Janner - Austria Snow/tarmac
    Azores or Madeira - Portugal-Gravel/Tarmac
    Circuit of Ireland - UK- Tarmac
    Poland - Gravel
    Ypres- Belgium - Tarmac
    Tuscany - Italy -Gravel
    Mont Blanc - France - Tarmac
    Cyprus - Gravel

This would seem to suit the home countries of a lot of the drivers currently competing. I've included Cyprus which I know is controversial due to the stage conditions however it allows for a big end of season party in the relative warmth!

2. Likes: WRC1 (29th September 2022)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    I’d like Janner too but i think there were some issues with that being so soon after Christmas and too early in the year to have sponsorship finalised etc?

Also, you can’t leave out Barum!

Liked 228 Times in 119 Posts
    Are island rallies out of calendar really bad think? I mean, sure, they are awesome, but I can imagine that costs of them are insane for drivers that are often tight on budget.

Liked 307 Times in 148 Posts
    It was said multiple times here, that (especially for teams from central Europe) doing Fafe and Spanish mainland rally versus Azores and Canarias, did not cause significant increase in costs. Cargo and couple of flight tickets were given for free. Apparently the problem is long time when they have cars abroad.

Liked 330 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I’d like Janner too but i think there were some issues with that being so soon after Christmas and too early in the year to have sponsorship finalised etc?

Also, you can’t leave out Barum!
    I know maybe if we replaced the French round (they could use Ypres as their nearest round) then the Barum would be the best fit. If we persuaded Jan K to retire then there wouldnt be as many crashes with people trying to catch him!!

7. Likes: RS (28th September 2022)
    Liked 310 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Are island rallies out of calendar really bad think? I mean, sure, they are awesome, but I can imagine that costs of them are insane for drivers that are often tight on budget.
    I was involved in running the Manx International Rally when it was a Coefficient 20 round of the European Championship in the 1990's. Very few of the leading European Championship contenders ever entered because it was late in the season and expensive to get to (ferry to UK and another ferry from UK to IoM). The event relied on IoM Government backing with most entires from the British International Championship and the Irish Tarmac International Championship. In the current economic climate, similar events aren't viable without a major sponsor and subsidised entries for championship contenders.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (29th September 2022),HKSjbg (29th September 2022),the sniper (29th September 2022)
    Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    I was involved in running the Manx International Rally when it was a Coefficient 20 round of the European Championship in the 1990's. Very few of the leading European Championship contenders ever entered because it was late in the season and expensive to get to (ferry to UK and another ferry from UK to IoM). The event relied on IoM Government backing with most entires from the British International Championship and the Irish Tarmac International Championship. In the current economic climate, similar events aren't viable without a major sponsor and subsidised entries for championship contenders.
    Times are different. Now there are not so big sponsors able to pay almost whole of the rally like in the past. Currently the most important for bringing money are competitors. And on higher levels like WRC or ERC it is government who must give the money...

Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    Calendar wise I'd like something like this :

Poland - Gravel
    Ypres- Belgium - Tarmac
    Tuscany - Italy -Gravel
    Cyprus - Gravel

This would seem to suit the home countries of a lot of the drivers currently competing. I've included Cyprus which I know is controversial due to the stage conditions however it allows for a big end of season party in the relative warmth!
    I'd do something similar, just add Barum Czech Rally Zlín into the mix and Greece if it somehow gets kicked out of the WRC after 2023.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    Calendar wise I'd like something like this :

Poland - Gravel
    Ypres- Belgium - Tarmac
    Tuscany - Italy -Gravel
    Cyprus - Gravel

Also iconic Rally Piancavallo in Italy, max coefficient in previous Erc

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    Also iconic Rally Piancavallo in Italy, max coefficient in previous Erc
    in italy rally of rome is hard to be replaced.