Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Liked 128 Times in 69 Posts
    Very strong rumors in Spain talking about Gran Canaria (Rally Islas Canarias) could be in the WRC in the years 2.024 and 2.025 replacing Rally Catalunya.

The Rally Islas Canarias (Gran Canaria) steps on the accelerator to enter the World Championship in 2025.
    It could begin to take turns with the Rally of Catalonia

This weekend, in parallel to the Rally of Catalonia, another competition has been waged behind the scenes to ensure the permanence of our country in the World Rally calendar, increasingly more quoted. The RACC has tightened the screws on the promoter so that its test -definitely discarded from next year's list- returns to the elite of the specialty in 2024. At the same time, the organizers of the Rally Islas Canarias, the second most international Spanish event (it scores for the European Championship since 2016), have stepped on the accelerator with the desire to be part of the World Championship in 2025.

The organizers of the island event assured this summer its continuity in the continental championship for the next two years. Last weekend, they were already talking in Salou with the RFEDA and the promoter -currently, the same that manages the European Championship- so that the 50th edition of the mythical 'Corte Inglés' (its former name) receives the World Championship seal for which the insular fans, one of the most numerous and knowledgeable of the national territory, are clamoring.

The intention of the FIA to avoid the mess of this year -the calendar of the next course is still not approved, apparently by an erroneous procedure of the promoter- is to leave tied at the beginning of 2023 the calendar of the following campaign, in which the Rally of Catalonia will have to retake its place.

According to MARCA, if the archipelago supports the Rally Islas Canarias enough to be promoted to the World Championship in 2025, from then on it could begin to take turns with the Catalonia, and together ensure the annual continuity of the championship in Spain, now that the rotational system of the past will be reinstated.

https://www.marca.com/motor/rallies/...6588b4589.html
    https://automovilismocanario.com/iva...a-2024-y-2025/
    https://www.motor.es/noticias/rally-...202290787.html

2. Likes: Eli (31st October 2022),Rally Hokkaido (1st November 2022)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Can someone just leak the calendar dates/weeks already? I'd like to plan my 2023!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

4. Likes: TWRC (5th November 2022)
    Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Can someone just leak the calendar dates/weeks already? I'd like to plan my 2023!
    I'm not sure how reliable community this is, but they posted the calendar with dates : https://www.facebook.com/wrctvitaly/...b7jiU8Tk6uLuql

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiesta View Post
    I'm not sure how reliable community this is, but they posted the calendar with dates : https://www.facebook.com/wrctvitaly/...b7jiU8Tk6uLuql
    That aligns with what I’ve heard.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

7. Likes: Fiesta (9th November 2022)
    Liked 79 Times in 24 Posts
    Some austrian newspaper reported yesterday regarding of the new Rally Central Europe that there are maybe four special stages planned for Sunday in Austria.

They mentioned the region around Freistadt (Jänner Rallye region, former erc rally, now austrian championship). For me that sounds a bit strange because this year's 3 Städte Rally (some kind of candidate event) and the included austrian stages where further northwest, closer to the german border and the planned rally HQ Passau.

Close and a bit north of the Freistadt region there is the area of the Rally Český Krumlov. Maybe the intention of the german organization is to use some rally proofed regions. Both rallys in Czech Republic and Austria are classics in their national championship.

Maybe our czech and german forum members have more information.

Otherwise it sounds logical. The stages and the people around the Freistadt area are used to rallying and lot of spectators back in the erc days. The same thing is about the Český Krumlov area (South Bohemian Region), I guess. I don't know if the stages are maybe to fast, but the Malonty stage is absolutely beautiful and spectacular.

The oldtown of Freistadt is quite beautiful for a possible rally finish. In Freistadt town there will be opening a new 4-star hotel in autumn 2023 close to a fairground like in Jyväskylä. Linz and the international Airport is not to far away. The infrastructure on both sides of the border in Austria and the Czech Republic is great for a possible wrc event.

Start of the Rally in Prague with stages on the Czech side on Friday. Saturday in Germany and a Sunday in Austria. Rally HQ Passau, Germany - sounds ok for me.

9. Likes: AnttiL (10th November 2022),becher (10th November 2022),Eli (10th November 2022),EstWRC (10th November 2022),seb_sh (10th November 2022),skarderud (15th November 2022),the sniper (10th November 2022),TWRC (12th November 2022)
    Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Some austrian newspaper reported yesterday regarding of the new Rally Central Europe that there are maybe four special stages planned for Sunday in Austria.

They mentioned the region around Freistadt (Jänner Rallye region, former erc rally, now austrian championship). For me that sounds a bit strange because this year's 3 Städte Rally (some kind of candidate event) and the included austrian stages where further northwest, closer to the german border and the planned rally HQ Passau.

Close and a bit north of the Freistadt region there is the area of the Rally Český Krumlov. Maybe the intention of the german organization is to use some rally proofed regions. Both rallys in Czech Republic and Austria are classics in their national championship.

Maybe our czech and german forum members have more information.

Otherwise it sounds logical. The stages and the people around the Freistadt area are used to rallying and lot of spectators back in the erc days. The same thing is about the Český Krumlov area (South Bohemian Region), I guess. I don't know if the stages are maybe to fast, but the Malonty stage is absolutely beautiful and spectacular.

The oldtown of Freistadt is quite beautiful for a possible rally finish. In Freistadt town there will be opening a new 4-star hotel in autumn 2023 close to a fairground like in Jyväskylä. Linz and the international Airport is not to far away. The infrastructure on both sides of the border in Austria and the Czech Republic is great for a possible wrc event.

Start of the Rally in Prague with stages on the Czech side on Friday. Saturday in Germany and a Sunday in Austria. Rally HQ Passau, Germany - sounds ok for me.
    there wont be stages arround Freistadt....nobody knows from where the newspaper got this info. the austrian stages will be held between Schärding and Peilstein.
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

11. Likes: AnttiL (10th November 2022),bearclaw (10th November 2022),EstWRC (10th November 2022),Fiesta (11th November 2022),seb_sh (10th November 2022),TWRC (12th November 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I would like to see Chile back.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    I would like to see Chile back.
    Me too!

Liked 79 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    there wont be stages arround Freistadt....nobody knows from where the newspaper got this info. the austrian stages will be held between Schärding and Peilstein.
    ...thanks for clearing up this newspaper info.

15. Likes: AnttiL (10th November 2022),Eli (10th November 2022),WRC1 (10th November 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    There was something regarding the FIA OFF ROAD comission this week so maybe that calendar is real. I saw some other championships calendar drafts on other forum/groups so it may be realistic, eh