Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    As it turns out, Riccardios car wouldn't go into neutral and that was the reason they had to pick it up. But to be honest, I think they need to learn some lessons from Indycar, as they can clear just about anything much more quickly. It doesn't lifts of the size they use to lift these cars. Repo crews could clear a car like that in 30 seconds.

As for the race itself, rather boring IMHO. Though there was some decent racing through the pack it was mostly short lived events. Other than Ferrari throwing away a good shot at victory again, the only fun part to watch was the midfield area really. It was interesting the differences in Sainz, Hamilton, and Perez trying to get up into the points, and how much they differed in their progress. George did well to keep himself on the podium, but never really got the pressure from behind.

Fantastic to see Nyck not only get into the points, but bring home a couple of them. Towards the end of the race he did very well to defend against the cars behind, and kept his cool through the race.

Max once again made it look easy. I don't think there was any question that he would be up front quickly. It was interesting to see how they opted for downforce vs low drag as compared to the others though. I suspect they knew they could be up close when it mattered, and have more DF for braking into the corners even if the speed differentials didn't make the pass easy on the straights.

2. Likes: Bagwan (12th September 2022),Zico (17th September 2022)
    Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Also what are sky going on about?
    Ferrari absolutely blew the strategy. They made the wrong call to pit LeClerc under the VSC and effectively lost the lead because of that. The Ferrari was a faster car than the RBR but were never gonna win with a 2 stop strategy. And they really seem unsure of what to do and keep relying on the drivers to make the decision. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sky are crying, as always. SO glad I watch F1TV now.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

4. Likes: Zico (17th September 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Sky are crying, as always. SO glad I watch F1TV now.
    If we could keep Croft off of F1TV, it would be worth paying a few bucks more for the subscription. I can't stand the drama and excitement he tries to often add when there is none. One of Hamiltons passes at Monza invoked his high pitched drama voice as if it was significant at the time. It's just mind numbing.

But overall I agree that I'm glad we don't get the Sky coverage team all the time. Some of them are ok, but as many are not.

Are you listening F1TV? I will pay more if you get rid of Croft!

6. Likes: Zico (17th September 2022)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    A little valium might work .

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    That's for Crofty , by the way .

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    This how the race should end and it just brings up so much anger about Abu Dhabi. And of course Max benefits. Just bitter.
    Congrats to Devries. If I were Williams, Latifi would be fired after today and replaced with DeVries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Max isn't the real world champion, we know that. He'll always be -1 and have that asterisk. I'm more annoyed that Mercedes dropped the case and didn't force the FIA to reverse the decision. They should have gone the whole way, even if it meant taking it outside the FIA toa global court regardless of tge damage to F1. It's unacceptable from a fans pov that they just let the matter rest. I've zero sympathy for them getting their asses kicked this year, as a result, either.

Delighted for Devries myself as well. Latifi has to be one of the worst drivers on the grid in a long time. He does not deserve his place.

Ferrari could have won this years title. I've never seen a team so spectacularly throw away win after win with such an exceptional car. They are living in the late 1999s early 2000s where they think they can still get away with off the cuff non data driven decisions like they managed so many times with Schumacher. It doesn't work that way anymore given the teams have so much data and at least one strategists has a brain. Some of their strategy decisions. Smh. How haven't they fired anyone? LeClerc should leave and move to Mercedes when Hamilton retires.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 16th September 2022 at 20:27.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Max isn't the real world champion, we know that. He'll always be -1 and have that asterisk.
    I googled "list of F1 champions" and did not find one asterisk in any of the various lists.

11. Likes: Zico (17th September 2022)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Max isn't the real world champion, we know that. He'll always be -1 and have that asterisk.
    'We'? No, maybe Nitrodaze, Truefan and yourself feel that way but I think you guys are in the minority with that opinion here.

It was unfortunate... but it made up for Silverstone. He still deserved it more than about 4 or 5 of Lewis's WDC's in a dominant Merc and weaker team mate. Should we not put asterisks on these titles too?

I don't place much value on WDC's. With no level playing field in F1 its really not that meaningful to me. I get more pleasure from great battles and moves anywhere in the field, than from who actually wins.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts

I've got news - he really is world champion!
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

14. Likes: Zico (17th September 2022)
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Just curious, why do you torture yourself with this hate? 🤔

Are you worried that Sir Entitled will feel you let him down if you stopped posting this drivel? After he swore at his team for "screwing" him, do you worry you and your ilk would be next?