Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Yeah, that was my thought as soon as the possibility of snow occurred......It will be the FC who will cancel it.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Update from Osian Pryce....

I’ve been fairly quiet on socials regarding my rally plans this year. There has been a lot been going on behind the scenes and still going on. There have been a lot of set backs than I anticipated, but hopefully if progress improves i’ll be able to share some sort of plan with you.
    Some have probably noticed by now that i’m not on the entry list for the 1st round of the British Championship, and that i wont be defending my crown this year. This is My own choice.
    I thought I’d hop on here and give the reasons why, as i seem to see a lot of “gurus” on social media giving the British Rally Championship a hard time for one reason or another and presuming why I wont be taking part.
    My reason for not defending the title is NOT due to there being no incentives, and lack of competition bla bla bla.
    When you have the likes of Keith Cronin pushing you at the front, theres no lack of competition, there may not be quantity but there is quality.
    My reasoning is more of a personal one. I’ve supported the BRC for over half of my rally career, and i feel now is the time to give something else a go to see how it goes….its now or never.
    I’ve also been looking at things outside of rallying, a few things have sparked my interest over the last few years and i was lucky to enough to try something id always fancied at the end of last week, and needless to say i loved it.
    Ive followed a “path” for as long as I remember so now I’m going to change that path and enjoy some high level of competition in new areas and environments. After all, Rallying so far, is a hobby of mine, and all my family and friends are a massive part of it too, so it’s important we all enjoy it so I can go on and be competitive for years to come.

OP

3. Likes: the sniper (7th March 2023)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    I can see it being cancelled already as with snow Thurs/Fri it’ll all be ice by Saturday. All depends what FC decides.
    And I get the feeling the FC in that part of the country would be the quickest to call time on a rally...

5. Likes: AndyRAC (7th March 2023)
    I think Yorkshire are similar........

Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Riponian was canned a few years back because of wind and the Grizedale Stages because of ice on the access roads. Its a sign of the times as still remember sliding down the Wythop stage on my backside after slipping over in 85 on the RAC and the cars had already gone downhill with that drop before then!
    Last edited by Sal yet again; 7th March 2023 at 16:08.

Looks like all the official car parks for the MW have sold out so if lots of others turn up it could be busy which I guess is to be expected of a rally fan base deprived of seeing the current top level of machinery. Dont think the message re the stage mileage being reduced has been widely broadcast though so could be some disgruntled punters. Hope the weather and potential spectator numbers dont affect the rally.

Sadly I wont be going now as just tested + for Covid! Thanks Wife!

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    My weather app is showing mostly sleet for the area so it might be ok. It will be freezing overnight though.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    I’ve woken up to about 4-6 inches of snow here in Herefordshire, christ knows what it’s like up in the Lakes. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rally North Wales at the end of the month still had some snow drifts about the place

Looking like there will a massive turnout of spectators going by the online chatter so hope the access roads etc are unaffected as there could be issues otherwise.

Entrance to car parks by tickets bought online; You can bet there'll be loads turning up without tickets, some genuinely not knowing. What happens then? Could be chaos....