Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2022 - Race 16 Italy (Monza)

How will Alpha Tauri and RBR collude to get Max the win?

Can Russell make a push for 2nd in the constructors? Only trails Leclerc and Perez by 13.

Is Ricciardo's continuing (non)performance mean he is out of racing in 2023?

Is Herta's rumor going to Alpha Tauri due to Andretti buying the team?

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    How will Alpha Tauri and RBR collude to get Max the win?
    I heard the sun would heat the track just the right amount, and cows would fart just right amount of methane to help.

Albon out with appendicitis - opportunity for Devries.

9 drivers taking engine penalties again should spice the race up a bit. Tsunoda also has penalties included for reprimands and penalty ignoring yellow flags.

Latifi should be done with DeVries coming in an out qualifying him with no practices. That had to seal his fate if it had not already been.

5. Likes: N. Jones (12th September 2022),truefan72 (11th September 2022)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    This how the race should end and it just brings up so much anger about Abu Dhabi. And of course Max benefits. Just bitter.
    Congrats to Devries. If I were Williams, Latifi would be fired after today and replaced with DeVries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Also what are sky going on about?
    Ferrari absolutely blew the strategy. They made the wrong call to pit LeClerc under the VSC and effectively lost the lead because of that. The Ferrari was a faster car than the RBR but were never gonna win with a 2 stop strategy. And they really seem unsure of what to do and keep relying on the drivers to make the decision. SMH

you can't argue with results.

I don't understand the European way of thinking of how they approach sporting events from football with their "extra time" and Formula 1, where you let a race run out on a safety car. These are not in the spirit of the sport.

It is car racing, not Sunday driving.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I don't understand the European way of thinking of how they approach sporting events from football with their "extra time" and Formula 1, where you let a race run out on a safety car. These are not in the spirit of the sport.

It is car racing, not Sunday driving.
    Unlike football , where the players may have the extra "gas" for added time , you can't add laps to the race as they could run out of fuel .

It's a pretty tricky situation , so close to the end of the race , but it appears they should have called either the safety car or a red flag sooner .
    I guess they missed Max , and had to run them around again to pick him up , which burned another lap , which led to the white flag .

Given that occurred , rules perhaps need changing to make it more likely to red flag in that situation , but it's a complicated , and extremely highly pressurized moment in time that we are now looking at in hindsight .

It's a bummer for us , and it all might have been different , had the Badger car not been stuck in gear , making it impossible for the marshals to clear .
    Hey , didn't that Badger work for those nasty Bulls at one time ?
    He's probably still on the payroll , as leaving it in gear took away any chance of at least one flying lap , where George and Charles might have had a shot at Max .
    Dirty Badger .

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    This how the race should end and it just brings up so much anger about Abu Dhabi. And of course Max benefits. Just bitter.
    Congrats to Devries. If I were Williams, Latifi would be fired after today and replaced with DeVries

They should have cleared the car sooner and given us at least one last lap with all three cars going for it. Sadly it wasn't to be. I'd wager that Russell could have jumped LeClerc if that had happened.

I'm sure conspiracy theorists will find some way to hate on this as well.

The Dutch have a lot to celebrate tonight,

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Hey , didn't that Badger work for those nasty Bulls at one time ?
    He's probably still on the payroll , as leaving it in gear took away any chance of at least one flying lap , where George and Charles might have had a shot at Max .
    Dirty Badger .

You do realize that max haters would actually believe this?

12. Likes: Bagwan (12th September 2022)