Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    yes thats what we are saying... because there are standards in this world... unless you are a drooling autist that belongs in a cage and enjoys seeing a rally1 car going at road speed just because its a rally1 car....
    .......STANDARDS....
    Maybe WRC needs a new fan base, not new manufacturers.....

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post

Still early but could be very difficult rally.
    That's for Tuesday 7th Feb? Seems weird to me, other forecasts aren't showing that kind of temps

https://www.foreca.fi/Sweden/Umea/15vrk
    https://www.foreca.fi/Sweden/Vannas/15vrk (<-- closer to forest stages)

https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/...mmun/Ume%C3%A5
    https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/...C3%A4nn%C3%A4s

https://www.accuweather.com/sv/se/um...5816?year=2023
    https://www.accuweather.com/sv/se/v%...0783?year=2023

To me it looks like a good alternation of plus degrees and freezing to get a good ice base.

Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    .......STANDARDS....
    Maybe WRC needs a new fan base, not new manufacturers.....
    I can't agree with the language NOT is using but I agree with his point. I don't see anything positive in someone cruising like Serderidis. It doesn't look good for spectators and it doesn't create competition. Even if Bertelli and Serderidis drove the same rally, they couldn't compete with each other because they in different leagues, but still Bertelli couldn't compete with Greensmith, for instance. For me it doesn't bring anything positive apart from financial boost to the teams. But let's agree to have different opinion.

As for Serderidis giving the car to Munster, I think that's a mistake as well, too early for him. But hopefully it doesn't create dents on Munster's career.

4. Likes: cali (29th January 2023)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    That's for Tuesday 7th Feb? Seems weird to me, other forecasts aren't showing that kind of temps

To me it looks like a good alternation of plus degrees and freezing to get a good ice base.
    Yeah 7th. Last week was warm around Umea with tenperatures up to +5 so stages should have a pretty good ice base already.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    We need to start a new thread called smth like "Gentlemen drivers in Rally1?" instead of discussing it in this Rally Sweden thread.

Someone? Moderator?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: cali (29th January 2023)
    https://youtu.be/0uDkh70LqdA

Video version of the route preview

9. Likes: Fredouye (29th January 2023)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    We need to start a new thread called smth like "Gentlemen drivers in Rally1?" instead of discussing it in this Rally Sweden thread.

Someone? Moderator?
    Some here seem to be focusing on the wrong aspect with this issue. Gentlemen drivers should be further down the start list. It should be based on prior results/speed as gentlemen drivers can have very different pace. So in a way it is related to specific rallies.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

11. Likes: er88 (30th January 2023)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Some here seem to be focusing on the wrong aspect with this issue. Gentlemen drivers should be further down the start list. It should be based on prior results/speed as gentlemen drivers can have very different pace. So in a way it is related to specific rallies.
    Alright then...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    yes thats what we are saying... because there are standards in this world... unless you are a drooling autist that belongs in a cage and enjoys seeing a rally1 car going at road speed just because its a rally1 car....
    Ah... I understand you point, but Fourmaux finished (overall) behind two WRC2 cars last year but I honestly rather have had that Rally1 car on the grid than not. Dont you?
    And If we really think about it, more than half of the Rally1 drivers cant get close to the top Rally1 drivers anyway so why bother at all? Lets just have a 5 Rally1 cars championship! haha THE SAME DRIVERS have been the "TOP3 to TOP5" overall for basically 7 years already. Seb, Neuville, Ott... Kalle...
    Last edited by lmmjvss; 29th January 2023 at 16:40.

14. Likes: cali (30th January 2023)

Rally Sweden 2023

Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Ah... I understand you point, but Fourmaux finished (overall) behind two WRC2 cars last year but I honestly rather have had that Rally1 car on the grid than not. Dont you?
    And If we really think about it, more than half of the Rally1 drivers cant get close to the top Rally1 drivers anyway so why bother at all? Lets just have a 5 Rally1 cars championship! haha THE SAME DRIVERS have been the "TOP3 to TOP5" overall for basically 7 years already. Seb, Neuville, Ott... Kalle...
    You really can’t tell the difference between Fourmaux and Serderidis?

Last year nine drivers stood on the podium and in addition Greensmith and Solberg had 4th places.

Seven years ago Kalle hadn't even started a WRC event. The top drivers included names like Meeke, Latvala and Mikkelsen who are not driving anymore. Evans and Tänak hadn't yet won a rally.

But it's true that it's difficult to break through to the top level, we've seen many come and try and fail.

But this has nothing to do with gentleman drivers.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 29th January 2023 at 17:07.

16. Likes: lmmjvss (29th January 2023),seb_sh (29th January 2023),steve.mandzij (31st January 2023)