Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Most of the things in the article is bullshit. Only correct thing is maybe they have meet last year in Bahrain during Grand Prix...
    Yeah I get that's your opinion of the article, but you have to state the real reasons if it's not finance. Just in general will do, you dont have to name your sources.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I think it's the old 'use them or lose them'.
    I think the organisers of the recent Grizedale stages will tell you that’s not necessarily the case! Grizedale East was in action for the first time since the 1995 RAC Rally

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    The 2023 Welsh championship has been confirmed:

https://wnrc.wamc.org.uk/

2023 Motorsport UK Pirelli Ravenol Welsh Rally Championship
    25 Mar - Rally North Wales
    15 Apr - Rallynuts Stages Rally
    20 May - Plains Rally
    8 Jul - Nicky Grist Stages
    9 Sep - Woodpecker Stages
    14 Oct - Wyedean Rally
    28 Oct - Cambrian Rally

They’ve dressed up the absence of the Red Kite Stages as “… and only one event taking place over the months of June, July and August, providing plenty of time for mid-season car refurbishments in the summer break.” which is understandable as it’s out of their control. But looking back on this thread it seems there’s a bit of a theme developing with a lack of early summer rallies left in this country. Kielder, Argyll and NG seems all there is between June and early July which leaves a big gap for a few championships

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The Nicky Grist/Quinton, Woodpecker & Cambrian (though that did move to mid February for a few years) are the only events that are on a similar date as 15-20 years ago. All the rest have been moved;

25 Mar - Rally North Wales - Mid/late October.
    15 Apr - Rallynuts Stages Rally - Late May/early June.
    20 May - Plains Rally - Mid/late September.
    8 Jul - Nicky Grist Stages
    9 Sep - Woodpecker Stages
    14 Oct - Wyedean Rally - Early February.
    28 Oct - Cambrian Rally

And I recall the Red Kite being early/ mid January when run in the Epynt forests. Then in April when in Brechfa & Trawscoed in 2010.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    With rising summer temperatures and associated risk of fire if a turbo car goes off think a summer break is perhaps not a bad thing. Dont like getting bitten to death by midges and dust in the camera anyway!

6. Likes: HKSjbg (14th December 2022),the sniper (13th December 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    I reckon it's more about trying to avoid the complaints that inevitably come when competitors get stuck in the dust cloud of the car in front... though if they just allowed 2 minute gaps like the rest of the civilised world does, it wouldn't be a problem anyway

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    I reckon it's more about trying to avoid the complaints that inevitably come when competitors get stuck in the dust cloud of the car in front... though if they just allowed 2 minute gaps like the rest of the civilised world does, it wouldn't be a problem anyway
    Part of the road traffic act in the UK only allows for a max 180 minute convoy I believe from first car. Plus would mean a lot more regrouping waiting for cars ahead to clear stages, and a much longer day for marshals.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Part of the road traffic act in the UK only allows for a max 180 minute convoy I believe from first car. Plus would mean a lot more regrouping waiting for cars ahead to clear stages, and a much longer day for marshals.
    You're partly correct... Schedule 3 of the UK Motor Vehicles (Competitions and Trials) Regulations 1969 specifies standard conditions, one of which is a maximum scheduled interval between the first and last car of 3 hours on daylight events, 2 hours at night.

MSUK have the ability to increase that 'where necessary or expedient', but it can also be side-stepped by running categories within the same event on different permits (like WRGB having a 'National' event tagged on the back).

They manage it everywhere else in the world. I don't understand people's aversion to the idea of giving competitors a reasonable gap in dusty conditions on the island of Great Britain.

10. Likes: the sniper (16th December 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    They manage it everywhere else in the world. I don't understand people's aversion to the idea of giving competitors a reasonable gap in dusty conditions on the island of Great Britain.
    They manage lots of things in the sport better everywhere else in the world; we're miles behind in almost every regard.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

12. Likes: J4MIE (15th December 2022),the sniper (16th December 2022)
    Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Interesting that Stephen Petch has unveiled a Fabia for next year instead of the Festa Rally2. Did think as main Hyundai dealers that he may get an i20. Wonder if we will see any others switching from the Ford.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (24th December 2022),the sniper (25th December 2022)