Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I do not really know how things changed so much so quickly.

In the beginning of the season, there was enthusiasm and anticipation and we were hearing that many countries want to host a WRC round and it was an almost healthy environment.

What changed so radically after Croatia and everyone says WRC is dying?

To be honest, I also lost my interest recently and I don’t know why…

2. Likes: cali (16th May 2023)
    Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    because last rally was boring.If the next rally has competition people will not moan.
    Of course i am not saying that wrc is ok.

4. Likes: becher (16th May 2023),cali (16th May 2023),Eli (17th May 2023),EstWRC (16th May 2023),lancia037 (19th May 2023),seb_sh (17th May 2023),TWRC (16th May 2023),WRC1 (16th May 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    This guy says Lindholm to Hyundai to compete with Rally1. https://twitter.com/rallyspynews/sta...98470934609920

Liked 1,614 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    This guy says Lindholm to Hyundai to compete with Rally1. https://twitter.com/rallyspynews/sta...98470934609920
    A Twitter account with 3 tweets...

Let's assume, it will be Lindholm. First positive thing is, entire world can enjoy more Reeta's pacenote delivery

But where could be the logic behind this? It must be really long-term vision and hope then. And on the other hand, it would be really hard to swallow to guys like Suninen and Mikkelsen.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    A Twitter account with 3 tweets...

Let's assume, it will be Lindholm. First positive thing is, entire world can enjoy more Reeta's pacenote delivery

But where could be the logic behind this? It must be really long-term vision and hope then. And on the other hand, it would be really hard to swallow to guys like Suninen and Mikkelsen.
    with one of those tweets knowing that Tänak is testing the Puma two weeks before contract was published. Also the guess about Hyundai lineup seems to match what other people "knew" at the time and what Mikkelsen has mentioned later.

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    with one of those tweets knowing that Tänak is testing the Puma two weeks before contract was published. Also the guess about Hyundai lineup seems to match what other people "knew" at the time and what Mikkelsen has mentioned later.
    Yep. The Tänak post was based on the rumour that OT had been seen in Tallinn airport with a helmet bag, and the Hyundai lineup was wrong. I wouldn't bet my life on that Lindholm rumour, even if it does sort of make sense.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Also the follower list is interesting. Anyway, it's on the internet could be anything.

If true, like meh wrote it's going to be a bitter pill for Mikkelsen and Suninen. On the other hand i guess the idea would be to go with someone new instead of "known quantities".

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    That's about the only point going for it though. (Lindholm being "new" with unknown future potential).

Everything else seems wrong. He got the title last year due to lots of luck and so far this year he doesn't confirm he has speed or reliability to defend it vs tougher competition.

Even Solberg did multiple rallies in WRC car before getting nominated for points. Putting Lindholm right for point scoring mid season is as big or bigger risk for both sides.

Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    because last rally was boring.If the next rally has competition people will not moan.
    Of course i am not saying that wrc is ok.
    This

People are craving constant interest and excitement from their sport and media these days and as soon as it stops they immediately moan or move on.

WRC All Live has a case to answer too. Watching every stage means means many will have no big drama.

Before WRC+ we followed times or listened to rally radio while doing other things and then watched the best bits later on a highlights show. This gave an impression that events were constantly exciting when of course they really weren't.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    This

People are craving constant interest and excitement from their sport and media these days and as soon as it stops they immediately moan or move on.

WRC All Live has a case to answer too. Watching every stage means means many will have no big drama.

Before WRC+ we followed times or listened to rally radio while doing other things and then watched the best bits later on a highlights show. This gave an impression that events were constantly exciting when of course they really weren't.
    But WRC+ have to live up to that fact. Now they are clipping driver who enters a corner just to show 10 secs of wheelspinning at start... Some changes needed...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: Andre Oliveira (18th May 2023),b3637853 (17th May 2023)