Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I can think of quite a few snowy Wyedeans when it ran in February....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    I know in the past Hamsterley Forest could never be used during peak summer due to increased numbers of bikers, walkers etc. Wouldn't be surprised if other forests are similar.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (26th January 2023)
    Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    I see Matt Edwards was doing another instructor/ co-driver event yesterday with a guy who owns a Citroen C3 R5.

Poor guy must be gutted having to do this when he cant get support to drive such a car himself.

He is still trying to get a drive in Ireland but is still £1000s short in sponsorship. I suggested he use crowdfunding but he doesn't feel this gives out a good impression.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (26th January 2023)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Isn’t the performance driving instructor thing always been his living? These aren’t professional rally drivers like the British scene used to have in its heyday, they’ll all be earning a living somehow. Matt Edwards is just fortunate enough that his profession still involves driving cars fast

7. Likes: J4MIE (24th January 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Isn’t the performance driving instructor thing always been his living? These aren’t professional rally drivers like the British scene used to have in its heyday, they’ll all be earning a living somehow. Matt Edwards is just fortunate enough that his profession still involves driving cars fast
    True, but it must rub salt into the wound when rich gentlemen can buy an R5 and hire you, a 3x champion, to sit by them when you would/should be driving such a car yourself.

BTW, I also saw Tom Cave is planning some 2023 events in an old Evo9. Another who should be in an R5.

Liked 355 Times in 191 Posts
    https://www.rallies.info/webentry/20...ies.php?type=u

Malcolm Wilson provisional entry list starting to build

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Only 8 entries so far for the BRC counting National rally - 25 entries needed to keep the mileage up:

https://www.malcolmwilson.co.uk/wp-c...023-Regs-3.pdf (page 9)

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    True, but it must rub salt into the wound when rich gentlemen can buy an R5 and hire you, a 3x champion, to sit by them when you would/should be driving such a car yourself.

BTW, I also saw Tom Cave is planning some 2023 events in an old Evo9. Another who should be in an R5.
    It's nothing new. I was servicing on the Welsh International in 1984 and a van pulled up alongside us in the Pembray service area. Out jumped Chris Sclater (https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...chris-sclater/) and Brian Culcheth (https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...rian-culcheth/) servicing for a Citroen Visa. OK, the Visa driver was Mark Lovell (https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/9674-mark-lovell/) but he wasn't that established then and either of his mechanics, in the right car, would have warranted a top ten seeding on the event.

@SteveBoyd
    But those guys weren't 3x BRC Champions and desperate to get (funding for a drive) back at that level...

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hutchie View Post
    I know in the past Hamsterley Forest could never be used during peak summer due to increased numbers of bikers, walkers etc. Wouldn't be surprised if other forests are similar.
    Yorkshire has been like that for years; from memory you'd have the Riponian, the Kall Kwik & North Humberside all run by late March/early April. Then the summer break, and come late September we'd then have the Trackrod, then Malton followed by the RAC/ Roger Albert....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???