Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2022 - Race 20 Mexico

Max goes for the record 14 wins in a season

Checo hopes to blow up Mexico City with a victory

Mclaren and Alpine battle for 4th and 5th

Alfa Romeo and Aston battle for 6th and 7th

Haas and Alpha Tauri battle for 8th and 9th

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    In practice Merc looking like they could be more competative here... I wonder if they are still developing in the off chance that they can catch Ferrari (53 points ahead) or if the car just suits the circuit more.

3. Likes: airshifter (31st October 2022)
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    'ciardo!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

5. Likes: airshifter (31st October 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    'ciardo!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that was awkward at best. It looked like something Latifi might try!

Overall not the most exciting race for sure.

Lewis made it easy for Checo to grab 3rd early on, and from that point all the real action was down the pack below the Ferrari's, who were running in never never land.

I would have paid money to get rid of the commentary of Buxton, who rambled on about Lewis being in control of the race when it was fairly obvious that he wasn't, but I'm glad Hinchcliffe finally woke him up to the fact that RB wasn't stuck on a 2 stop strategy. With Max essentially driving to a time it was apparent to me early on, and the only thing that made me question it was why they didn't extend a little further on the soft.

Sucks for Fred, he had another good race going when the car let go. And despite Danny Ric pulling a bonehead move, he managed to make that long stint pay off when he pulled out a lot of time and made the passes count enough to give him a good result. Surprising to see him better Lando for a change, though late in the game to help his career much. Overall a good weekend for Bottas as well, and good to see him in the points again.

The fights between Alpine and McLaren, as well as AM and Alfa Romeo stay alive, and with the season winding down things can still change. Likewise if Merc stay on form and Ferrari keep blowing it, that WCC position might still be contested.

Max sets the new record for most wins in a season, but needs a couple more to beat Schumacher for the highest percentage of wins. It might be a tough ask, but possible.

7. Likes: Bagwan (1st November 2022)