Page 37 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc...Z5POQ9Oo9DAfN8

“It is now clear that our line-up is what we will go with for the season,” said Latvala, referencing Friday morning’s announcement. “But, of course we have been considering that - on [seven] events where we have a fourth car available - we would consider a renting option."

So Katsuta will have 7 events in the main team.
    Well, I’m quite positive about them nominating Katsuta in the main team (even partially)
    But on the other hand, I’m very disappointed about Toyota that they didn’t use the 7 available drives on the 4th car to help a young driver to step up (Lindholm or another one); really disappointing behavior from the brand, not really showing any interest for the future of the rally. I can understand they want a Japanese full-time but they should have at least 3 other cars everytime.

Only hope now is that a young driver find a way to fund a part-time season in this car; but it is necessarily reducing the scope of drivers able to do so (and it should be more M-Sport’s situation)
    Last edited by Danny0405; 19th November 2022 at 16:06.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    If indeed Tanak returns to Ford, he's driving for the main M-Sport Ford squad no doubt. They may send a Puma to M-Sport Poland and back RedGrey into a separate entry for Solberg with Monster as the main sponsor.
    So, it goes something like this;
    M-Sport Ford WRT
    Tanak/Greensmith (full season)
    Loeb/Loubet(shared 3rd car/option for 4th)
    Monster/RedGrey/M-Sport Poland
    Oliver (full season?)
    Huttunen and/or Fourmaux (WRC2 and selective Rally 1 entries)

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    If indeed Tanak returns to Ford, he's driving for the main M-Sport Ford squad no doubt. They may send a Puma to M-Sport Poland and back RedGrey into a separate entry for Solberg with Monster as the main sponsor.
    So, it goes something like this;
    M-Sport Ford WRT
    Tanak/Greensmith (full season)
    Loeb/Loubet(shared 3rd car/option for 4th)
    Monster/RedGrey/M-Sport Poland
    Oliver (full season?)
    Huttunen and/or Fourmaux (WRC2 and selective Rally 1 entries)
    Why would RedGrey/Poland do Monster?

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    I’m quite doubtful M-Sport will risk his relations with RedBull for just a customer Monster-car.
    Except if Monster is really paying everything for hiring Tanak and having a consistent team but I’m quite doubtful they can (I would see more Red Bull in that role) or if RedBull is totally abandoning M-Sport after this bad season (but with Loeb in the mix, I think it’s highly not probable).

So for Solberg, I would more see a Monster deal for the part-time 4th Toyota (all the more interesting for him that we know Ogier won’t make the Nordic rallies). Makes sense for both Toyota (having the 4th car everywhere) and Solberg I think.
    However, not really clear what Latvala is saying by «*only in renting*»: does he mean renting the car on renting the car + some team to exploit it? Because clearly, with the complexity of these cars, I’m extremely skeptical about just renting the car alone (and the customer having to exploit with his own team).
    Last edited by Danny0405; 20th November 2022 at 12:52.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Why would RedGrey/Poland do Monster?
    So Red Bull can stick with Loeb/M-Sport UK and we can all imagine the Monster/RedGrey/Poland team is an independent entity, just using the same car?

If Red Bull as WRC promoter have any sense, facilitating some kind of fourth team with major investment from an outside, non-manufacturer source is something that should make a lot of sense. If they weren't promoter, then it'd be a non-starter.
    Last edited by the sniper; 20th November 2022 at 15:34.

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    So Red Bull can stick with Loeb/M-Sport UK and we can all imagine the Monster/RedGrey/Poland team is an independent entity, just using the same car?

If Red Bull as WRC promoter have any sense, facilitating some kind of fourth team with major investment from an outside, non-manufacturer source is something that should make a lot of sense. If they weren't promoter, then it'd be a non-starter.
    But why would they encourage a team with their main competitor energy drink as the named sponsor ?

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (20th November 2022)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    But why would they encourage a team with their main competitor energy drink as the named sponsor ?
    I actually doubt that it is even allowed by contract with Red Bull.

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I actually doubt that it is even allowed by contract with Red Bull.
    Maybe they can interrupt the sponsorship or when is going to end by contract?

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    With Loeb and Fourmaux on the team I can't see Monster taking any part in the main team at least.

If Monster were to come in, I guess only Loubet and Greensmith could stay?

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    For the greater good, as promoter, given how perilous the WRC's position is? If they don't, if Monster were to commit to the extent of a two car effort with another manufacturer, they'd be even more likely to get beaten by Monster branded cars. I'm still not sure how invested (in any sense) Red Bull are as a team backer. If they were particularly fussed about winning, they could have easily funded M-Sport enough to actually be competitive. As it is, I imagine their involvement just ensures Loeb is still involved and M-Sport have something going for them, which has a wider value for Red Bull and the WRC as promoter.

I'll give you that it would be a very peculiar situation, but it's only one that is thinkable because of their position as overall promoter. If one manufacturer pulls out, the Championship is currently in serious trouble...
    Last edited by the sniper; 20th November 2022 at 21:05.

12. Likes: becher (20th November 2022),WRC1 (21st November 2022),WRCStan (20th November 2022)