Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Liked 79 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    …in two weeks there is the famous 3 – städte rallye in the same region (GER – CZ – AUT) and maybe they will use some stages of the planned wrc event. I don’t know if this is already some kind of candidate event.

2. Likes: WRC1 (30th September 2022)
    Liked 568 Times in 205 Posts
    Please move Safari to April
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

4. Likes: AndyRAC (30th September 2022)
    Liked 568 Times in 205 Posts
    What about the Azores?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

6. Likes: WRC1 (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    Saudi Arabia. Ffs. If it happens, I really hope the championship is decided before that.

8. Likes: AnttiL (3rd October 2022),Eli (2nd October 2022),WRC1 (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Please move Safari to April
    Won't happen as it is middle of the rainy season... Some of the stages and access roads become rivers then.

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    So to summarize, we're losing Catalunya, Belgium, New-Zealand to bring back Chile, Mexico, Central Europe and add Saudi Arabia....good luck to all involved, wonder what they'll do there, a prologue to Dakar 2024? Would easily swap it out to keep New-Zealand for another year (with longer itinerary).
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

11. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd October 2022),HKSjbg (2nd October 2022),pantealex (4th October 2022),Rally Hokkaido (3rd October 2022),WRC1 (3rd October 2022)
    Liked 598 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So to summarize, we're losing Catalunya, Belgium, New-Zealand to bring back Chile, Mexico, Central Europe and add Saudi Arabia....good luck to all involved, wonder what they'll do there, a prologue to Dakar 2024? Would easily swap it out to keep New-Zealand for another year (with longer itinerary).
    Assuming it goes ahead, and I'll also try to stop mentioning it once I've said this, if Saudi turns out be a minnie-mouse imitation monza-in-the-desert-in-the-middle-of-an-industrial-estate, I will cancel my subscription. There are some stunning regions with beautiful black ribbons ripe for everything that rallying should be about. What of this is actually usable for a rally, whether it's accessible and if there's enough of it in one area, I just don't know. But given they have a rally-raid championship and Dakar, only a handful of asphalt hillclimbs, drags, drifts and autotests; and whatever they create will be new and ideally a sustainable event to develop the national industry, asphalt has to be the goal for me.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Assuming it goes ahead, and I'll also try to stop mentioning it once I've said this, if Saudi turns out be a minnie-mouse imitation monza-in-the-desert-in-the-middle-of-an-industrial-estate, I will cancel my subscription. There are some stunning regions with beautiful black ribbons ripe for everything that rallying should be about. What of this is actually usable for a rally, whether it's accessible and if there's enough of it in one area, I just don't know. But given they have a rally-raid championship and Dakar, only a handful of asphalt hillclimbs, drags, drifts and autotests; and whatever they create will be new and ideally a sustainable event to develop the national industry, asphalt has to be the goal for me.
    I bet it will be a "desert" style event.

Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So 3 events where the sport is really popular - yeah, lets drop them from the calendar. Typical WRC.......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

15. Likes: cali (5th October 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    So 3 events where the sport is really popular - yeah, lets drop them from the calendar. Typical WRC.......
    I would say Chile and Czech are also countries where rally is popular. But it's not a popularity contest, money talks.

17. Likes: cali (5th October 2022),pantealex (4th October 2022)