Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Can anybody explain to me what Monaco is supposed to mean? I keep hearing about it but have not seen any real explanation.
    from another site:
    Talk in the paddock is that the "something that happened in the past" was a reference to Monaco when Perez crashed out on his final run in Q3, thereby denying Verstappen a chance at pole.

2. Likes: N. Jones (14th November 2022)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Max , the little tool , could have let Checo by in the sprint as well , and chose to stay ahead .

Curious though , is that nobody is giving Carlos any hard time about not making his own "team play" by letting his team mate , who is in a tight battle with Checo , take that podium .
    It is at least as selfish an act , but no agro at all .

It's a team sport .

Carlos gets a bye here from me , because he got no order to move over .
    His team takes the hit for being stupid about it .
    LeClerc gets a pooh pooh for whining like a little girl .

And Max isn't making any friends .

4. Likes: Mia 01 (14th November 2022)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    What I find most disturbing about this race is that Verstappen admitted in an interview afterwards that he intentionally hit Hamilton. No one in the FIA has picked up on this. Any driver that intentionally crashes into another should not be on the grid. The sport is dangerous enough- we don't need another death. He was very blase about it as well. He needs to be put in his place big time.

6. Likes: Eli (14th November 2022)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Max , the little tool , could have let Checo by in the sprint as well , and chose to stay ahead .

Curious though , is that nobody is giving Carlos any hard time about not making his own "team play" by letting his team mate , who is in a tight battle with Checo , take that podium .
    It is at least as selfish an act , but no agro at all .

It's a team sport .

Carlos gets a bye here from me , because he got no order to move over .
    His team takes the hit for being stupid about it .
    LeClerc gets a pooh pooh for whining like a little girl .
    Sainz/Leclerc was at least about a podium finish. As a driver, you don't give up a podium that easily, whereas it would not have made any difference at all whether Verstappen finishes 6th or 7th. Also, Sainz was just three points behind Hamilton prior to yesterday's race and still has a good chance to grab fifth place overall from him.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

8. Likes: airshifter (15th November 2022),N. Jones (14th November 2022)
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    What I find most disturbing about this race is that Verstappen admitted in an interview afterwards that he intentionally hit Hamilton. No one in the FIA has picked up on this. Any driver that intentionally crashes into another should not be on the grid. The sport is dangerous enough- we don't need another death. He was very blase about it as well. He needs to be put in his place big time.
    If this is true, he needs to have his points taken away from him like MS did in '97.

10. Likes: Bagwan (15th November 2022),N. Jones (14th November 2022)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Do you have a link to the interview? He didn't in the one I saw... he just said that he knew Lewis wouldn't leave him the space... which is not the same thing.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Verstappen Hamilton Crash - Leclerc Norris Crash - Ricciardo Magnussen Crash | F1 GP Brazil 2022

https://youtu.be/q_JoFnT7u-g

0_F1-Grand-Prix-of-Brazil.jpg
    Last edited by Matti; 15th November 2022 at 03:43.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I do agree Max was a tool for not letting Checo through. At that point it was obvious he wasn't going to win the race, and boosting Checo a couple points wouldn't be much pain. In hindsight, the Ferrari situation was a bit different. Carlos needs some positives and taking away a podium would be hard on the driver in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Do you have a link to the interview? He didn't in the one I saw... he just said that he knew Lewis wouldn't leave him the space... which is not the same thing.

It's hard to create hate and discontent if you use the words in context, so the Max haters will twist the context beyond reality. And of course once you do that, it's easy to justify that it might result in death, since the idea is to discredit only one driver.

And for anyone who actually watches from the onboard on Max's car, it's clear his right wheels are at the edge of the curb, and Lewis causes the contact. Both were already on compromised lines, and both could have easily made the corner. You just can't fit two cars into a 1.5 car width space.

I thought race incident myself, but thought the same with the Ocon/Max incident in 2018. In this case either way a bad move for Lewis, who had a lot more to lose really.

How two world champions can handle the same situation.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_irUPwPoaA

14. Likes: gm99 (15th November 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Sainz/Leclerc was at least about a podium finish. As a driver, you don't give up a podium that easily, whereas it would not have made any difference at all whether Verstappen finishes 6th or 7th. Also, Sainz was just three points behind Hamilton prior to yesterday's race and still has a good chance to grab fifth place overall from him.
    As a team , switching almost secures it for your higher placed driver .
    That should be a no-brainer .
    It might have been tougher , had it been Sainz's first chance to win , but it wasn't , so it was a chance to sacrifice for his team , the honourable move .

As for a driver not giving up that podium easily , I lose respect for him if he doesn't comply with team orders .
    According to Chuck , the situation was discussed and understood by all parties before the race .

That said , though , I didn't hear any orders during the race , despite reminders from LeClerc near the end .

Speaking of crashes , every time I hear stories about crypto-currency troubles , I think of you .

You all good on that front ?
    This is not a joke , but genuine concern .