Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Some new/returning stages again for the Ulster:

https://www.rally-maps.com/Ulster-Rally-2023

It may still be much shorter than any of the ROI rounds but it’s starting to get back to it’s traditional format - looking forward to watching this one

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Some new/returning stages again for the Ulster:

https://www.rally-maps.com/Ulster-Rally-2023

It may still be much shorter than any of the ROI rounds but it’s starting to get back to it’s traditional format - looking forward to watching this one
    I hope it's as competitive as it looks. With Fourmaux and Devine both on the cusp of winning the respective championships I wonder if they will go all-out for the rally win.

Their competitive instincts should mean they do and Fourmaux would still be a hot title favourite even with a non-finish here. However a crash for Devine could let in J.Moffett or Evans in the ITRC

Well Devine only needs 4th or higher to take the title so I’d assume he’s gonna be more sensible in his approach. Fourmaux has got to be the favourite for the overall win even though he’s never been there before

The weather forecast for Friday looks wet so that is another element to consider. The locals will be more used to the dirty corners along with their familiarity with the type of roads. I fancy Josh Moffett for the win.

Fourmaux has some experience in Ireland though...

This is the first time Fourmaux has entered the Northern Ireland Motor Club Ltd event, although seat time on closed-roads in the Republic of Ireland earlier in the year as part of on-going test and development work with the Blue Oval supermini has given him a taste of what he can expect.

“I have already started to work on my event preparation for Ulster and I know it is a mix of the Jim Clark Rally in Scotland and the test road we had in Ireland earlier this year,” added Fourmaux.

“The test that we had with the Fiesta Rally2 will be a really valuable experience. It will help to give us a good set-up base for the Ulster Rally, so we are really looking forward to that event.”

On his Ulster PET:

Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 17th August 2023 at 15:44.

Ulster Rally

⚠️ LIVE STREAM ALERT 📺

These are the only links you need this weekend:

🔵 Facebook
    #UlsterRally - Official Stream
    @IrishTarmacTROA
    - Official Stream
    @BRCrally
    - Re Group Interviews
    @onthepacenoteuk
    - End of Stages Interviews

🔴 YouTube
    https://youtube.com/@irishtarmacrallychampionship

The two Champions-elect having a chat mid-rally..

Both heading for the points they need with 3 stages to go.
    #M-SPORTER

Cambrian regs:

https://cambrianrally.co.uk/content/...E-AUG23_v1.pdf

Clocaenog forest returns for the first time since 2014 - I’m assuming this means Clocaenog-Mid and may well be the 14-miler that ends the interclub event.

Also the National event finishes with a 9-mile stage, though the National rally is 11.34 miles longer than the interclub event… So I’m not sure what’s going on there.

Also apparently there as ‘all-new forest stage’ so I’m keen to see what forest complex that is in. I wonder if it’s never been used before or just never seen action on the Cambrian.

Penmachno, Brenig/Alwen and Cloc are all good, but I’m hoping there’s somewhere different like Dyfnant chucked in there for a bit of variety. The year it got snowed off (2017) the rally ventured as far south as Llangower and Aberhirnant remember…

8. Likes: AndyRAC (20th August 2023),the sniper (21st August 2023)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    I can imagine the 14 mile stage just being a linked up Brenig-Cloc West-Alwen or vice versa, such as on Rally GB 2018, as much as I'd like to see something using Cloc Mid around the windfarm, but we can but hope.

As for the new stage, featuring "an all new forest stage for both [Cambrian] events", they say they're staying entirely Conwy County, so that doesn't give many options! Maybe here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/53...9091?entry=ttu ? I think it was used for the non-RC1 PET on Rally GB for a few years and hosted some kind of rally time trial like event in recent years?

10. Likes: AndyRAC (21st August 2023)
    Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts
    As I understand, the stages being used are Alwen North, Cloc main, Brenig and Elsi. The 14 mile stage is the Cloc main and Brenig stages from the morning loop joined together. The interclub event uses Elsi once, the BRC event uses it twice for the extra few miles.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (21st August 2023),HKSjbg (21st August 2023),the sniper (21st August 2023)
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie106 View Post
    As I understand, the stages being used are Alwen North, Cloc main, Brenig and Elsi. The 14 mile stage is the Cloc main and Brenig stages from the morning loop joined together. The interclub event uses Elsi once, the BRC event uses it twice for the extra few miles.
    That’s pretty much spot on from what I’ve heard too. NWCC and Alyn Edwards must be commended on getting Cloc Main back, they’ve been trying for years !

14. Likes: AndyRAC (22nd August 2023),archie106 (22nd August 2023),HKSjbg (22nd August 2023),the sniper (22nd August 2023)