Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    2nd place for Matt Edwards on his 2023 'comeback' in the Irish National Championship Midland Moto Stages.

A great result in the Fiesta beating of both the Moffett's (i20s) and just 10s behind the Polo of Devine.

Liked 399 Times in 247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    It's the BRC, it's meant to be hard...98km in a day shouldn't be thought of as unfair. One concludes that too many have become used to 45 miles (72km) BTRDA events......
    The BRC really ought not to be catering for those who are only prepared to do a 45 mile rally, it’s meant to be the top rung of the sport in this country.

It should be positioned towards those semi-professionals who aren’t quite at WRC level yet or have had their chance and accept they should step back into another strong championship. Østberg went to do the Hungarian championship, Kristensson went to Poland, the French championship has loads of top WRC-2/former WRC-2 level drivers, Breen is doing the Portuguese championship…

It’s not easy, but still not impossible to add value to those pro/semi-pro competitors who fancy the challenge of British forests and lanes. MSUK’s stance appears to be ‘we’ll make an effort to edge slightly away from clubman-level events and hope that the competitors and sponsors take a leap of faith on the BRC so we don’t have to put the real hard work in to make this a credible domestic championship again’

3. Likes: AndyRAC (5th March 2023)
    Liked 541 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Btw, anyone know what's happened to Rhys Yates ? Not heard any plans from him for ages and he was one of the better-funded young drivers we had.
    Having heard of some quite disturbing behaviour at a BTRDA awards evening a few years back, I hope he is having a quite miserable future ahead of him. Dickhead.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

5. Likes: AndyRAC (5th March 2023),Sal yet again (5th March 2023)
    Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Ah Greystoke, which is of course not a spectator stage......

Never feel the Malcolm Wilson is the most 'spectator friendly' event. The Whinlatter stages are quite early, then it's a drive south to get to Grizedale.
    The Greystoke stage becoming non-spectator was a real blow for spectators on the event. Greystoke was always a relatively easy forest to access from the M6 with decent view points. I've marshalled in the Whinlatter area and they are great stages with good viewing points, but with the restriction of running so early it was a mad early start to the day.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (6th March 2023)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hutchie View Post
    The Greystoke stage becoming non-spectator was a real blow for spectators on the event. Greystoke was always a relatively easy forest to access from the M6 with decent view points. I've marshalled in the Whinlatter area and they are great stages with good viewing points, but with the restriction of running so early it was a mad early start to the day.
    Yes, I'd agree with that. I recall when Whinlatter was run morning and afternoon; then it became one run in the morning, then it became early morning.....so the FC can re-open mid morning for walkers/MTB-ers.
    Having been to Greystoke, there were issues with parking on verges, which may have caused the issue.
    As I said earlier, for a BRC round, it's not spectator friendly; they should be trying to reduce traffic on the local roads, and run some spectator stages twice.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    2nd place for Matt Edwards on his 2023 'comeback' in the Irish National Championship Midland Moto Stages.

A great result in the Fiesta beating of both the Moffett's (i20s) and just 10s behind the Polo of Devine.
    A very happy man !

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpa9QZwj...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Gary Pearson 2023 BRC campaign... with Dan Barritt alongside !

https://www.britishrallychampionship...c-win-in-2023/

Liked 399 Times in 247 Posts
    Reading further down this article on Kieth Cronin it appears Adrien Fourmaux is doing the championship, just nobody is sure how many rounds he’ll do:

https://www.britishrallychampionship...-brc-comeback/

Snowy weather forecast this week for Cumbria !
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 541 Times in 194 Posts
    I can see it being cancelled already as with snow Thurs/Fri it’ll all be ice by Saturday. All depends what FC decides.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

14. Likes: AndyRAC (7th March 2023)