Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    So is there really only two tarmac events next season? Croatia and Japan? What a joke that would be.

I'd lose Estonia and Sardinia before losing any more tarmac events. In a 14 round championship you'd at least want 4 tarmac events surely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    To no one's surprise, Rally GB in Northern Ireland won't take place next year as they didn't get the funding: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/u...sses/10360922/

"Germany is among the new candidates in the mix to secure a spot on the calendar. The tarmac event made its WRC debut in 2002 and had been mainstay on the schedule, before hosting its last WRC round in 2019."

I was sure Germany out of the running for next year, glad to see it isn't.
    This was published just 3 weeks ago so hopefully we do get an August slot for another tarmac event, and if they do at the end decide to have NZ in August, hopefully we'll have the 3rd (real) tarmac event in October like we have for the past 20 odd years? (excluding 2020 of course).
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: er88 (28th September 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    This was published just 3 weeks ago so hopefully we do get an August slot for another tarmac event, and if they do at the end decide to have NZ in August, hopefully we'll have the 3rd (real) tarmac event in October like we have for the past 20 odd years? (excluding 2020 of course).
    Saudi! Can't rule it out given the talk. Maybe even move Japan into summer for spectators' benefit and finish in KSA. ?

Germany has been missing for a few years, what's different now that puts it in the running?

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Saudi! Can't rule it out given the talk. Maybe even move Japan into summer for spectators' benefit and finish in KSA. ?

Germany has been missing for a few years, what's different now that puts it in the running?
    "Germany is among the new candidates in the mix to secure a spot on the calendar. The tarmac event made its WRC debut in 2002 and had been mainstay on the schedule, before hosting its last WRC round in 2019."
    That was from the Autosport article I attached, whether it will happen or not, I find that hard to believe, with so many events outside of Europe fighting for a spot, they'll have to drop at least one European event to achieve 14 rounds.

If I had to guess, they'll drop Catalunya & instead we'll have Japan in it's October slot with Saudi Arabia 2 months later in December. So it will go something like:
    Monte Carlo, Sweden, Mexico, Croatia, Chile, Portugal, Sardegna, Kenya, Estonia, Finland, NZ, Greece, Japan, Saudi Arabia.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll get to keep one of our current tarmac (August/October) slots, whether it's Germany, Spain or another. Would be horrendous to have 3 (ish) tarmac events out of 14, they did that in the past (2009 comes to mind) and they quickly took a U-turn with it, hope this won't be the case here but this is the FIA & promoter we're talking about, making logical or clever decisions isn't exactly at the top of their priorities to put it lightly.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (28th September 2022),er88 (28th September 2022),TWRC (29th September 2022),WRCStan (28th September 2022)
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    There was a regular pre event rally podcast where they had one of the Rally Estonia's organizer there and looking at the body language when they asked about the dates of next year rally, then I feel quite positive that it will happen. Of course he couldn't say anything but there wasn't anything like we are not sure about the funding etc. Looked like he really wanted to say and confirm

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    There was a regular pre event rally podcast where they had one of the Rally Estonia's organizer there and looking at the body language when they asked about the dates of next year rally, then I feel quite positive that it will happen. Of course he couldn't say anything but there wasn't anything like we are not sure about the funding etc. Looked like he really wanted to say and confirm
    He basically confirmed it TBH.

They were pressing the dates out of him but he didn’t say. That was quite funny part
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: flat_right (28th September 2022)
    Speaking of the devil(s): https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/r...slot/10375708/

Not only we're getting Saudi Arabia for next year (if we're to believe the rumours) but now also NZ is out, probably didn't have enough cash to bribe the FIA.

Now left with 5 fly-away events, apparently South America is in the mix, I wonder which European event will come instead, hope it's a good one and not Latvia or something like that.
    Last edited by Eli; 28th September 2022 at 19:48.

10. Likes: cali (28th September 2022),er88 (29th September 2022)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Real shame losing NZ before it's had the chance to put on a proper itinerary. Hopefully it will be back every few yrs at least on a rotational basis.

I liked 2019 when they had Chile and Argentina back to back. Both rallies have fantastic stages and scenery, hugely passionate fanbases and Argentina had the history. Guess it's just Chile for next year though.

Return of Germany for the extra European round? Otherwise the FIA might have to backtrack and keep Spain or Ypres (which I'd much rather than some other new gravel rally or a return to somewhere like Cyprus)

12. Likes: Eli (29th September 2022),EstWRC (29th September 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Losing NZ is just poor management.....And just proves what we already knew - all they care about is $$$$$$$.
    The sport is going nowhere with these idiots in charge.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

14. Likes: Eli (29th September 2022),PLuto (29th September 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Real shame losing NZ before it's had the chance to put on a proper itinerary. Hopefully it will be back every few yrs at least on a rotational basis.

I liked 2019 when they had Chile and Argentina back to back. Both rallies have fantastic stages and scenery, hugely passionate fanbases and Argentina had the history. Guess it's just Chile for next year though.

Return of Germany for the extra European round? Otherwise the FIA might have to backtrack and keep Spain or Ypres (which I'd much rather than some other new gravel rally or a return to somewhere like Cyprus)
    I seriously hope we'll get another tarmac event, but at this rate, we'll see a rally in Qatar, or Latvia seeing they're so keen being in the calendar.

16. Likes: AndyRAC (29th September 2022),er88 (29th September 2022)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Losing NZ is just poor management.....And just proves what we already knew - all they care about is $$$$$$$.
    The sport is going nowhere with these idiots in charge.
    NZ has awesome roads, but very expensive to travel there + so short startlist(like Kenya)