Page 60 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,476 Times in 842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    i am also dissapointed by Lappi´s pace, but just dont forget that Monte is absolutly not Lappi´s favorit Rallye! I am sure he will do much better in Sweden!

....AND he is 2minutes behind Ogier....BUT 11 in Front of Serderidis...
    And the last time he was here was 2020 where he finished 4th with the Fiesta, the year before he didn't get to finish with the C3, and 2018 was his first year here and he finished 7th.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: Corcaíoch (20th January 2023)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pajusalum View Post
    I remember last season when Tänak was complaining about the Hyundai and how uncomfortable he feels in this car. Lappi made several comments that he thinks that Tänak is ''fooling'' everybody. Maybe the comments from Lappi were made in a friendly way and just to ''trash talk'' with Tänak. Before Monte Lappi said that there is very small difference between Toyota and Hyundai, I remember telling to myself - lets wait until Lappi starts to race against the time and the story will change. Today unfortunately Lappi is more close to Serderidis pace then Ogier pace. Maybe I am too harsh against Lappi but I think it will be really difficult season for Lappi.
    you are right,but we have to say that when he asked ''how is the Hyundai vs yaris'' he couldnt say that is not so good as yaris.

4. Likes: cali (20th January 2023),Corcaíoch (20th January 2023)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    you are right,but we have to say that when he asked ''how is the Hyundai vs yaris'' he couldnt say that is not so good as yaris.
    Having a dig at your new employer is never a good idea so...i can understand it.

6. Likes: cali (20th January 2023),meh (20th January 2023)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    5.2 quicker than Gryazin, although i think Gryazin is using a couple of old tyres. Shame about last nights puncture, could have been a good fight.
    Gryazin is taking it easy.First pass 1,49 sec/km from stage winner,now 1,97 sec/km

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    You all remember that Lappi went to Hyundai on his own free will instead of staying at Toyota right?

Half a season on his best rallies with regular podium pace vs full season.......starting as slowest WRC of them all.

------
    It's not like that's the first time he has done that either (Toyota 2018 -> Citroen 2019).

Neither is he the only driver who had big downwards change in pace when going to Hyundai (Tanak, Loeb and Mikkelsen previously).

----
    My general conclusion is that just about all drivers are way too overconfident. Thinking it is so much in their hands and not that much about the car. While last 10 years or so it seems the opposite is the case.
    But I guess you have to be a bit overconfident to drive rallycars at the speeds they are doing.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Solberg just beats Cais' time and jumps to 7th in RC2. Good job today.
    What I like about today is that he was steadily there, no big gaps but most importantly no big drops either.

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You all remember that Lappi went to Hyundai on his own free will instead of staying at Toyota right?

Half a season on his best rallies with regular podium pace vs full season.......starting as slowest WRC of them all.

------
    It's not like that's the first time he has done that either (Toyota 2018 -> Citroen 2019).

Neither is he the only driver who had big downwards change in pace when going to Hyundai (Tanak, Loeb and Mikkelsen previously).

----
    My general conclusion is that just about all drivers are way too overconfident. Thinking it is so much in their hands and not that much about the car. While last 10 years or so it seems the opposite is the case.
    But I guess you have to be a bit overconfident to drive rallycars at the speeds they are doing.
    The last part is exactly how top drivers work, they think they are the best, otherwise one couldn't do such a thing.

Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Who is Lappi's car engineer and how long have Lappi and the engineer been working together compared to the other Rally1 driver/engineer combinations?

12. Likes: WRC1 (20th January 2023)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Could it be that he used snows because it's easier to turn the wheel without powersteering with the snow tyres.
    that question was put to him at stage end and he said yes that was the reason.

14. Likes: dupanton (20th January 2023)
    Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    What I like about today is that he was steadily there, no big gaps but most importantly no big drops either.
    Solberg has been very good today, it’s just a shame about the puncture yesterday. I genuinely hope he continues without incident to the finish.

16. Likes: cali (20th January 2023)