Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    It's an incomprehensible admission, or even advertisement, of failure. The UK governing body can't even bring itself to form a UK championship. What are they actually trying to achieve?
    What actual involvement does the MSUK have with the running of the BRC? One imagines it's very little......It's left to individual events....

With no event in the all important south east region, a savvy governing body would be looking to introduce an event that ticks off all the boxes for all 'stake holders'. But they'll leave it up to others to do this.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I hope it’s just a stop gap until something more appropriate comes along in late spring/early summer but as it last ran in the BRC for 3 seasons… probably not.

.....combine the Cambrian with Rally North Wales in the last weekend of March for the best stages Wales has to offer all in one rally; and maybe have a bigger spread between Ulster, Ceredigion and Yorkshire.
    That is something that makes sense, so is unlikely to happen. However, Rally North Wales (formerly the Bulldog/Audi Sport) used to be run in October, about 2 weeks before the Cambrian - and personally it seems better in the autumn.

Liked 330 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    What actual involvement does the MSUK have with the running of the BRC? One imagines it's very little......It's left to individual events....

With no event in the all important south east region, a savvy governing body would be looking to introduce an event that ticks off all the boxes for all 'stake holders'. But they'll leave it up to others to do this.....
    Thats the joy of contracting out, when things go well you can bask in the glory however when its the opposite direction of travel blame the promoter. The fact that the "promoter" then has to make money to pay salaries (inflated or not) means that the fees charged to the events and the crews goes up. Judging by the way the current BRC operation works they just tend to report social media content by some competitors and certainly havent engaged with traditional media at all so not sure where the money is going..

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    As far as I'm aware, the organisation/promotion of the BRC was brought 'in-house' by MUSK/IMS a few years ago, following overwhelming recommendations by competitors to do so. (Wasn't there a survey during 2015, the year it didn't run?)

5. Likes: AndyRAC (27th October 2022),the sniper (27th October 2022)
    Interesting - yet it works elsewhere - for example ToCA for the BTCC, SRO for British GT, etc

Can't help but think it's another example of rallying being out of step with the rest of motorsport.....

Liked 330 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prpr View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the organisation/promotion of the BRC was brought 'in-house' by MUSK/IMS a few years ago, following overwhelming recommendations by competitors to do so. (Wasn't there a survey during 2015, the year it didn't run?)
    Looks like I missed that! Really makes it seem worse on the surface then in that case.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (27th October 2022)
    Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    I'm not sure why they're seemingly so keen to have 7 rounds, other than MSUK presumably getting seven lots of fees from events? It'd seem at least one too many, particularly when they've thrown in two non-mainland rounds..

I wasn't around for the glory years, but I don't think I'll ever be convinced that anything other than a 5 or 6 round, Yorkshire, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Ireland and Manx event calendar is the optimum model. The question is only whether you can manage to organise 5 150 to 200km events or have to make do with existing events stepping up a little, as is pretty much currently done.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (30th October 2022)
    I suspect in an ideal world, they'd like 150-200km events; but can't afford to run events of that length. Thinking back to when the BRC was last in a golden era, the F2 years, these were the events:

March; Vauxhall Rally of Wales - Mid/North Wales. No longer runs
    April; Pirelli International Rally - Kielder Forest. Now run as the Kielder Forest Rally, BTRDA, but outside the BRC. 1 day/ 45 miles.
    June; RSAC Scottish Rally - Southern Scottish stages. No longer a BRC event, still counts as a SRC round. 1 day/ 45 miles.
    July; Seat Jim Clark Rally - Duns. BRC, and SRC.
    July; Stena Line Ulster Rally - Antrim. Returns to the BRC next year.
    Sept; Manx International Rally - Isle of Man. Not run since 2017.

The Trackrod was in the BRC from 2002, and has been in, then out, and returned as a BRC round.

I think 6-7 properly promoted events is the optimum number you'd want to see. And I don't think we should have a round in Europe, despite it being a great event.

12. Likes: HKSjbg (30th October 2022)
    Liked 397 Times in 245 Posts
    I wonder whether it’s more feasible for the BRC event to be two 70km events run on the same weekend i.e. a Scottish ch’ship event + plus a BTRDA event or Welsh + BHRC etc. to get 140ish km. Rather than a situation like the Cambrian 2020 when the extra BRC stages had to be cancelled due to not enough entries making it viable?

Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I think 6-7 properly promoted events is the optimum number you'd want to see. And I don't think we should have a round in Europe, despite it being a great event.
    I'd like seven rounds, I just think it's too costly for competitors. It exacerbates the issue of entries falling off as the season progresses. The Cambrian almost might as well have not been in the BRC.