Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    looking at those images, lindholm should be penalized for not stopping and helping like Kajetanowicz did.
    Finally I have seen the whole video. For me the biggest mistake is on side of Sarrazin (not only for crashing), but mainly not showing what exactly he really wants. For both Emil and Kajto he is showing them slow down or stop, but never shown anything else (everything is ok, you can go or we need help etc), only closing door for Lindholm to allow him to pass the car. So, for me, there is no clear sign that everything is ok, so Lindholm should stop on the scene and properly check the situation. Like Kajto really did.

And for me, this is much worse situation that Gryazin/Herczig in Hungary (but like I wrote in the past, solution of that situation and penalty was a big bad joke from stewards).

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    only closing door for Lindholm to allow him to pass the car
    That's the main thing for me... what better sign could you get that the driver does not need you to stop, than doing his best to clear the way for you to drive through?

3. Likes: cali (27th October 2022),wyler (27th October 2022)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    That's the main thing for me... what better sign could you get that the driver does not need you to stop, than doing his best to clear the way for you to drive through?
    Although i agree that clearing the way seems to indicate that everything is ok, that is not what the rules say.

Lindholm should have stopped to check, but sarrazin should have made that more clear.

5. Likes: Tom K (28th October 2022)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Closing door is for sure not the clear sign that everything is ok. Not only according to regulations, but it can also means to allow the driver to car the park later as it can stand on dangerous place.

7. Likes: Tom K (28th October 2022)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Closing door is for sure not the clear sign that everything is ok. Not only according to regulations, but it can also means to allow the driver to car the park later as it can stand on dangerous place.
    sorry but if i 'd need help i'd never let a car pass past me...
    no danger in leaving it there. there was plenty of people to stop other cars.

Liked 309 Times in 149 Posts
    Did you:

a) read the rules?
    b) hear anything about the post-accident shock? Lindholm was at the scene about 63 seconds (Sarrazin was about 3 s faster on the previous sector) after the crash. Sarrazin needed some time to get out of the car, and go to the co-driver side. So we can assume he had about 40 seconds to evaluate the situation.

Both Sarrazin and Lindholm did not follow the rules. And even if 20 spectators are telling you to go, you cannot when OK/SOS is not shown. As simply as that.

The best part of it is, that Toksport went to Stewards to get back time and they got it.

10. Likes: CWJ (28th October 2022),WRC1 (30th October 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    53.3.2 Any crew which sees a car which has suffered an accident and the OK
    sign is not shown, shall immediately and without exception
    stop to render assistance.

OK, but,

53.3.4 Should it not be possible, or for whatever reason, to display
    the OK/SOS board in any of the above situations, this may
    be replaced by an evident and clearly understandable sign
    language shown by the crew outside of the car:
    - an arm and thumb up to indicate "OK"
    - crossed arms above the head to indicate "SOS".

Something about the wording means that an unconscious crew may be the reason why the board isn't showing and that's also why they weren't evidently and clearly showing the arms SOS sign language, and the following car can not be punished as breaking rules for not stopping.

Lindholm can demonstrate that Sarrazin was using sign language 'for whatever reason', and, evidently did not have crossed arms above his head but his arm was up... it's only then about the positioning of a thumb. Hard to blame Lindholm when Sarrazin was flapping his hand about.

Besides, if an OK display is not as good as the A3 board, what's the point in having it? https://youtu.be/iDWseIQE42U?t=371
    Yellow puts the thumb argument back.
    Red, we would have known.

Any Finn's have onboard access? Reeta says .... ohhhhh ohhh STOP STOP, ...., Emil says something, then she says ey OK, GO!
    Last edited by WRCStan; 29th October 2022 at 00:22.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Any Finn's have onboard access? Reeta says .... ohhhhh ohhh STOP STOP, ...., Emil says something, then she says ey OK, GO!
    Emil asks "Should we just stop?" and Reeta just says "No keep at it"

13. Likes: Tom K (29th October 2022)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    It's all very easy afterwards. I speak from experience, it all goes so quickly, you have 1 or 2 seconds to judge the situation and make a decision. I've (we've, you are 2 in the car) made the wrong decision before as well.
    If you stop there can always be some discussion about the notional time you get, so the first reflex is always to try to continue.

15. Likes: AnttiL (29th October 2022),TWRC (30th October 2022)
    Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    This was a very hight risk for Lindholm and there is only one solution. If you dont see a thumb up or "OK" sign, just stop! Every experienced codriver should make that clear in a situation like that.

Its nearly professional racing, so they should decide a strategy for that in advance: if you stop, Kajto need to stop as well... no disadvantage possible.

17. Likes: cali (30th October 2022),WRC1 (30th October 2022)