Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/w...vent/10406713/

Rally Australia seems to be back in the mix but not before 2025, it won’t go back to NSW but to South Australia (SA), Rally Adelaide.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: AnttiL (1st December 2022),J4MIE (1st December 2022),Rally Hokkaido (2nd December 2022)
    Liked 542 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

Rally Australia seems to be back in the mix but not before 2025, it won’t go back to NSW but to South Australia (SA), Rally Adelaide.
    I’d love to see this. I was in Adelaide a few weeks ago and drove up into the hills and the tarmac public roads are really nice, would make a good tarmac event. I didn’t realise about the Adelaide Rally until I saw the road closure signs, but couldn’t stay for the event. Bad timing for the trip to miss both rallies there!

4. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (2nd December 2022)
    Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    So at this point, Saudi Arabia is pushing to have a slot, the US are working on the event between Nashville and Atlanta, Spain is in the middle of an internal "fight" between Catalunya and Canary Island, plus now there's the bid of Australia-NZ most likely on a rotation basis.

If the Promoter won't work on making the WRC sexy for sponsors that can help the teams out in sustaining this calendar, teams will give up. They desperately need partners like DHL and Aramco to pay these flyaway rallies! Someone in Munich needs to wake up asap.

Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    So at this point, Saudi Arabia is pushing to have a slot, the US are working on the event between Nashville and Atlanta, Spain is in the middle of an internal "fight" between Catalunya and Canary Island, plus now there's the bid of Australia-NZ most likely on a rotation basis.

If the Promoter won't work on making the WRC sexy for sponsors that can help the teams out in sustaining this calendar, teams will give up. They desperately need partners like DHL and Aramco to pay these flyaway rallies! Someone in Munich needs to wake up asap.
    Are you sure the teams don't already get paid for these events?

Even WRC2 teams get financial support for the fly away events. And they don't pay an entry fee like they have to for the European events.
    Last edited by rallyfiend; 3rd December 2022 at 12:25.

Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post

Even WRC2 teams get financial support for the fly away events. And they don't pay an entry fee like they have to for the European events.
    3000 euros on the entry list, plus (free or discounted) accomodation paid by the local event promoter is not that big deal, when you have to spend 100k to go racing in Mexico with a Rally2 car. There's need for a stronger support from the WRC Promoter itself. And I'm talking about the support Eurosport Events was providing to the teams in WTCC, paying the plane or the cargo for the teams to ship the equipment to Asia. That would be a very strong support for them.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (5th December 2022),J4MIE (4th December 2022)
    Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post

On previous seasons, I don't remember hearing that teams received support from promoter/FIA for logistical costs. It was common free entry fee and hotel costs (in some events).

Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven View Post
    On previous seasons, I don't remember hearing that teams received support from promoter/FIA for logistical costs. It was common free entry fee and hotel costs (in some events).
    I'm definitely aware of WRC2 teams getting proper cash from promoter to attend long haul events...

Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts

Oh no, Australia turning into another tarmac rally...?

I wish we could get Perth back...

12. Likes: AndyRAC (11th December 2022),WRC1 (10th December 2022)
    Liked 542 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalParadox View Post
    Oh no, Australia turning into another tarmac rally...?

I wish we could get Perth back...
    “We want more tarmac rallies!”

“No, not like that!”

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

14. Likes: AnttiL (10th December 2022),Fiesta (12th December 2022),ictus (10th December 2022),kure91 (10th December 2022),pantealex (11th December 2022),Portimao (13th December 2022),TWRC (12th December 2022)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts

I attended The Australian Rally Champs event in Adelaide and it was the worst organised event I had ever been to. Primarily based around a racing circuit, 4 or 6 actual country/rally stages which 1.5 ran and the rest cancelled due to "rain" and a goat track x2 set of stages next to the race track ran... but again "rain" cancelled. So, the event consisted of tarmac stages on a V8 Supercar race track and a go-cart track.

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    I’d love to see this. I was in Adelaide a few weeks ago and drove up into the hills and the tarmac public roads are really nice, would make a good tarmac event. I didn’t realise about the Adelaide Rally until I saw the road closure signs, but couldn’t stay for the event. Bad timing for the trip to miss both rallies there!
    You didn't miss much. The event was organised and run by the people who let the ARC use their race track, so you know... when it rains on a racetrack, the organisers yellow flag everything... cancelled stages. It was a hot mess. The clerk of course I believe got fired.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"