet. Your denial of this is staggering.