Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hari View Post
    Gallery from this years ADAC 3-Städte Rallye:
    https://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_bes...llye_2022.html

Was a very nice and spectacular event. Lots of action on the dirty autumn roads.
    Very nice, sounds good, looking forward to this ADAC 3-Städte Rallye. In matter of fact they once had the same idea in Belgium to group the 3 big national rallies (Ypres, Condroz and Spa) into one national WRC Rally Belgium but the plan never ever materialised. Albeit the WRC Ypres 2021 Rally had at least both Ypres and Spa rally parts.

Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    According to president of ACCR Jan Šťovíček, the start ceremony will be held at Hradčanské náměstí, where is entrance to the Prague Castle. It is the same place where the beginning of Red Bull F1 Castle to Castle video were filmed.

The SSS will be probably around the Strahov stadium, where Prague Rallysprint Show took place yesterday.

It's nice for spectators, but idk if it's WRC worthy, I hope they will find a way to extend the stage. Imo it would be nice to start at the castle and finish the stage at the stadium. It's about 2km on lovely roads, starting with narrow cobblestone street, going into more technical section with crossroads, then hillclimb onto stadium area, where they can surely find 1 or 2 more kms. Also as video shown, there is a lot of space for spectators.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    Very nice, sounds good, looking forward to this ADAC 3-Städte Rallye. In matter of fact they once had the same idea in Belgium to group the 3 big national rallies (Ypres, Condroz and Spa) into one national WRC Rally Belgium but the plan never ever materialised. Albeit the WRC Ypres 2021 Rally had at least both Ypres and Spa rally parts.
    In fact, with this CER, they are not grouping three big national rallies. In fact, it will be brand new event in three countries, with new organisers. I am not sure how this can work properly...

4. Likes: Kenneth (28th November 2022)
    Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    In fact, with this CER, they are not grouping three big national rallies. In fact, it will be brand new event in three countries, with new organisers. I am not sure how this can work properly...
    of course you are not sure.....you are in Orga of the (till last week) biggest Rally in your Country (since decades) and everybody wants to step up and try to get into WRC....and when you watch the ERC especially this year, it was a shadow of it´s glory days, and than somebody new is coming out of nowhere and gets WRC...of course you have to be "not sure"

but look at Rally Croatia for example, they came also out of nowhere and they delivered a very very well organised event. so my fingres are crossed for a nice new challenge in 3 different countries!
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

6. Likes: bearclaw (28th November 2022),hari (28th November 2022),J4MIE (28th November 2022),Rally Hokkaido (1st December 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

8. Likes: cali (28th November 2022),WRC1 (28th November 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    of course you are not sure.....you are in Orga of the (till last week) biggest Rally in your Country (since decades) and everybody wants to step up and try to get into WRC....and when you watch the ERC especially this year, it was a shadow of it´s glory days, and than somebody new is coming out of nowhere and gets WRC...of course you have to be "not sure"

but look at Rally Croatia for example, they came also out of nowhere and they delivered a very very well organised event. so my fingres are crossed for a nice new challenge in 3 different countries!
    I must say I was never fan of stepping of Barum to WRC because I know lot of from behind of the scene. I know how much money it costs, I know how much more bureaucracy is needed, I know what FIA is doing etc.

But this "new" rally is something completely different. I dont like the system how it is built (with new organiser made from three different autoclubs). I dont believe cooperation between them will work (and not only based on experience with 3-Stadte this year). I dont like the style, how the rally was politicaly pushed to the calendar despite most of the people doesnt want it. Making big rally on WRC level from scratch is not easy... Everything will cost huge amount of money (which will be big issue for all other motorsport events in Czech and also from competitors) and I am not sure the result will be good...

10. Likes: cali (28th November 2022)
    Liked 659 Times in 318 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I must say I was never fan of stepping of Barum to WRC because I know lot of from behind of the scene. I know how much money it costs, I know how much more bureaucracy is needed, I know what FIA is doing etc.

But this "new" rally is something completely different. I dont like the system how it is built (with new organiser made from three different autoclubs). I dont believe cooperation between them will work (and not only based on experience with 3-Stadte this year). I dont like the style, how the rally was politicaly pushed to the calendar despite most of the people doesnt want it. Making big rally on WRC level from scratch is not easy... Everything will cost huge amount of money (which will be big issue for all other motorsport events in Czech and also from competitors) and I am not sure the result will be good...
    Surely this is just ADAC Rallye DEutschland in a different suit?

ADAC taking the lead?

12. Likes: WRC1 (28th November 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Surely this is just ADAC Rallye DEutschland in a different suit?

ADAC taking the lead?
    Thats the question...

Liked 79 Times in 24 Posts
    ...some infos about the organization of the rally at 28:30

https://youtu.be/cxTnEekKYmk

Friday in Czech Republic, Saturday in Austria, Sunday in Germany

15. Likes: WRC1 (28th November 2022)
    Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Now that Spain isn't on the calender what is the best/accessible/economical European round to attend.