Page 23 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Sweden has been a heritage event with great stages for decades, and its a real shame we have lost that due to lack of snow. However this new event won't be missed in the same way and it is replaceable. I'm not meaning to offend Swedes or people who travel to Sweden regularly for this rally, but I can't be the only one who thinks these stages lack character. If it wasn't for it being a winter wonderland it wouldn't even be considered WRC standard. It was a panic move.
    You wrote exactly in my words. This was a panic move and which municipality was ready to pay more in a rush - it was nothing about the rally, just business....
    Last edited by AndersX; 8th February 2023 at 19:48.

2. Likes: er88 (8th February 2023)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    The first 9km of Botsmark is closed due to ice falling from the windmills i was told by the recce marshall, there's 1 or 2 close to the road..
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    So since 2017 Toyota has won all Rally Sweden events apart 2018 when Thierry won

Thierry, Ott, Kalle and Elfyn have all won the event once since 2017 and Ott also won the Arctic in 2021

Let’s see who will win this year
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Different winners every year since 2016: Ogier, Latvala, Neuville, Tänak, Evans and Rovanperä. Will it continue like that?

6. Likes: cali (9th February 2023),EstWRC (8th February 2023)
    Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Driver interviews. Lappi sounds so down already while Breen sounds way more confident
    https://youtu.be/oAHfEy1SZLk
    Funny how different people hear different things 😃 I actually thought it was just sort of Lappi being Lappi? While on the otherhand I thought Breen sounded a bit flatter than usual, even before the M-Sport questions. He is almost always positive and smiling but I thought it just wasn't quite as convincing this time for some reason. Really hope he has a good weekend because his confidence must be not far off of rock bottom at the moment.

Also while the podcast can be quite annoying at times, credit where its due, Clark/Dirtfish are good at these types of interviews

8. Likes: AnttiL (9th February 2023)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    Also while the podcast can be quite annoying at times, credit where its due, Clark/Dirtfish are good at these types of interviews
    Yeah agreed, some decent questions thrown in from Colin Clark. Not the usual wrc tv questions we get that are so samey or very, very safe. The reporters aren't paid to be drivers best mates or tippy toe around them. Sometimes you have to ask questions that a driver might not like or get irked by (Clark asking Breen about Msport, and specifically about comments made regarding "how Msport now have a winning driver" /asking why Breen felt he had to end the 2yr deal, etc. Or last season when Clark kept pushing Thierry and Hyundai about the lack of team orders in Greece).

CC should've rephrased his questions about the rally being too fast though. The speed isn't the issue the drivers have which he should've picked up, it's the long long straights and lack of proper driveable/interesting corners.

10. Likes: AnttiL (9th February 2023)
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corcaíoch View Post
    Funny how different people hear different things �� I actually thought it was just sort of Lappi being Lappi? While on the otherhand I thought Breen sounded a bit flatter than usual, even before the M-Sport questions. He is almost always positive and smiling but I thought it just wasn't quite as convincing this time for some reason. Really hope he has a good weekend because his confidence must be not far off of rock bottom at the moment.

To be fair Lappi being Lappi usually sounds down like that, Happy Lappi is a rare occasion. Guess he is just a Finn

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts

Rally Sweden 2023

It’s not just how his mood is

There isn’t confidence in his answers at all and says the the same thing what Ott said in betsafe interview that the car starts to surprise when you push it

I wish him the best and hope there isn’t problems for him during the rally

He is one of my favorite characters in the series and it’s sad to see his confidence so low in the beginning of the season already.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 9th February 2023 at 05:23.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    He has great comments, but something must be slightly wrong in the head of a guy that leaves Toyota while they are dominant on his own... two times!

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think Lappi is making little gestures like coughing, touching his face and blinking which kinda hints that he's not comfortable answering the question. But I might be reading into it because I had read EstWRC's comment before watching the video.