Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2022 - Race 19 USA (Austin)

Championship is over, probably some good mid-field battles, but I suspect the next two weeks will be all about the siht show that is the FIA.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Championship is over, probably some good mid-field battles, but I suspect the next two weeks will be all about the siht show that is the FIA.
    You spelled "siht" wrong .

Don't be sad . You're going to a race soon , dude !

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Forget the circus, just enjoy the race. Austin is a great track and if you've never been to a race before the atmosphere alone is worth it for most. I think Tazio and someone went to Austin a few years back now.

I think the track has a great mix of features, and I was glad the US didn't screw it up when they built it. I guess they saved that for Miami and probably Las Vegas!

The latest drama doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully you will see some good racing no matter what the media and circus clowns are cooking up!

4. Likes: Mia 01 (11th October 2022)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyone know whether cars can be parked overnight in lots that are not designated camping lots....? Thinking about sleeping in my car to save myself a few hours of sitting in traffic/driving back and forth between COTA and San Antonio..... ��

With Ferrari on the pole again how long will it take Carlos to be passed by Max?

This will be the best shot for a Mercedes podium in a while, I wonder if they will pull it off with people charging from behind?

7. Likes: N. Jones (23rd October 2022)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    'troll

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    I don't see why russel would deserve a penalty. As far as i can see sainz spun into his way.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    'tifi

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    With Ferrari on the pole again how long will it take Carlos to be passed by Max?

This will be the best shot for a Mercedes podium in a while, I wonder if they will pull it off with people charging from behind?
    The answer is - not long!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Well that race was boring as crap.... until the 1st turn!

George takes out another one, and as usual all the other drivers fault in his mind. Maybe he should try not running deep with the wheels locked. In all fairness, a really strange line by Carlos, and I think he thought he could actually get under Max. Not the best move for a 1st turn. Both Carlos and George made desperate moves when they didn't need to and paid a price. TBH I don't think Sainz has the head for a top drive yet, he keeps tossing away opportunity. George seemed to have a cooler head at the start of the season, so maybe he is feeling the pressure of Lewis picking up the pace and beating him.

From there it looked like it actually might be a bit boring until the Safety Cars came out. That brought Leclerc back up into the fight, and bunching the pack up a couple times seemed to get things rolling a little bit again.

That launch of Alonso was scary, I thought for sure he would blow over. Amazing that he hit the barrier and they got the car back out and running strong with so little work. I would put that incident 90/10 on Stroll, and only the 10% on Alonso due to the fact that he should have considered it was Stroll he was passing. Stroll ended up getting a 3 grid place penalty for the next race, and sadly Alonso picked up a 90 second penalty due to the mirror flying off. I don't really have a problem with that put no doubt the impact caused it. You could tell even the old wiley one Alonso was shaken up a bit in his voice after the off. At least he came out without injury.

Perez did ok considering losing the endplate and not having a gap to change the nose. It seemed he really couldn't challenge very well today, but scooped up some points. Lewis made the best of the situation and it looked like me might even have a chance at a win, but Max chased him down when the medium tires held up for him. I thought for sure as laps went past that the tire advantage would sway to Hamilton, but not today. A good recovery drive by George after his first lap lapse.

Really the entire top 10 had strong drives today. Stroll should have been up there but blew it, and with Lando, Seb, Yuki, KMag, and Ocon all in the top 10 it's probably fair to say they worked just as hard as those in the top 5. Bummer that Alonso wasn't in there, as that was one heck of a recovery for him after the impact.

I watched the ESPN coverage on DVR because I can pause, and was quickly reminded of how much I hate Croft. He often gets himself so excited he doesn't even know what is really happening on track, as was the case today. And his love for anything British is just over the top stupid at times.

I hope that F1nKS enjoyed the race in person as much as I enjoyed it this year on TV. Overall a really good USGP if you ask me.

13. Likes: Bagwan (24th October 2022),Mia 01 (24th October 2022)