Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Very happy for George! but I´m afraid it will be a Ferrari 1-2 tomorrow

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Well I didn't see that coming!

It should make for a good race.....

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Nice shake up of the grid with Max's problems and Russells shock pole.
    Difficult track to pass on but even if he still leads into the first corner I fear Ferrari can still pincer him on strategy... IF... they play their cards right.
    Max trying to fight through the field could also be interesting.

Could make for a good one... I guess I'm really hoping for a LeClerc win to keep the championship somewhat alive but huge congrats to George whatever happens..

4. Likes: Bagwan (31st July 2022)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Latifi for the win if it rains !

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    What were Ferrari smoking?

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Boring race. I stopped watching after the first pit stops.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sgr View Post
    What were Ferrari smoking?
    He must be smoking his brain cells.
    Totto in his interview reckoned that Ferrari must have had no mediums left to have done that... yet Binotto said nothing about it in his interview so it has to be yet another huge blunder?
    I couldn't believe what I was seeing when they put Charles on hards... nor could anyone... yet that decision was made by someone on a far higher pay grade than most of us.

Someone please explain what his logic might have been because I still don't understand.
    He needs to go... he is handing Max and Red Bull both titles on a plate.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    This was a much more fun race than I was expecting. There was action from start to finish. Only thing that could have made it better would have been rain.

10. Likes: airshifter (1st August 2022),Bagwan (1st August 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    The second year in a row that Hungary brings us an interesting race.

George did well to hold off the charge as long as he did. Overall he had a great weekend, even if things did swing to Lewis on the final stint with the different strategies. I thought he would be toast fairly quickly, but he stuck it out for a while.

And overall, the race just seemed to leave me wondering which strategies would work out. Max made quick work of things at getting towards the front again, and Checo did well at it also. But it left me wondering if anyone could get it right and challenge them with softs at the end. As it turns out, Ferrari hosed their strategy and faded while Merc got things right and went forward. For the life of me I can't imagine why they pitted Leclerc so early and then went to hards when he was doing fine on the mediums. But Ferrari faltered, and Lewis and George got well deserved podiums and the points advantage.

Lando did a great job to keep the McLaren up in the points, and though Danny Ric faded in the standings, he did get a great pass on the Alpines in single dive that put him by both cars.

Fred and Ocon kept the Alpines in the points again, even if they did have some issues at race start. They seemed to be the only ones to really make anything happen on the hards.

Max ran a strong but controlled race. Well, other than the "spin to win" move. But I have to say, he must have amazing spatial awareness and and uncanny feel for the car when things like that happen. He just recovers well so often from incidents that put others in the wall, it's like he practices it or something. Checo did fairly well this weekend too, considering his start. Overall RB had a good weekend in damage control mode, and with Merc stealing points from the sleeping horses, things are looking good for RB.

Going into the summer break, it looks like Merc have really made some good improvements. If Ferrari keep screwing up the Merc might beat them in the WCC standings at this rate. I can't help but think Ferrari keep snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They seem to have no real strategy plans at all, and can't even keep track of what we can catch watching. I think they need to make some changes if they want a chance at even challenging for 2nd in the WCC, and at this point have all but written off any hope of them winning it.

12. Likes: Bagwan (1st August 2022),Mia 01 (1st August 2022)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to Russell on his first pole; should be an interesting race tomorrow! mobdro 2022
    Last edited by aankhka; 29th October 2022 at 07:53.