Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I suspect NOT is both professionally unsuccessful and economically poor on top of a being a shit driver. No wonder he hates on Jourdan... Many people need to look inward to their problems....
    Nothing of that.
    I don´t know NOT personally, but he represents one side of the palette of fans. The other side are those who cherish everything said about drivers, cars, photos, without any questioning. Both sides are needed.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: AndyRAC (6th April 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Nothing of that.
    I don´t know NOT personally, but he represents one side of the palette of fans. The other side are those who cherish everything said about drivers, cars, photos, without any questioning. Both sides are needed.
    Yes - and it's possible to be both. Hugely supportive of drivers, teams, the sport as a whole - but also be critical when needed.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

5. Likes: cali (6th April 2023),Corcaíoch (6th April 2023),Kenneth (6th April 2023),Rallyper (6th April 2023)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    That's it:
    ,,If you could, you would, wouldn’t you?''

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Huge blow to the WRC? Huge blow may have been when McRae or Auriol or Loeb left, or when Mitsubishi or Seat or Skoda pulled out, but not now, come on
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

8. Likes: AnttiL (6th April 2023),MarkT (6th April 2023),the sniper (6th April 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Those who hang on every word published by 'rally journalists' who function more as an extension of teams' and drivers' PR departments are bad enough, we can all laugh at them, but I kind of understand how they can be taken in by it. Unless you're involved in some capacity, or spend a bit of time digging into stories, unfortunately the majority of what you can see and hear is just PR bullshit.

Intensely hating on a guy for doing something he loves - and spending an absolute truckload of cash to do so, funding young drivers and keeping a WRC team alive in the process... this I don't understand at all. And I don't think you need to know anything about rallying to see how unnecessary it is.

So many people go their whole lives wishing to do what Serderidis is doing. He's put more back into the sport this year alone than 99% of people could manage in ten lifetimes. Yes, he's slow. Yes, other people would be faster - quite a lot faster. But he doesn't have aspirations to be a world champion. He doesn't post deluded nonsense all over social media, as many others do. Just like the Gus Greensmiths and Lorenzo Bertellis of this world, he's not stealing a seat from anyone 'more deserving', quite the opposite. He's just an old guy living his dream.

To compare him to Paulo Nobre or Natalie Barrett is really unfair - neither of those have put a cent towards any young drivers from their home countries. And unlike Barrett, he's never melted an exhaust manifold through being off the throttle for so long while using anti-lag
    Last edited by ouvreur; 6th April 2023 at 14:42. Reason: Exhaust, not inlet manifold

10. Likes: bomber21 (6th April 2023),cali (6th April 2023),Jarek Z (6th April 2023),lancia037 (11th April 2023),Maui J. (7th April 2023),Rally Hokkaido (6th April 2023),the sniper (6th April 2023),TWRC (11th April 2023)
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    To compare him to Paulo Nobre or Natalie Barrett is really unfair - neither of those have put a cent towards any young drivers from their home countries.
    I don't know if Paulo Nobre has supported any young drivers, but at least he was trying to fight on the stages. Try to watch this video without smiling
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofDb2F-qNWw
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

12. Likes: bomber21 (6th April 2023)
    Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Huge blow to the WRC? Huge blow may have been when McRae or Auriol or Loeb left, or when Mitsubishi or Seat or Skoda pulled out, but not now, come on
    Yes, i was reading that long and poetical piece of writing work and could not get where the h.... the blow comes from?! Am i missing smth here?

14. Likes: AnttiL (6th April 2023),Jarek Z (9th April 2023)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    And unlike Barrett, he's never melted an inlet manifold through being off the throttle for so long while using anti-lag
    Sorry for the OT but I've never heard this story, actually I've never considered the possibility of damaging something by being off the throttle for too long! But how could it damage the inlet manifold? Shouldn't it be the exhaust manifold the one put in a critical state by antilag?

16. Likes: cali (6th April 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Sorry for the OT but I've never heard this story, actually I've never considered the possibility of damaging something by being off the throttle for too long! But how could it damage the inlet manifold? Shouldn't it be the exhaust manifold the one put in a critical state by antilag?
    That's my error... it was indeed the exhaust manifold!

18. Likes: cali (6th April 2023),focus206 (6th April 2023)