Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    You really can’t tell the difference between Fourmaux and Serderidis?
    Oh, of course I can, mate. I was just pointing out that it shouldnt matter if the privateers are not up there with the top rally1 drivers, because no one actually can. Seb-Ott-Neuville have been the overall top3 in the last 7 years, with Kalle and Elfyn appearing in the mix in the last 2 years, making it the current "top5" drivers, right?). Serderidis got a P6 or P7 in Kenya somehow and that was awesome, in a way. Its cool because he (and Bertelli) were always around. Loubet also struggled A LOT the other years with Hyundai but its now in a better position, even never showing "much" too, at first.
    I hope these appearences make the privateer interest grow in the long run. We cannot have WRC becoming a F1 thing were NO ONE CAN RACE HERE. I dont think Rally should have this mentality. Its just my opinions of course, but I think NOT exagerated in his opinion haha

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    There's no spectator stage maps online like before right? Unless I'm blind.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Oh, of course I can, mate. I was just pointing out that it shouldnt matter if the privateers are not up there with the top rally1 drivers, because no one actually can. Seb-Ott-Neuville have been the overall top3 in the last 7 years, with Kalle and Elfyn appearing in the mix in the last 2 years, making it the current "top5" drivers, right?). Serderidis got a P6 or P7 in Kenya somehow and that was awesome, in a way. Its cool because he (and Bertelli) were always around. Loubet also struggled A LOT the other years with Hyundai but its now in a better position, even never showing "much" too, at first.
    I hope these appearences make the privateer interest grow in the long run. We cannot have WRC becoming a F1 thing were NO ONE CAN RACE HERE. I dont think Rally should have this mentality. Its just my opinions of course, but I think NOT exagerated in his opinion haha
    So you only look at results. Fourmaux cannot finish in top 5 in the overall standings = he is as good as a gentleman driver?

Serderidis was seventh in Safari, but behind Breen and Neuville who used Super rally. Maybe that's the one event in the season where you can get to points by just driving slowly through, and there won't be a big field of WRC2 competitors getting ahead of you.

Liked 2,122 Times in 918 Posts
    It's not drivers' problem, that WRC can't put them a bit further back on starting list..
    + don't moan that cameras are sooo expensive and WRC+ doesn't buy more of them.
    We have only SEVEN rally1 full
    season drivers this season and some people go peanut butter nuts about 1 gent driver per rally..

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    We have only SEVEN rally1 full season drivers this season
    That's actually an interesting number...

2022: 7
    2021: 5
    2020: 7
    2019: 7
    2018: 7
    2017: 5
    2016: 8
    2015: 7
    2014: 8
    2009: 8
    2004: 7
    1999: 6
    1995: 6

Before that we didn't have "full" seasons for anyone, everyone did partial programs. But the point is that 7 is actually a good number of full time drivers (although it could still get smaller during the season), especially for just three teams. Partial drivers have been a thing always. Also, from 1997 to 2016 a team could only enter two drivers.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 29th January 2023 at 20:35.

6. Likes: cali (30th January 2023),seb_sh (30th January 2023)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    So you only look at results. Fourmaux cannot finish in top 5 in the overall standings = he is as good as a gentleman driver?
    It may be my bad english, but no. In the end All Im saying is that I agree that its weird to think that some of u fellas here dont think having privateers in Rally1 is a good thing no matter where they finish the race. Then I just mentioned that the same 3 guys are getting the top3 positions for almost 7 years now and no one seems to care so why one would bother with a privateer finishing behind wrc2 cars?... This is the second time u say that im saying "Fourmaux is bad as Serderidis" and I dont know why u r doing this. I literally NEVER SAID that. But hey... this is the internet, after all. People cannot just chat about stuff from their favorite niche for a while. Everything flows into these weird argumentations where ones simply transform the whole conversation into these passive agressive ego sh1t for no reason at all. Its not the first time... Think im too old for this pointless sh1t.. honestly. Dont bother answering, dude. Im out haha Bye

8. Likes: Hartusvuori (30th January 2023)
    It may be my bad english, but no. In the end All Im saying is that I agree that its weird to think that some of u fellas here dont think having privateers in Rally1 is a good thing no matter where they finish the race. Then I just mentioned that the same 3 guys are getting the top3 positions for almost 7 years now and no one seems to care so why one would bother with a privateer finishing behind wrc2 cars?... This is the second time u say that im saying "Fourmaux is bad as Serderidis" and I dont know why u r doing this. I literally NEVER SAID that. But hey... this is the internet, after all. People cannot just chat about stuff from their favorite niche for a while. Everything flows into these weird argumentations where ones simply transform the whole
    conversation into these passive agressive ego sh1t for no reason at all. Its not the first time... Think im too old for this pointless sh1t.. honestly. Dont bother answering, dude. Im out haha Bye
    You keep talking about Fourmaux as someone who finishes behind WRC2 cars when he actually doesn't do that in the stage times, he just had a bad season with many crashes. He is someone who could win a rally one day. Bertelli and Serderidis will never do that, and they don't even aim at doing that. There's a clear difference. It also looks different to a spectator.

I don't mean to be offensive, but I have a strong opinion about this. Don't ragequit, just state your opinion and we can agree to disagree

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    But hey... this is the internet, after all. People cannot just chat about stuff from their favorite niche for a while. Everything flows into these weird argumentations where ones simply transform the whole conversation into these passive agressive ego sh1t for no reason at all. Its not the first time... Think im too old for this pointless sh1t.. honestly. Dont bother answering, dude. Im out haha Bye
    Agree, my fellow south american. Racing foruns are becoming really annoying overall. Tho we continue using it because Theres no other place to discuss racing without looking like total creeps... Which we all are, actually.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    That's actually an interesting number...

2022: 7
    2021: 5
    2020: 7
    2019: 7
    2018: 7
    2017: 5
    2016: 8
    2015: 7
    2014: 8
    2009: 8
    2004: 7
    1999: 6
    1995: 6

Before that we didn't have "full" seasons for anyone, everyone did partial programs. But the point is that 7 is actually a good number of full time drivers (although it could still get smaller during the season), especially for just three teams. Partial drivers have been a thing always. Also, from 1997 to 2016 a team could only enter two drivers.
    facts small correction: between 2001-2003 teams would nominate 3 drivers as now.

12. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    It may be my bad english, but no. In the end All Im saying is that I agree that its weird to think that some of u fellas here dont think having privateers in Rally1 is a good thing no matter where they finish the race. Then I just mentioned that the same 3 guys are getting the top3 positions for almost 7 years now and no one seems to care so why one would bother with a privateer finishing behind wrc2 cars?... This is the second time u say that im saying "Fourmaux is bad as Serderidis" and I dont know why u r doing this. I literally NEVER SAID that. But hey... this is the internet, after all. People cannot just chat about stuff from their favorite niche for a while. Everything flows into these weird argumentations where ones simply transform the whole conversation into these passive agressive ego sh1t for no reason at all. Its not the first time... Think im too old for this pointless sh1t.. honestly. Dont bother answering, dude. Im out haha Bye
    Literally everyone here wants more proper rally1 cars competing, I think there may be a language barrier where you are misunderstanding the intent. What some people are saying and I agree is we don't want to see Rally1 "tourists" driving slowly on the live feed instead of high quality competitors in WRC2. You keep saying privateers but Loubet when he was in Hyundai 2C and Serderidis are not the same kind of drivers, they are simply not in the same category.

14. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2023)