Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Anyone know why, even with it being out outside, that the track didn't dry that fast?
    Extremely high humidity, no sunlight would be my guess.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

2. Likes: N. Jones (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Extremely high humidity, no sunlight would be my guess.

Yeah, when there is 90% humidity, no wind, nothing dries quickly.

4. Likes: N. Jones (3rd October 2022)
    Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    The track will dry when its temperature is higher than the dewpoint of the atmosphere above it. The bigger the temperatue difference the faster it will dry. Without the big infra-red heater in the sky there's nothing to heat the track, and as F1nKS says with 90% humidity and no wind as well as no sun, it's going to take along time to dry.

6. Likes: N. Jones (3rd October 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Overall a great race IMO. The expected safety car and VSC periods, but not nearly as messy as it easily could have been. I'd prefer that the track dried quicker, but it is what it is when you have a night race and such high humidity. Combined with a street circuit track, no room for error.

Checo did a great job from the start, and other than his SC screw ups ran a fantastic race on track. Once DRS was enabled and Leclerc got so close, I thought he might be done. But Checo stayed cool, stayed in front, and drove a clean race. His jump at the start gave him the chance to simply stay up front, and he took full advantage.

Though Sainz couldn't keep the pace of the cars up front, he also made his move on the start and made it stick. Though Lewis didn't just roll over he really never had much for Carlos, and just keeping his position was all he could do at that point.

Both Lewis and Max blowing it when there was no need to blow it, and showing how even the top drivers can crack at times. It's almost a shame Alonso's engine went when it did, as I'm sure the frustration was mounting with Max and we were robbed the chance to see if or when he tried to make the move stick. Great jobs by Norris, Danny Ric, Stroll, and Seb for taking advantage of the situation the best they could. I thought Seb was going to hold Max off, but in the end his fight still protected his team and at least Max only got by one of them.

It was interesting watching Seb, Lewis and Max.... 12 WDC's between them, fighting for 7th place! It's a shame Fred wasn't in the mix with them at that point.

I do think George should have pulled a penalty for causing the collision with Mick. He forced the issue and squeezed Mick when there was no valid reason, and caused the punctures. And his entitled attitude is already tiring. I hope he either humbles up or fails to rise to the top ranks much farther, as it's already annoying that he thinks people should yield to him. He needs to grow a pair and admit his screw ups.

I'm to the point I rarely try to watch races live, due to the fact that they seem to delay if someone sneezes on track. If we had decent wet weather tires the drying line might be wider, as they could go off line in full wets. But they seem to want to wait until it's dry enough for inters, and then people stick to the racing line more.

And as for F1TV coverage.... I can see Buxton easily being as annoying as Croft myself. I can't stand the guy. He tends to rattle on forever about the same issue or nothing at times, and I wish he would disappear from the sport entirely. I can't see any value he adds at all.

8. Likes: Bagwan (3rd October 2022),Mia 01 (4th October 2022)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I rarely watch the races live anymore. Previously I used to watch all sessions and races, now I just dip in and out. The shame of all this is that Max is an amazing driver but for the sport to have the audacity to commit one of the biggest sporting scandals of all time live on TV in plain view and not bother to rectify it has killed my love of the sport. That coupled with aforementioned sneezing on track causing the race to be postponed - it's just gone too far now for me to enjoy it like I did previously.

We'll see what happens with RBR but imo if a team has exceeded the budget cap it should automatically disqualify them from the championship and also have a 3 month development freeze in their factory. That's my opinion regardless of which team, if any, has exceeded the budget cap.