Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1037
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    the behaviour of the fans and marshalls was really shit this year IMO

what the hell was that what dimviii posted and the fans with their naked asses and making love on stage side and putting drivers into danger with the ice making, also i saw many times them standing in idiotic places. the opening ceremony was also a joke with a host who was barely talking english

i know it wont be dropped from the calendar but if it would be for couple of years, i wouldn't miss it to be honest. at least not this bone dry Monte what we had last year and this year
    Last year was still better as the crews at least had some snow & ice to contend with, and don't forget we had a battle for the best Seb which made things interesting. Fans apparently forgot what happened in 2017 with Paddon ,it seems they won't learn until there will be big fines for standing in idiotic places. For next year I hope we go back to the 'old' rally bases and bring back a service for Saturday at least. As for the host I think he's been there for the past 20 years or so but the fact it's now on youtube makes it much more apparent. Also, it would be nice to have perhaps some longer stages...I mean 25kms is nice but it would be even nicer to have 30,35 or even 40kms of stages.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: EstWRC (25th January 2023)
    Liked 392 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Fans throwing snow on stages has been an issue for like 30 years or so, at least.
    Make it 50.

Liked 540 Times in 193 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    I know it’s pretty pointless discussing with rally mad ‘enthusiasts’, but what is the problem there?
    Crew are ok, stage isn’t blocked, marshals are trying to protect spectators on a narrow blind bend and following cars are hardly slowing down.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

5. Likes: cali (25th January 2023)
    Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    I know it’s pretty pointless discussing with rally mad ‘enthusiasts’, but what is the problem there?
    Crew are ok, stage isn’t blocked, marshals are trying to protect spectators on a narrow blind bend and following cars are hardly slowing down.
    what is the Problem??? some may forget that Rallying is a Sport, against the clock...okay, the crew (the driver) did a mistake, but IF the police/marshall let the people come down imidiatly, the crew would have lost ...maybe 30sec, in this case, they lost almost 2min for nothing, put the car back on the wheels was not more dangouros for the spectators when they did it as if they let them do it immediatly.
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

7. Likes: 240RS (25th January 2023),bearclaw (25th January 2023),Corcaíoch (25th January 2023),EstWRC (25th January 2023),flat_right (25th January 2023),MartijnS (25th January 2023),Rally Hokkaido (26th January 2023),Rallyper (25th January 2023)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    So it seems Skoda PR went for "ignoring".

They removed the tweet congratulating on win (which was getting negative responses), with the penalty they can point out result change as main reason. None of Skoda Motorsport tweets now mentioned him at all.

They still didn't do a press release, not sure it will come at all.
    All other CZ news just mentioned Cais, sometimes Solberg, with no mention of Gryazin at all.

So for now Skoda Motorsport seems safe. Since other rallies are not so visible and won't be the first start of the car it should be less of a problem in the future. For Sweden they also have more winner candidates.

As I mentioned long before the event, one has to question if it was in their best interest to get into this situation at all. "Sell" one more car early (that there is a long waiting list on) at the risk of severe backlash with all kinds of possible consequences.

9. Likes: meh (25th January 2023)
    Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i know it wont be dropped from the calendar but if it would be for couple of years, i wouldnt miss it to be honest. at least not this bone dry Monte what we had last year and this year
    The irony is the would the organisers have kept Gap as the central point as in the previous years, there would have been plenty of snow this year (not to mention going further north to Valence) ... If the rally becomes "Rallye de Nice" with only a short loop in the back mountains from Monaco, it is losing all of its uniquness and it is guaranteed no snow forever. There is a reason why all the rich people gather in Monaco : The weather is nice all winter long !

11. Likes: bwallace (25th January 2023),cali (25th January 2023),EstWRC (25th January 2023)
    Liked 540 Times in 193 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    what is the Problem??? some may forget that Rallying is a Sport, against the clock...okay, the crew (the driver) did a mistake, but IF the police/marshall let the people come down imidiatly, the crew would have lost ...maybe 30sec, in this case, they lost almost 2min for nothing, put the car back on the wheels was not more dangouros for the spectators when they did it as if they let them do it immediatly.
    You conveniently forget that all of those spectators are at risk when they are jumping all over the road. What if one of them is killed - does their family sue the crew for encouraging them to put themselves in danger?
    As for the bloke on the wrong side of the car pulling, he’s a particular idiot.
    Just leave the car there where it is and there’s no issue.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    You know what it means to be fastest, don´t you?
    Yes, I know what it means to be fastest. And do you know what it means to be part of WRC2?

14. Likes: AnttiL (25th January 2023),cali (25th January 2023)
    Liked 12,165 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Zeroundersteer vid https://youtu.be/Misp0ytzB9c

Watch at 4:10 and from 13:00 onwards. Kindergarten
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

16. Likes: dimviii (25th January 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Drunk people do silly things (especially those who put that penguin thing in the middle of the road).