Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    One of the issues is that if you have a world star coming to the Uk, then it puts off other people who may be wanting to win it.
    I'm not sure this would be the case as most of those likely to enter the BRC this year will just be those with the money behind them to do so, rather than real serious competitors. I reckon doing events with someone like Breen would be something they would love to be able to brag about.

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    One of the issues is that if you have a world star coming to the Uk, then it puts off other people who may be wanting to win it.
    I don't recall entries from the likes of Hannu Mikkola, Stig Blomqvist, Per Eklund, Ari Vatanen or Henri Toivonen in the BRC putting anybody off entering. I think it actually encouraged British & Irish drivers to enter to see how close they could get to the international stars.

3. Likes: Corcaíoch (30th January 2023),HKSjbg (29th January 2023),ouvreur (1st February 2023)
    Galway International entry with 23 cars in RC2...

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries...al-rally-2023/

Matt Edwards was on an Irish rally podcast yesterday (Krunching Gears) explaining how he operates his driver coaching and his tyre advice role with Pirelli.

He also said how hard it is to get funding and how this means he doesn't have the time to chase it with having to work to keep his family.

His aim is still to drive in the ITRC but it's looking pretty unlikely unless a company suddenly gives him backing.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    2023 Protyre BTRDA Asphalt Rally Championship in association with Motorsport News *
    26 February….The Reed Group East Riding Stages Rally
    12/13 May….Manx National Rally**
    26/27 May….Beatson’s Building Supplies Jim Clark Rally
    23/24 June….Dunoon presents Argyll Rally
    22 July….Down Rally
    5/6 August….Nigel Ferguson Fabricators Tour of Epynt
    22 October….Ford Parts Cheviot Stages Rally

https://asphaltrallying.com/2022/11/...ionship/?amp=1
    I just noticed ewrc shows Tour of Epynt as running on the 30th July and came back here to check if it had changed, was sure it was August…

The ToE website is a year out of date but the facebook page has an update: https://m.facebook.com/100063453824904/ Essentially the MoD have forced a change in available date meaning it can no longer be part of the Asphalt Championship as Down runs the week before that.

I wonder if Mewla will be brought in to replace it? Running on the August bank holiday greatly reduces the gap between the final two rounds.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The Tour of Epynt used to be mid March; and late July/early August was the Harry Flatters; what happened to that event?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    I don't recall entries from the likes of Hannu Mikkola, Stig Blomqvist, Per Eklund, Ari Vatanen or Henri Toivonen in the BRC putting anybody off entering. I think it actually encouraged British & Irish drivers to enter to see how close they could get to the international stars.
    Changed days now though. Most back then wouldn’t have been spending anything like the ludicrous modern day costs of being near the top.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    The Tour of Epynt used to be mid March; and late July/early August was the Harry Flatters; what happened to that event?
    Nothing on the Brecon Motor Club website before 2019 but again facebook is more up to date; https://m.facebook.com/100062987602782/

I’d copy and paste more but the gist is the event is being ‘rested’ which in my mind means the MoD won’t accommodate them any more and the event is unlikely to return. Dixies Challenge still runs at the start of May though so there’s still 3 tarmac rallies up on Epynt

10. Likes: AndyRAC (1st February 2023)
    Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I wonder if Mewla will be brought in to replace it? Running on the August bank holiday greatly reduces the gap between the final two rounds.
    From what I gather championship calendars can no longer be changed after they've been submitted to Motorsport UK, so I don't think they will be able to swap in Mewla.

Ah OK is that why there have been specific reserve events nominated in recent years? (Carlise for the SRC, Mull for the BRC)

13. Likes: J4MIE (1st February 2023)