Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Hmm.. F2 champion 2019, Formula E champion 22 and a recent impressive display in the Williams filling in for Albon... I'd say he has put forward a decent case to be offered a seat. Why do you not think he is deserving of the chance?
    I actually can't think of a driver more deserving of a seat in F1 than DeVries.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Hmm.. F2 champion 2019, Formula E champion 22 and a recent impressive display in the Williams filling in for Albon... I'd say he has put forward a decent case to be offered a seat. Why do you not think he is deserving of the chance?
    Yeah, I guess I may be off on this opinion.

Nyck de Vries admits world champion, Dutch countryman and friend Max Verstappen "put in a good word for me" that ultimately led to a 2023 Formula 1 contract. Max was already very enthusiastic after the race, not only to the media but also within Red Bull."

For his part, Marko said Red Bull would have retained Gasly if a driver of de Vries' calibre hadn't become available.

"For us, it's all about performance," he told Sport1.

"Our own juniors didn't perform well enough this year to deserve a promotion. De Vries, on the other hand, impressed both in Formula E and in Monza.
    https://www.grandprix.com/news/verst...2023-seat.html