Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    You guys mean a camper?
    no! normal Road car (Skoda Octavia...) 2 people can perfectly sleep and NO it isn´t that cold during th nights....and if...just switch on the car for 10min and everything is fine
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

2. Likes: cali (1st August 2022),Lead (1st August 2022)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    no! normal Road car (Skoda Octavia...) 2 people can perfectly sleep and NO it isn´t that cold during th nights....and if...just switch on the car for 10min and everything is fine
    Let's talk about it!

Couple of nights in a tent in the snow with -10, let me decide for airb&b ever after!
    (couple of years in a renault megane too!)

ps: + police shaking the tent at 5 a.m to tell we need to leave at 7...

4. Likes: cali (2nd August 2022),pantealex (2nd August 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I will always remember spectating in Norway 2009 and it was about -25C during the day, then got talking to a German guy next to us who’d driven up and was sleeping in his car overnight

I am a committed car camper when I have to (which is most of the time, given my (lack of) budget), but that might just be too much hardcore for me

I’ve camped in Finland, Acropolis and Monza and all easily doable.

Booking ahead seems to be the key thing to get the best prices.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigazza View Post
    Not completely impossible but not recommended..need to watch yourself after dark in Kenya. Is plenty of cheap campsites along south side of lake naivasha (fish eagle, fisherman's, carnelly) and also Punda Milias on north side highly recommended. All about $8 a night camping
    Yes that’s pretty much what I’d recommend, they have decent food available too. The first time I visited Kenya we stayed in a Banda at Fisherman’s Camp which was cheap and cheerful (if you ignore the mossies ) I’ve also flown to Kenya for something like £270 previously so it can be done fairly cheaply! The main thing to watch out for is the (terrible) traffic on South Lake road on Friday/Saturday evenings, I’d even recommend going the long way around the lake to avoid it. But if you can miss visiting service then you should be ok.
    Of course it’s hard to avoid the cost but even one day visiting a Safari park before/after the event - my favourite place on the planet is Nakuru which isn’t too far away and think it is $80 for a day pass. I’d sell a kidney to visit if I could! Mega place.
    And of course there are more expensive accommodation/tourist packages available Just bear in mind late June is just about the start of the high season over there.
    Last edited by J4MIE; 2nd August 2022 at 18:09. Reason: Typo
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!